Patch Notes - 1.4.13.0 - 06-Oct-2015

84 replies to this topic

#21 Jalthibuster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 114 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Any ETA for fixing the missing gate gen and o-gen status bars in CW? Or did i miss something and that is actually a feature?

#22 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 05 October 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

• Opening cinematic now features 'Mechs engaged in ground combat during the drop sequence.

This might be the most significant thing in this patch: does that mean those mechs are engaged in ground combat...

...UTILIZING AI?

#23 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 05 October 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
This might be the most significant thing in this patch: does that mean those mechs are engaged in ground combat...

...UTILIZING AI?

Read reports from Unit members encountering "Server BOT 003" in match, two of them, and got 3 kills between them.

Looks like the AI is smarter then some players.

:)

This is going to be fun.

#24 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 05 October 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

Read reports from Unit members encountering "Server BOT 003" in match, two of them, and got 3 kills between them.

This is going to be fun.

That, as I've been saying for a long, long time, is the key to the long waits on CW. Not enough people to form a defense? Drop some AI to fill the void.

Not sure I'm too wild about them being Tier 3+, but...

I always thought that AI should be used for tanks and maybe infantry. Just think of how much fun it would be to blow up a Goblin or Ontos, or get info from a Swift Wind.

Planet doesn't have any defenders? Pop in some AI tanks. Turrets? Chuck them for AI tanks. Or even Elementals, if they're Clans...

I still think Mechs should be player-exclusive, but whatevs.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 05 October 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#25 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 05 October 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

This is going to be fun.

I wouldn't say "smarter." I'd say "lazily coded to pinpoint fire on single components without even remotely trying to emulate human error"

I seriously doubt we will get complex bots in this game in the next three years, or even at all.

#26 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 05 October 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

I wouldn't say "smarter." I'd say "lazily coded to pinpoint fire on single components without even remotely trying to emulate human error"

I seriously doubt we will get complex bots in this game in the next three years, or even at all.

Which is another reason I'd rather have them be vehicles than mechs. A goblin has a single LL and MG. Even the big boys don't pack a lot of different weapons.

It would be better than Dropships, which unerringly target and hit the CT, or Turrets, which unerringly pop the legs.

#27 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

I'm kind of OCD about file names being used for organizational purposes, so this ...

Screenshot file-names will now use the following format: 'MWO month.day.year-hour.minute.second.'

... ALMOST makes me happy.

I've been playing the game for more than two years, and will probably keep playing until there aren't 23 other people as stubborn as me trying to find a match, so can we get the file name format switched to ...

'MWO year.month.day-hour.minute.second.'

... to help with sorting multi-year archives of screen shots. (Yes, I know there are ways to work around it ... as I said, I'm kind of obsessive about stuff like this.)

#28 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

k, so again, not repaired EXPANDED. (as i said , expecting it will be solved like portrait issue, ie, see ya in 3 WEEKS.)

an what about that ugly orange spam on main screen, can we disable it now? or same, ie see ya in 3 weeks?

#29 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 October 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

The deadline for the top tier packs is October 20th (I smell another pack announcement before then! :ph34r: ). I have a feeling that the Zeus and Executioner will start to get previews thrown out there on the main page like the Cicada, Nova and Wolverine have had, before the 20th rolls around.

Well Russ wants to do another town hall before late October, so yeah, new pack announcement confirmed. That's the only reason he does town halls these days.

#30 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

The AA wireframe issue was fixed for the mech textures, why is it an issue on the map textures?

#31 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

View Postaniviron, on 05 October 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

Well Russ wants to do another town hall before late October, so yeah, new pack announcement confirmed. That's the only reason he does town halls these days.

He actually guaranteed on Twitter that there would be no new mech pack announced with this Town Hall.

#32 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostBoyka, on 05 October 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

This is the 3rd map with dropships, can we get a minimap upgrade in the "Drop Preparation" screen?
Bases, cap points and lances position like this example:

Posted Image

Can you do this (i think little) change? So the time wasted in the countdown will be more useful. Thankyou.

Yes, you win the internet this morning. Smurfy has had this for ages, so not sure why MWO has not picked it up..

Moar pre match "information warfare" if not just for the fun of it! Especially useful for new players (think ahead to steam release, how much derping could be prevented on conquest matches with this info provided)

Edited by White Bear 84, 05 October 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#33 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 05 October 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

No that's still on the table. I'll follow-up on it.

I'm rarely this pleased to be wrong.

Thank you!

#34 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 677 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:53 PM

I like how the maps are being re-visited and reworked but I wish Caustic had been left alone. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if I still enjoy it. It would be nice to keep the old versions of the maps in rotation as well. Though I know that would kind of defeat the purpose of re-doing them to begin with. Can't wait to overheat in my Crab in the new caustic.

#35 BMKA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 104 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationChile

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:57 AM

Oh my god, new map, mi ugly crab and my loyal mechs.

BEST DAY EVAAA!!!

#36 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:55 AM

Good work need more fix next ;)

#37 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:03 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 05 October 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

That, as I've been saying for a long, long time, is the key to the long waits on CW. Not enough people to form a defense? Drop some AI to fill the void.

Not sure I'm too wild about them being Tier 3+, but...

I always thought that AI should be used for tanks and maybe infantry. Just think of how much fun it would be to blow up a Goblin or Ontos, or get info from a Swift Wind.

Planet doesn't have any defenders? Pop in some AI tanks. Turrets? Chuck them for AI tanks. Or even Elementals, if they're Clans...

I still think Mechs should be player-exclusive, but whatevs.

I am in favor of AI to help fill in. In favor of good AI that is not 3rd grade level intelligence that is not easily defeatable.

In favor of AI to supplement the players not in favor of AI to replace them. In favor of them in PvP if needed not for PvE.

#38 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 06 October 2015 - 05:03 AM, said:

I am in favor of AI to help fill in. In favor of good AI that is not 3rd grade level intelligence that is not easily defeatable.

In favor of AI to supplement the players not in favor of AI to replace them. In favor of them in PvP if needed not for PvE.

My thoughts, too. AI should be a stop-gap, not an advantage. If a faction doesn't defend a planet, they shouldn't get invincible, unerringly accurate killbots. That's why I say they should be vehicles: Attackers or Defenders get to shoot at something that moves and shoots back, but they still have an overwhelming advantage.

#39 Igor Kozyrev

• WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • WC 2017 Silver Champ
  • 1,881 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia, Siberia

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:33 AM

Some people already are not fans of win8 style badges, and it seems like you're going to eventually convert whole game into it? Absolutely not a fan of that. Also, where are the skull badges from resistance 1? Those which Tina promised in april?

Edited by Igor Kozyrev, 06 October 2015 - 05:34 AM.

#40 Tachipirina1000

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:35 AM

"The above items will not block or slow down 'Mechs or weapons fire."

this isn't true, every tree that I hit slows down my FPS (-5/-10) then block or slow down the gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users