Sensors On Pts

2 replies to this topic

#1 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

What I liked about the last test was that mechs needed some time to be tracked on the radar (like a minor ECM effect).

I really hope this will be included in the final version. On the one hand this will help ligh mechs to scout without having a big fat red rectangle at once around them or be visible on the radar for everyone and on the other hand give them a role on the battlefield.

One thing, however, confused me:
Why had light mechs a bonus on tracking mechs for their sensors on close range while heavies and assaults on larger distances?
This counters to some degree what I wrote above - because lights should be the scouts.

#2 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

For me the Sensor system is not very realistic. Instead of buffing sensors randomly they should first introduce quirks that give mechs better stealth depended on size. So a huge atlas is easier to detect than a locust. After this is done, they could think about buffing sensors depended on role.
"A light with less sensor capabilities could compensate this with it's size and be able to see a assault earlier."

Keep in mind, that bigger mechs have more space for sensors. There are several big mechs with exelent sensors and not every light is a running sensor platform.

When you have the basics for a good system, you could think about the effects from heat and energy output on the stealth value of a mech.

#3 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostMasterBurte, on 04 October 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

For me the Sensor system is not very realistic. Instead of buffing sensors randomly they should first introduce quirks that give mechs better stealth depended on size. So a huge atlas is easier to detect than a locust. After this is done, they could think about buffing sensors depended on role.
"A light with less sensor capabilities could compensate this with it's size and be able to see a assault earlier."

Keep in mind, that bigger mechs have more space for sensors. There are several big mechs with exelent sensors and not every light is a running sensor platform.

When you have the basics for a good system, you could think about the effects from heat and energy output on the stealth value of a mech.

I like the part with size & heat and detectabiligy of a mech very much. After all a huge pile of metal should be easier to detect than a smaller one plus something radiating heat like a nova should also be easier to detect

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users