4 replies to this topic

#1 Ruutah

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

Greetings fellow warriors,

I've searched on the subject and found one thread over a year old that wasn't much help. But is there a way to reset the video settings to default without logging in? I had to reinstall some drivers and such, now when I log in and it goes to full screen, it looks like it's in 800x600 resolution, which means, I can't see all corners of the screen.

HELP please!

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

You may need to double check your system resolution. If after logging on you can not see the Settings in the lower right corner there are two other ways. The 2nd way will not help if there is some corruption with the video driver setup, the game can not force the system to run at a resolution that is not viable.

If in game, hit Alt Enter. The game may be set in windowed mode instead of full screen mode, and if the game is and it is running at a higher resolution than current system resolution it will look similar to what you described.

I believe with some recent changes the default resolution is 13

Start up the launchpad, click on the cog upper right corner, run the repair tool and clear the settings.

2nd way (you do need to confirm your resolution first) drill down to your c: drive to users/windows log in name/saved games/MWO/profile/attribute.xml. Rename it first then start up the game. Or edit it with notepad.

Look for the following:

Attr name="OptionCfg.r_Height" value="925"/
Attr name="OptionCfg.r_Width" value="1920"/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 October 2015 - 08:36 AM.

#3 Ruutah

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:22 PM

THANK YOU!

Repair tool worked. LOL

Now whenever I put my login information in the game crashes. FUN TIMES!

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

When you ran the Repair Tool, you did check all options?

Post your dxdiag/ Windows Key + R, type in dxdiag. Save the info and post the top section, from the top just pass the sound card info.

#5 marc specter

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

copied over to note pad . replaced those values. copied over old file and it worked fine. thank you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users