#1 Kira Onime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

PGI hasn't learned jack **** from viridian bog/forest colony and has put clutter everywhere.

Wouldn't want to be an assault on that map.

#2 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

Nascar noobs, nascar noobs everywhere.
Chasing squirrels, abandoning assaults despite TWO assault pilots asking (nicely) in team chat.

However I wouldn't say it's PGI's fault. The map is nice. It's the people's stupidity (as usual) that is the problem.
You can't design a map that is totally fool-prove and tactically thrilling at the same time.

#3 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Whatever works.

#4 Torric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

I fail to see the improvements on the new caustic valley. Same size (which was one of the main issues with the old one...) and worse fps on my potato. Anyway, who still cares at this point, right? :D

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostTorric, on 06 October 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

I fail to see the improvements on the new caustic valley. Same size (which was one of the main issues with the old one...) and worse fps on my potato. Anyway, who still cares at this point, right? :D

Size was not the issue as Caustic has been pretty big always, PGI also stated about 100 times they were not going to change the size of it. Just beautification and destructible terrain.

#6 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

• It looks bad. It looks too much like Sulferous rifts now. Taking away the map pool diversity
  • Fog is everywhere, visibility is piss poor for no reason. It was never a long range map to begin with, i have to use night vision just to shoot mechs 500m away
  • Doesn't get rid of ridge humping, just makes it much more tedious
Maybe the sollution to get rid of ridge humping isn't to add bigger ridges. its to GET RID OF RIDGES. I hope they at least take away that concept from this map adjustment

Edited by Tennex, 06 October 2015 - 12:52 PM.

#7 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

I don't hate the nascar people moan about nascar but then moan when their team stays static and camps - mobile fighting is mobile...
Sure, abandoning a third of your team is stupid (and it is), but I can't say the the mobile nature of the nascar strat annoys me, not if I'm being honest.

I do think the terrain is a bit rough though, creates a lot of weird clipping and poor manoeuvrability given how clunky mech movement is on anything but flat terrain.

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostPaigan, on 06 October 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Nascar noobs, nascar noobs everywhere.
Chasing squirrels, abandoning assaults despite TWO assault pilots asking (nicely) in team chat.

However I wouldn't say it's PGI's fault. The map is nice. It's the people's stupidity (as usual) that is the problem.
You can't design a map that is totally fool-prove and tactically thrilling at the same time.

Example of what Paigan is talking about:

Posted Image

#9 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

If heavies moved any faster they'd have to add banking.

...and a flag stand.

#10 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

OMG I just HAVE to rant:

Caustic again.
People start nascaring as usual.
I write in team chat I won't nascar anymore but stay where I was (nice position for a long range WHK).
Then one guy starts "OMG why isn't our WHK moving".
They got stomped 12-1.
I died as one of the last and did almost as much damage as the best in the team.
And then of course it was the stationary WHK's fault that all of them got stomped.

Idiots.

Next game: Forest Colony. Thank god not the nascar map.
3 minutes into the game: people start nascaring away from us assaults as fast as possible DESPITE reporting being flanked.

Obviously only idiots online at the moment.

Edited by Paigan, 08 October 2015 - 01:48 AM.

#11 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostTennex, on 06 October 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

• It looks bad. It looks too much like Sulferous rifts now. Taking away the map pool diversity
  • Fog is everywhere, visibility is piss poor for no reason. It was never a long range map to begin with, i have to use night vision just to shoot mechs 500m away
  • Doesn't get rid of ridge humping, just makes it much more tedious
Maybe the sollution to get rid of ridge humping isn't to add bigger ridges. its to GET RID OF RIDGES. I hope they at least take away that concept from this map adjustment

Lol hill humping what the hell do you want?
No terrains features just one flat map?
Gawd even a flat earth would have hills.
Just stop.
Posted Image

#12 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

View PostKira Onime, on 06 October 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

PGI hasn't learned jack **** from viridian bog/forest colony and has put clutter everywhere.

Pretty much, I'm thinking they should just skip the foreplay and just remove anything that doesn't go 85+ KPH or 70+ with jump jets jump jets.

#13 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 06 October 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Example of what Paigan is talking about:

Posted Image

I love that vid, was the best one yet. And that gif quality is sick.

#14 Ex Atlas Overlord

• Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostPaigan, on 06 October 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

However I wouldn't say it's PGI's fault. It's the people's stupidity (as usual) that is the problem.

1) The map LOOKS amazing. If I played a fast clan heavy, or fast IS medium or light... I'm sure I'd like to play on it.

2) Players make the problem worse by embracing the "I'm faster than you so you either need to also bring a small fast mech or die so I don't have to" mindset.....But Players didn't design and build the game into catering to that play style.... PGI did.

3) They could easily change the game so that assault mechs aren't stopped by every little thing, or forced to come to a screeching halt the second they're not walking down a perfectly flat surface.

I'm convinced they're shaping the game to cater to COD twitch fans, by making it a chore for the slow mechs to move, play, or return fire easily (terrain, hill slowdown, the super speed poke alpha gameplay with exaggerated firepower on non-assaults) so that the fast, jump jet, poke alpha warriors will have mechs to farm and feel good about.

I figure they know the BT game being made is going to take away their hardcore Battletech "we'll give you money just b/c this has the word battletech somewhere in it" fans.... leaving them to need to scoop up all the mindless twitch shooter drivel they can.

Edited by The Atlas Overlord, 06 October 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#15 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

LOL i dont bother dropping with a Atlas on it.

As expected any Assault for example as the Direwolf and the Atlai is heavily in the min because of this new map.

It's even worse then before! Similar Assault like the Direwolf shares the same problem: speed. The speed is killing it. The map is killing it for us.

Why bother dropping in a Assault slower then 60 km/h?

The map discourage dropping in a Assault.

GG PGI.

Edited by Sarlic, 06 October 2015 - 01:39 PM.

#16 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostCygnusX7, on 06 October 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:

If TBRs moved any faster they'd have to add banking.

...and a flag stand.

FTFY.

#17 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

As a fellow big fat ass assault pilot:

I don't object to the NASCAR style of map. Don't get me wrong - blind circle chase pisses me off - but that's a player problem, not a PGI problem.

What I hate though is the intersection between the "new" movement rules and ground clutter.

Even if they don't stop me in my tracks, the tiniest root or pebble will drop me to 30kph at best - like being legged. That coupled with slow acceleration means that my number one cause of death in Bog is getting hung up on tiny roots I can't even see.

I mean, come on. It's a 100 ton bipedal war machine. It should give absolutely zero f***ks about a small root.

#18 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

Why not? Because of the cover, or because of the distance involved?

If it's the cover, then that's good map design. All that cover-less maps did was make LRMs and long-range meta king. If it's the distance, then yeah, that's bad gamemode design.

#19 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:51 PM

My Zeus did just fine on it.

Now a Mauler thru Direwolf.... well... might be a different story.

Guess friends shouldn't let friends drive fat mechs.

#20 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Had 1 match so far and liked it - looks like the Hell it should be.

Nascar is Mobile Warfare at least....Mechs are made for Mobile Warfare.....Vroooom...Vrooommmm.... :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users