So Will This Run The Game?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:27 PM

https://lubbock.crai...5243321704.html

#2 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:09 PM

It should be able to considering it can handle Crysis 3 decently/ok, Not sure how the current build of MWO Stacks up to the Crysis Games Though.
Here's a Vid of a Laptop Just like that Playing Crysis 3 at ~30 FPS:

#3 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

It will probably run the game, but I'm not sure how satisfied you will be with it. That's a Nehalem CPU and a mobile Radeon that's a few generations old now. Might wanna search around here for suggestions on how to maximize performance.

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:27 PM

I don't need superb performance...just something that will make the game tolerable while traveling this next week.

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Well, tolerable is a personal opinion. To me, my laptop with an i7 4710 and GTX 870M is just barely above the tolerable level. For others, a mobile i3 and GTX 720M is tolerable. Either way, that's a machine that can probably give you a couple years of service for light gaming, browsing, etc. Just don't expect to crank very high settings at 60fps.

#6 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

My old laptop was comparable to that, only it had about half the GPU power (5730m). A year ago, that ran MWO acceptably on the lowest settings, but just barely.

You will be able to run the game at what is probably a lower-mediumish setting at your desired resolution, so it will look okay, however the CPU will hamstring you to some degree. I saw performance in the 15-30fps range, playable as most roles, but not good by any stretch of the imagination and it was hard to be competitive.

If $300 is your budget, then it's not a terrible choice, imo. In fact, in many games it will probably do okay. You'd be able to play modern MMOs (I played GW2 and Aion at good settings and smooth fps on high), a fair number of the shooters out there on mediumish depending on the title, etc. MWO is a worst case scenario, though, and will give you some trouble, not unplayably but some trouble nonetheless.

#7 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah I dug into it a bit and it would have played acceptably...unfortunately he refused my offer (I have to barter more than buy for my hobbies). I'm likely going to be stuck either playing with my I5/HD4000 laptop at 30fps +/- (except on winter city where I cap at 10) or trying to find a way to pack my old E6700/GTX280 desktop into my suitcase for a flight to las vegas.

whole reason I'm looking at the moment is because I'm going have to spend a week in Vegas for training/work and will have nothing better to do while there other than watch netflix. Vegas isn't my kind of city.

Edited by Makenzie71, 04 October 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

well wait....would an E6700 even still play this game? I know the GTX280 would still give me 30~40fps on low settings but would the processor be up to it? I was playing this on my XPS720 less than a year ago running the same processor but I'm not sure if it's changed since.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users