6 replies to this topic

#1 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

If you're a long time vet of putting up with EA's BS you probably know it's not worth buying BattleFront on launch day. Just look at the launch day results of there last 3 DICE games... not so great. Not saying it will be a bad game but I wouldn't buy it until I know issues are fixed.

#2 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

I don't mind launch day purchases or even preorders, but it does depend on the studio and what they have shown so far. Case-by-case judgement applies.

Unfortunately, what I have seen of Battlefront so far does not convince me. Why did this have to become CoD in space? :(

#3 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 04 October 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Basing stuff on track record is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Nah. It's a risk, but so is buying anything just because of how it appears to be. Metacritic is unreliable because it's undermined by haters and fanboys, and reviews always come with a bit of bias on behalf of the author. I suppose Let's Play videos might be the best option, but ideally your impression should be based on a mixture of different sources. Including how much you liked the developer's previous works.

I got sucked into Colonial Marines as well, but on the other hand, for me it was an exception from the rule, and I believe I've become wiser (or more critical/sceptical) as a result of it.

Studio reputation should play a big role in one's decision to purchase or not. Gearbox (or Dice for that matter) aren't names I'd be willing to gamble on for a first-day purchase. I'm even remaining cautious with Bethesda's upcoming FallOut 4 and will wait for community reaction just to hear about how much it differs from FO3.
On the other hand, Harebrained Schemes is a developer who has yet to disappoint me in any way.

#4 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 04 October 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Why did this have to become CoD in space? :(

It's not even that, since it doesn't have the space element to it. Just CoD with... lasers?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users