Feedback

20 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:45 PM

Can we have an option so we don't have to click the dismiss button on the start of the game plz

We allready see with the patcher or on this homepage.

#2 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

Yes please. We don't need more spam at the Home screen. If I want to buy a new mech or hear about news I'll go online or click on the STORE.

Edited by rolly, 05 October 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#3 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 03 October 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

Can we have an option so we don't have to click the dismiss button on the start of the game plz

I'll take this and as an added bonus can we get the other stuff, currently selected mech, unit & pilot info pop-up/drop-down menus to remain in the same state? Cause having to collapse them after every match is annoying.

#4 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

Posted Image

Pretty please ?

#5 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 06 October 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Posted Image

Pretty please ?

Unfortunately not safe for all resolutions, and knowing PGI they will anchor it rightside so that it will be waaaaaaaaaaay over to the right on triple rez monitors

#6 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 06 October 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Unfortunately not safe for all resolutions, and knowing PGI they will anchor it rightside so that it will be waaaaaaaaaaay over to the right on triple rez monitors

Benefit of the doubt: they might do it right on the first try because now they know so much more about UI-design and are very competent.

#7 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 06 October 2015 - 04:14 PM, said:

Benefit of the doubt: they might do it right on the first try because now they know so much more about UI-design and are very competent.

Yeah, no.

Posted Image

#8 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 06 October 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

Yeah, no.

Irony is the internet's nemesis.

#9 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostIronwithin, on 06 October 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Irony is the internet's nemesis.

Truer words have not been said.

#10 bskifton

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRochester, MN

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 03 October 2015 - 11:45 PM, said:

As of the new patch, I cannot click the Dismiss button at all. So. That sucks.

#11 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

PGI I suggest you read "Your Marketing Sucks" by Mark Stevens.

Spamming us with ads of stuff we can readily find in Store and on the forum twice upon loadup isn't going to drive more sales. In fact it likely is disregarded while the eye tries to find the DISMISS button as fast as possible. We already know whats on sale and more specifically what we want to buy. Since there is nothing new, from either the patcher OR the forum its redundant and a waste of programming time frankly.

#12 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

Reminder:
That pop up is not "all ads". Not unless you consider announcements of events to also be ads.

I personally don't mind the single click to dismiss it one for that duration of my play time. I do it once, it doesn't come back up (unless I want it to, or I logged out).

As far as the other info-tabs not remaining minimized, it's a known issue already. Mentioned in last Patch Notes. It is being worked on, and a fix is coming.

PS: It also appears as though the launcher/patcher screen may be disappearing soon. When that does, the only in game announcements for events (and yes sales, but also give aways) will be that one "forced" popup. They are ramping up for Steam, and Steam doesn't use a launcher/patcher system. This is their way to maintain communication with people who don't often visit the forums.

#13 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:56 AM

View PostTesunie, on 09 October 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

As far as the other info-tabs not remaining minimized, it's a known issue already. Mentioned in last Patch Notes. It is being worked on, and a fix is coming.

PS: It also appears as though the launcher/patcher screen may be disappearing soon. When that does, the only in game announcements for events (and yes sales, but also give aways) will be that one "forced" popup. They are ramping up for Steam, and Steam doesn't use a launcher/patcher system. This is their way to maintain communication with people who don't often visit the forums.

Steam - lol I can't wait for that. I already love reading the reviews for War Thunder that Gaijin tries to suppress on their own forums. Thanks for the info though. I still wish there was an opt-out check box.

#14 Tuis Ryche

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:03 PM

Pop-up opt-out signed.

#15 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:34 AM

View PostTesunie, on 09 October 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

Reminder:
That pop up is not "all ads". Not unless you consider announcements of events to also be ads.

It would be okay, if it wasn't already shown in the launcher as well - which, annoyinlgy, you cannot circumvent either.

#16 Anachronda

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 293 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:31 AM

View Postrolly, on 05 October 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Yes please. We don't need more spam at the Home screen. If I want to buy a new mech or hear about news I'll go online or click on the STORE.

I agree. Their heart was in the right place, I expect, and I don't personally mind their spam so much. But when the game crashes or you get disconnected, and you are trying to get back in quickly, this slows you down that much more. That's what kills it for me.

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 10 October 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

It would be okay, if it wasn't already shown in the launcher as well - which, annoyinlgy, you cannot circumvent either.

But if the launcher was to be removed?
That's more so my point. It looks like the launcher (theorizing here, no confirmation) may be getting removed when the game moves over to Steam.

#18 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostTesunie, on 10 October 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

That's more so my point. It looks like the launcher (theorizing here, no confirmation) may be getting removed when the game moves over to Steam.

I don't oppose that much, although I do see that if you're trying to reconnect it could be annoying. My issue is that I know who I am and what unit I'm in, and what mech I'm driving. I don't need to see that information popping back out after every single match.

#19 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:48 AM

View PostShadowbaneX, on 10 October 2015 - 07:32 AM, said:

I don't oppose that much, although I do see that if you're trying to reconnect it could be annoying. My issue is that I know who I am and what unit I'm in, and what mech I'm driving. I don't need to see that information popping back out after every single match.

That's not the typical popup people are talking about here (and that issue is known and they are working on having that become memorized). The popup being discussed here is the announcement's feed that is echoed within the launcher/patcher.

I can see and understand that reconnecting issues it might cause, and the slow down there. I'm just trying to remind people that, in appearance at least, the Launcher looks like it may be going away, leaving the in game announcement board as PGI's remaining communication to their average gamers. For now, we are getting a double heaping of it, but I don't think it will remain that way for too long.

#20 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

View PostTesunie, on 10 October 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

Then I'd be fine with it, yep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users