Windows 8 Performance

5 replies to this topic

#1 KrashDown

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:53 AM

So I havent played mechwarrior online since it first came out. Back then I was using a laptop with specs I cant quite recall, but, they barely made it, with a windows 7 OS (important note). I was still able to play without frame rate dropping. I now have a much better laptop but with windows 8.1 , and the game is unplayable. My question to you is, should I curse the heavens for having windows 8 and not having the ability to downgrade ( thanks HP) or did MWO advance in a way where I need an even better better better PC. OR/ALSO has anyone had this problem and what did you do to get some increased performance?

#2 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

Performance between 7 and 8 should be near identical in this game.

If the new laptop really has better specs there's probably some other issue that needs solving. Sometimes the game runs on the onboard instead of the dedicated gpu for instance.

#3 KrashDown

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:07 AM

Interesting , Well unless anyone else has any info on this topic, Im gunna start the process of figuring out how to get some more speed out of this pc.

#4 Kelmeri

• Pip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:25 AM

Well, unless you already have shut down all unnecessary programs from running while you play, do that. I have all them fancy desktop settings off, and nothing besides running on background. Do you have dualcore or more? Integrated GPU or separate board? Also, try changing settings, what DX version it runsaasti on or somestuff like that.

#5 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:54 AM

Have you:

Changed your power options for the CPU to run at 98% instead of 100%?
Updated your graphics drivers?
Ensured in both the system power options and graphics drivers that 'maximum performance' is configured?
Looked at your system temperatures while running the game?

Also, OP, you didn't tell us the actual specs or what graphics settings you're running with the game. So, you know, we can't really tell you much of anything. We need that to help set your expectations properly.

#6 KrashDown

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:15 PM

Well when the game first came out I was running a Athlon II x2 with 2.6 with 4gb ddr2 or 3 and a rad hd 6470 if I remember correctly , or if that graphics card even exists.
Now Im running AMD Quad Core 2.50 with a Radeon HD I wanna say 7420 and 4gb ddr3

The game is running much better now . Reasons being:

Ran a scetchy script ( I found off a - make windows 8 run faster website-) which edited reg files to get rid of crappy windows 8 pomp and frills while also going into Cat Control Center for AMD graphics and suggested it run for performance which is gunna look like sand , vs quality which makes it look like fine imported booty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users