New Player, Looking For Unit

9 replies to this topic

#1 UnsungHero

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Hi. I've been on the game for about a week, and I've been doing my best to find info and improve. My only mech is a SHD-2D2 set for brawling. I kinda misunderstood the whole factions thing and wound up signing a week long contract with one. It will be up in a couple days. I have many questions to be answered.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

Well, my best suggestion would be to get out there, play a bunch of CW, and chat with your teammates. Actively recruiting Units will mention something if they like what they see in a pug. I've a friend who brings three Lrm mechs to CW. Got invited to a unit because he's a teamplayer, and they liked what they saw.

Anyways, a week long contracts prolly what you want at first. I'd say go faction hop, grind for your rank 2s and mech bays, and when you meet a unit you click with, ask if they're recruiting.

Also, I'm running clans right now, but if you ever wanna drop some group queue for some tough lessons, hit me up. (yes, group queue can be very vicious. Vicious matches can be good lessons.) I may be in CW, but who knows.

~Leone.

#3 Red-Mattila

• PipPipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:16 AM

If you are interested in going clan, check us out at Clan Burrock. We jump between all the clan factions and specialize in helping and training new players. In fact we have 3 brand new never played before members right now. We're mostly a PST and CST unit and am active most after 7:30 pm pst. Come hangout and run some matches with us.

Here's our Teamspeak

Clan-Burrock.enjinvoice.com

and our website

http://clan-burrock.enjin.com/home

Edited by FM Red Legs, 10 October 2015 - 06:47 AM.

#4 Chilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

Hey UnsungHero,

If you would like to stay with an IS based unit, check us out!

Aces Wild

http://www.the-aces.com/

We are one of the more active units in the community and have been for a long time! We offer a welcome home for pilots at all levels of play, and our command group works tirelessly to provide a number of "extras" that you won't find with other units. Examples include role play missions where we set up specific goal scenarios and play them out in private matches, with an ongoing "campaign" type approach, strike missions where we offer the opportunity to those in our ranks who are interested, to go on a short term contract with another house or clan unit (we are a Davion aligned unit), and more. If you're interested, you can also check out our forum thread:

http://mwomercs.com/...-the-aces-wild/

If you stop by, tell 'em Chilly sent ya! That oughta be good for a round or two of cyber shine! ;)

#5 Sean Kerenskov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 334 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:32 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...now-recruiting/

GBKP is recruiting. See the thread for a description of who we are and what we're about!

#6 Flynn Hasek

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

Kaw Kaw! check out The Crows @ thecrows.teamspeak3.com or on the web @ the-crows.net. Start being part of the Murder!

#7 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:05 AM

<S>

Clan SIN is recruiting if you decide to for Clan. We have a few new members along with members that have played together for over a decade (Mostly in the battletech universe). PM for more info, check our site out and pop on comms to shoot some with us.

http://clansin.org

#8 Nardic

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

I'm a fairly new play looking for a unit to run with

I have some minor experience with Mech warrior/Battle Tech/Mech Assault dating back to my childhood days with my family being my biggest influence,

On the current day im doing my best to improve on MWO prefering to use inner sphere over clan but plan on building some mechs into that area some time later for now the mechs that i primarilly run with are:

CPLT-C4 (My main mech)
BJ-1X
AS7-D-DC
HBK-4J

#9 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'd recommend playing quick play matches and grinding it out until you can drop 4 mastery level mechs. Should take like 30-40 hours. Then you'll have a better grip on play and people in cw won't be totally annoyed by your newness

#10 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

View PostUnsungHero, on 09 October 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Hi. I've been on the game for about a week, and I've been doing my best to find info and improve. My only mech is a SHD-2D2 set for brawling. I kinda misunderstood the whole factions thing and wound up signing a week long contract with one. It will be up in a couple days. I have many questions to be answered.

SWOL is very active in quick and CW, so if you are looking for training or just fun then drop in and say hi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users