Sabertooth Mk. I (Mechwarrior-Related Design)

Art Blog

2 replies to this topic

#1 Smootha

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:30 AM

Hello Mechwarriors,

i've been working on my own MechWarrior-related design of a fictional Assault Mech.

Click on
http://etienneneuhau...ech-sketch.html
or see the pictures below!

I know, its armament could be way to heavy - but i love the optics of the attached stuff i put in this monster. Beeing factionless by now this Sabertooth Mk. I is ready for adoption! :)

Feel free to tell me your thoughts (and fears :P ) about my work but please keep in mind: i am not a professional!

See you on the Battle Field!

Cheers,

Smootha

Posted Image
I startet with a 10% Copic Marker (cool gray) to search for the right proportions and key features.
During the second step i drew the outlines, cut lines and some details using a Fine Liner.

Posted Image

After scanning the hand made sketch into my tablet i did a clean up and Photoshop rendering to show the forms and possible colour pattern. Enjoy!

Edited by Smootha, 06 October 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#2 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:56 AM

I think it actually looks pretty good. Quite original design, definately holding some tonnage. The legs, body and arms give it a great sense of weight.
As for the fear factor, 'High Speed reverse!!!' if I ever saw one face to face on the battlefield, though by then I imagine it would be too late.
Beside the dual guass/PPC load out, What else do you imagine it would carry?

All over very well done o7

#3 Smootha

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 October 2015 - 04:35 AM

Hi Bolter01,

thanks for your nice comment! =)

Actually, i... i think i wanted it to have some Medium Lasers as a close combat backup. You can see them in the mid centre torso.
I also added some rocket bays below the PPC and Gauss on each arm housing some SRMs (two SRM Six each). But considering the total amount of needed tonnage including ammo... this may end up in a reaaaaly slow Battle Mech.
If i think about it know i seemed to put in all the weaponry i wanted to have on the battle field, ignoring heat or tonnage limitations. The first try was and is all about the general appearence.

But the layer strategy in Photoshop will of course provide an easy way of changing the armament to a more "realistic" type.

PS: I think the two Medium Lasers are still pretty fair though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users