Criticism Wanted: Gameplay Recordings

2 replies to this topic

#1 Zombie Gandhi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:19 AM

As of late, I've been recording some of the various games I play (to varying degrees of success), and I got to thinking what constitutes interesting recording, and what people actually enjoy viewing. When you (collectively) decide to watch someone's recorded gameplay, what about the video keeps your attention, and encourages you to return to watch others?

Here's a short snippet of various MWO games I've slapped together.

I'd appreciate any criticisms and pointers. While I'm recording for the creative and enjoyment factor, I am seeking to make better quality content (such as it is).

Many thanks in advance.
-ZG

#2 ninjitsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 11:30 AM

It would be nice to have a transition between clips, instead of just cutting straight to the next clip. What resolution do you play the game in?

#3 Zombie Gandhi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:57 PM

My monitor's resolution is 1680x1050, but when editing, I force the aspect ration to 1920x1080, as Youtube says that such is the optimal aspect ration for videos hosted there. With Youtube's compression, I am losing some quality in the uploads, where the videos don't look quite as sharp as they do on the computer. Something I'm still experimenting with.

By transition, do you mean some sort of place holder between the random clips; whether that's some sort of title card, or post processing transition effects?

Also, in terms of MWO gameplay, do people prefer these more pure action defined edited clips, or an entire game played, but edited for time a little?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users