Community Waitfare

13 replies to this topic

#1 God Particle

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

Don't lock people into contracts or loyalties, sorry, you don't have enough players for that, and now even the few that play CW can't play together because silly arbitrary contract lock-ins! Contract locks should be removed immediately just so people can play!

#2 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostGod Particle, on 03 October 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Don't lock people into contracts or loyalties, sorry, you don't have enough players for that, and now even the few that play CW can't play together because silly arbitrary contract lock-ins! Contract locks should be removed immediately just so people can play!

Might I recommend the solo or group queue?

Those are Laissez Faire queues...

(Com Warfare is just about dead...courtesy of a lack of incentive and NBT)

The 4v4 Game mode might hold some promise though..

#3 God Particle

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

I disagree, it is the segregation of players and forcing them to only fight with these restrictive contracts that they are locked into for periods of time that is the cause of the issue, not a lack of incentive or NBT.

#4 ShadowRam

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

They just need to implement a CLAN vs IS general solo queue... that picks a random world.

Then number of players would increase...

#5 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:21 PM

View PostGod Particle, on 03 October 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

I disagree, it is the segregation of players and forcing them to only fight with these restrictive contracts that they are locked into for periods of time that is the cause of the issue, not a lack of incentive or NBT.

You do realize, Particle, that other than the game mode used (puretech "Invasion"), that the separation (pick a side) is the only difference between the main queues.. and community warfare.. right? (If one could just switch factions at the drop of a hat... what would be the point of having them?)

#6 God Particle

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:14 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 03 October 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

You do realize, Particle, that other than the game mode used (puretech "Invasion"), that the separation (pick a side) is the only difference between the main queues.. and community warfare.. right? (If one could just switch factions at the drop of a hat... what would be the point of having them?)

This is incorrect, community warfare is a very different game than the main queues. Respawn, different maps, objectives and the time commitment and rewards are totally different. I would like to play community warfare but I cannot because no one is attacking or defending on the clan I am contracted with right now. Forcing me into a contract, charging me 900k to break it, making me wait 3 days to break it are the root causes of this issue. Someone at PGI (probably the same guy giving input into the matchmaker originally) is obsessed with putting people in buckets they can't get out of to PLAY THE GAME.

I was not born in a vat, or in the inner sphere, I would rather switch sides to IS just for a few games if it means I can PLAY THE GAME, since that's what I spent all this money to do. Seriously, the original 1989 Mechwarrior game was better than this, I choose my contracts each time I played, sure I had those houses I was trying to be loyal to and getting rewards for that loyalty, but if there were no contracts available for those houses on that planet at that time, I could do whatever the hell I wanted. Maybe it's because PGI is in Canada, do they not have freedom in Canada maybe? Perhaps Canada needs to be liberated. ;-)

#7 Sixpack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

Interesting.

I have been getting in matches pretty decently.

There is one pretty decent group currently running for smoke jaguar until tuesday. There is one player that I know off that is trying to form a smoke jaguar CW group and can get 12 mans running (though he has a realy ****** ping). Just yesterday the smoke jaguars were able to field 36 players for a while. Just that the quality of our players has dropped dramatically.

There are multiple groups that hang around on the clan teamspeak and for a while even with horrible representation they managed to form groups large enough to attack and get sectors with a few single players spread in to the group. Though I havn't realy seen anything from them in two weeks. Guess they are on brake.

Now that does not mean that we need some serious work to actually bring our game on again. Sadly the best person to actually throw in the effort that I ever knew about had some disagreement with other factions within csj and thus left for other areas from what I can tell.

There are also some of the best units around that are in smoke jaguar, but not interested in CW anymore (think SJR is running for smoke jaguar on the nbnb thingy with a winrate of 98%)

There is a lot of potential for smoke jaguar. But we are lacking in leadership and organisation. And I am not the person for the job.

Edited by Sixpack, 04 October 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#8 Mordin Ashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostShadowRam, on 03 October 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

They just need to implement a CLAN vs IS general solo queue... that picks a random world.

This.
Current planet+faction system would be epic if there were hundreds of players in every faction. But there are not, so the current system is more cumbersome than beneficial.

#9 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:18 AM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 06 October 2015 - 11:37 PM, said:

This.
Current planet+faction system would be epic if there were hundreds of players in every faction. But there are not, so the current system is more cumbersome than beneficial.

I would argue that once they do that, they can just remove the map and replace it with an 8bit Tug of War rope, since there wouldn't be any territory considerations. If people are only playing it for the game mode (including puretech) and match rewards... why waste time and resources on a map and fluff?

I think they need to give us material reasons to take planets.

#10 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

thank you, but no thank you
you are a mechwarrior, piloting a big heavy war machine, which is dropping from a huge space ship (called dropship), which is part of a bigger fleet of spaceships, travelling between planets and stars, owned by nations that have hundreds of star systemsh
so I say and I say, contracts and not to able to fight each game on a different side is quite normal when you talk CW
CW needs more content and thats why its called Beta 2

#11 Havelock Vetinari

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:52 PM

View PostShadowRam, on 03 October 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

I agree.

These solo queue players should only be matched against each other - never against groups of players.

If this change came, I would start playing CW again - and many others too.

There would be no disadvantage for the premade groups as well, since they would still be able to play CW like it is now.

P,S.: Forbid bringing trial mechs into CW though.

#12 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

Sounds like what we need is a Trial World.

Solo queue only, no PSR ranking, clan vs IS and non faction specific, random CW map, Trial mech only dropdecks, does not alter galaxy map in any way.

Kind of a CW version of "play now".

As a change to go with this, I would make Ghost drops award 250k Cbills + 1000 exp + faction earnings. Give people incentive to wait in a ghost drop and teams will form. Without incentive for that first group of 12 to wait and form up, we won't see a team form to counter it. Maybe even a modifier that increased the earnings for every 10 minutes the players waited in the queue, topping out at 1mil.

So if a player has to wait 30min to form 12 + 10min for the ghost drop, they earn about 1.2mil for it and 4000 exp. If a player joins as the 12th man, and only has to wait the 10min for the ghost drop, then they get the base 250k + 1000 exp.

Make it so waiting in line isn't wasting potential earning time and people will be willing to wait.

#13 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:14 PM

Another useful change would be the addition of a CW all chat window - the ability to communicate to the other warriors in queues to coordinate battles on specific planets. Many, if not most warriors are frequently willing to relocate their attacks and defenses simply to get into a match. While you are queued up waiting for a match to form, you cannot see or communicate with other players in other queues - and as such players sit idle when they could be deployed.

Actively using the existing faction and unit chats, and the LFG queue, does improve queue speed and match forming outcomes, but these tools could be a good deal more flexible than they are in their current form. The lack of access to usable data while in queue is a big part of the problem during slow periods.

In the past few days we have been successful in generating all night long battles for planets through the EU time zone and the Oceanic time zone, by actively advertising the battles in the faction chats, and by visiting allied and enemy teamspeak servers in order to get both sides to participate. Generally, we are usually able to get about 60 to 100 players to join in during the weekdays when the servers are historically quiet during these times.

So, there are enough players who desire to participate in CW at any given time of day to form a match. The problem lies in communicating with these players in order to coordinate the matches.

Faction restrictions for attackers also interferes with this process - faction restrictions should be eased in the interest of reducing the queue times. I see no problem with allowing other Clanners into a Wolf Clan attack, for example... the planet could stay in the Wolf zone, while the planet tag could go to the majority participants. The Lore supports the mixing of troops from different factions in both attack and defense, for both Clans and IS.

#14 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:10 PM

as long as there is no update on Community Warfare it is best to make the final battle from beta 1 and keep it going on until there is an update to the gameplay in CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users