• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:49 AM

This seems extremely unfair and shouldn't be allowed to happen. Why dropships be allowed to shoot enemy mechs that were fast enough at the start? That's an immediate advantage for one team, either forcing them to find cover at the start, stall, or take damage.

Seriously? Why are dropships even programmed to do this in public queue?

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2015 - 05:59 AM

Reminds me of the time we had a bug during scrimmages and somebody managed to bring their CW dropdeck into Forest Colony. We got 12 kills and the match for some reason... didn't end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

More than likely, the dropships are just cut and paste from the CW ones. They may not have had that issue come up in their play testing, so they didn't realize those drop points may be too close to each other.

#4 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

View PostTarogato, on 08 October 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Reminds me of the time we had a bug during scrimmages and somebody managed to bring their CW dropdeck into Forest Colony. We got 12 kills and the match for some reason... didn't end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

WOW, that's fantastic

#5 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

Thats all about range. You in range - DS shoot, no matter passing by or dropping enemy mechs. I got attacked on the spawn by dropship and after then by stupid comrade thats can't see bright blue beams falling from sky. Thats not rly problem but thats annoying, and ned to be fixed.

#6 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:13 PM

View PostNexano, on 08 October 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

I got attacked on the spawn by dropship [snip] Thats not rly problem [snip].

Oh, yes, it ******* is. This is just as bad as the old spawns that would allow direct hits between mechs before any movement.

#7 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:47 AM

I think you got hit by a dropship mainly because drops are so far apart. Why drop ships need to be so far apart is beyond me. There must not be a problem with them being close because they are for Sulfurous Rift base defense, Boreal Vault, and Hellebore Springs. I've seen no issues on those maps because of that.

#8 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:22 AM

it might actually be a new feature to prevent nascar;

unfair? mmm...

maybe more fair than you think?

wasn't it unfair to the enemy dire wolf when you could just race up to him and find him alone?

#9 Wayreth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 109 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

A simple and easy-to-maintain design, the Leopard quickly became the standard lance-sized 'Mech-carrier for the original Star League and the Great Houses. Its relatively low operating costs and abundant existing replacement parts (with the exception of the drive system) has allowed it to not only survive the Succession Wars as a ship class, but become the predominant entry vehicle for 'Mech recon, objective raid, and special operations missions. The two fighter bays allow for the lance's air support needs or act as enlarged cargo areas for booty.
Armament
2 x PPCs
3 x LRM-20s
7 x Medium Lasers
5 x Large Lasers

Edited by Wayreth, 09 October 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#10 eleazr

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

I too watched this happen to a friend on Team 1, Alpha Lance, Skirmish mode (using smurfy as a reference).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users