Pgi Justify This If You Can!

9 replies to this topic

#1 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:30 AM

I got discoed from a match and got back in to find myself dead. 0 pts damage, 0 assists, NOTHING. I GOT A BIG GOOSE EGG. My side won and my rank did a = no change. OK. I play another game I got 2 kills 3 assists and 297 damage. We lost. My rank GOES DOWN!?!? WTF! You place HIGHER value in doing nothing in a win than having moderate/fair success in a loss?!
Zero effort with a win no change. Effort, trying, contributing, team still looses, and PGI gives you a NUT SHOT saying you suck. And Im paying premium time to be told so.

#2 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:54 AM

if you do 200+ damage and get at least one kill for every team kill your score will still go up. Team work my ass. If that isn't a slap to the face I am not sure what is.

#3 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

Zero points and no PSR change for a disco? Sounds about right to me. As near as I can tell, if your PSR goes down on a zero-point disco, players who don't care about their PSR will purposely dico so as to lower their PSR. Why? So that they can farm C-bills among the lower tiers.

Instead of whining about it, think about it for minute and propose something better. Otherwise, you come off sounding like a spoiled 6-year old.

#4 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 05 October 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

I got discoed from a match and got back in to find myself dead. 0 pts damage, 0 assists, NOTHING. I GOT A BIG GOOSE EGG. My side won and my rank did a = no change. OK.

I agree. If you don't contribute much or have only insignificant contributions to a fight, your score should go down. It shouldn't matter if your teammates carry you or not. I do think that if you win on conquest though by capping or by assault by base cap, and you were a significant part of that capping effort, your match score should probably reflect that. I'm tier 1 but this is only because I play a lot of games, not because I would consider myself really good at this game. Tier is more like an XP bar because of the fact that it is biased towards increasing, and your psr only goes down if you manage, CONSISTENTLY, to drag your entire team down kicking and screaming to defeat.

I play another game I got 2 kills 3 assists and 297 damage. We lost. My rank GOES DOWN!?!? WTF! You place HIGHER value in doing nothing in a win than having moderate/fair success in a loss?!
Zero effort with a win no change. Effort, trying, contributing, team still looses, and PGI gives you a NUT SHOT saying you suck.

I kind of agree here, kind of disagree. I have some games in my arctic cheetah or firestarter where I only do 500 damage and get 5 kills, but three or four of those kills are solo kills done through efficient destruction of side torso on an IS XL mech or back center torso of other mechs. The system doesn't completely measure your efficiency, so maybe you're just getting extremely clean kills, or maybe you're just last hitting mechs that were about to die anyways. Either way, I think the match score should value low damage solo kills more than high damage solo kills somehow.

And Im paying premium time to be told so.

Premium time gives you the extra cbills no matter what, win or lose. This makes no sense at all and has nothing to do with PSR, match score, tiers, or anything. Like I said, I agree with you on some points, but this is completely irrelevant.

#5 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:58 PM

View Postbar10jim, on 05 October 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Zero points and no PSR change for a disco? Sounds about right to me. As near as I can tell, if your PSR goes down on a zero-point disco, players who don't care about their PSR will purposely dico so as to lower their PSR. Why? So that they can farm C-bills among the lower tiers.

Instead of whining about it, think about it for minute and propose something better. Otherwise, you come off sounding like a spoiled 6-year old.

Lets see. PSR. Player Skill Rating. PLAYER. SKILL.
The RATING should win or loose go down if you have a bad match. The RATING should win or loose go up if you have an above average match. It should win or loose stay the same if you fall into the (probably biggest zone) area where you just did ok. There should be games where most of the players on each side stay the same and only the good and bad are rewarded or penalized accordingly. If you shine ++, if you sucked it up --, in between ===. Is player skil reflected only in winning? NO. But PGI, is putting most of the emphasis on it. Is the measure of your value to a team only about how mch damage you do? NO. But again PGI is putting the majority of match score to damage. Those are the things that are wrong. PGI says they want to have more INFO war and roles for mechs, yet they fail to reward those that do these and make significant contribution to a match in ways other than damage. And as for me being a spoiled 6 year old... Suck a bag of d!cks. Im probably an immature 12 year old.

#6 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:21 PM

I had a terrible game with 3000 ping. I did 67 damage and died.

My PSR remained unchanged due to the fact that I managed to be on the winning team. It should have went down.

#7 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,575 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

The PSR is designed to measure teamwork-oriented playing behaviors - not to measure your overall skill level. To that end, it makes perfect sense to include whether or not your team wins as some part of that metric. You're going to find that there are games where you get lucky (or unlucky) because of that - it's ok. Like Elo, the PSR isn't trying to do its work by reading tea leaves based on this or that individual match: it's trying to evaluate your overall performance over time.

PGI has just recently implemented the system. They've got some data, and they're constantly getting more - and they're sure to tweak the system if they find that it's not working as well as it needs to be. They might not even tell you this, because the formulas for PSR are secret, but the test of the system is how well it works overall - and not whether we have a few matches we don't feel are fair.

#8 Arkbird_

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 121 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostLemming of the BDA, on 05 October 2015 - 01:30 AM, said:

I got discoed from a match

Your first line is the likely reason why it didn't change. If you always went down when you dc'd people who want to lower their rating to get easier matches to get more cbills would simply abuse this by disconnecting frequently to lower their rating.

That said it might be worth testing to see if it stays equal on losses you D/C on (and die before reconnecting) as well.

Edited by Arkbird Phoenix Kell, 05 October 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#9 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:12 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 05 October 2015 - 04:21 PM, said:

I had a terrible game with 3000 ping. I did 67 damage and died.

My PSR remained unchanged due to the fact that I managed to be on the winning team. It should have went down.

No our mighty MM know everything,
You were a very good teamate your psr deserve to rise .. your team win man ! Also YOU ARE a GOOD teamplayer whatever you do if your team win it mean you did a good job !!! ( maybe even a teamkiller should psr rise if his team win ??? idk but well why not its PGI everything is possible ).

#10 MadFJohn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:13 PM

what i not like here is i am a team player with average scores. when my team loses my score goes down if my team wins my score goes up. i had many of times scored very will for the team play part but sens the rest of my team did not do so well and lost i get a loss. So basically i being punished for having a bad team.

If you relay want this to show how a pilots is doing for team play then you need to get rid of the win loss part first. you can be a great team player and lose the mach but your score wood go up them. but if you are a terrible team player and your team wins but your score should go down.
Second part i wood remove the damage done all together. this suppose to be a team not who dose the most damage. you already covering it in kill assist, Kills and most damage done to enemy mech with or with out kill, Solo kill and such.

this my feeling on this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users