Severe Performance Drops Since Oct 9Th Patch!

11 replies to this topic

#1 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

Hey everyone,

We have identified an issue with the Nova chassis that may be causing the match-wide FPS issues seen after the release of the October 9th patch.
It looks like an animation bug was introduced into the Nova chassis as a result of the release of the NVA-D [L] variant.

We are aiming to release a hot-fix for this on Tuesday, but if anyone sees this problem in matches where there are no Nova's present (such as in a coordinated Private Match), please let me know through a post in this thread.

UPDATE 10/13/2015.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to issue a hot-fix to resolve this problem. However, a fix is currently on-track for the October 20th patch. I will keep everyone updated on the status of the fix leading up to patch day.

#2 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

Since patch the following issues have shown up. Sounds such as Betty and target lock going out (audio drops), UAVs not showing up on battle map by team. Phantom green & yellow lines like med laser fire showing up randomly and a red frame in center of screen pops up now and then.

Edited by MW222, 12 October 2015 - 06:02 PM.

#3 jay35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

Fwiw, the issue where there are no weapon sounds for some mechs you spectate has been around since at least one patch prior to this one.

#4 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

View Postjay35, on 12 October 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

Fwiw, the issue where there are no weapon sounds for some mechs you spectate has been around since at least one patch prior to this one.

I play for the most part on the North American server set to Skirmish, what server (s) and game modes do you play?

#5 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 03:53 PM

UPDATE.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to issue a hot-fix to resolve this problem. However, a fix is currently on-track for the October 20th patch. I will keep everyone updated on the status of the fix leading up to patch day.

#6 Iron Mouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Noticed tonight that the FPS dropped to 1.5 and game has been unplayable. Map on was caustic Valley.

#7 VxSPEC

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

View PostIron Mouse, on 14 October 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

Noticed tonight that the FPS dropped to 1.5 and game has been unplayable. Map on was caustic Valley.

My problem has been on every map :/ I will, unfortunately, not play until this is fixed. With horrible games the past couple of days, because of the dramatic drop in FPS, Overwolf telling me my FPS was at the lowest 5 then 8 for about 5 seconds, was very discomforting. Please fix this as soon as possible :)

Edited by VxSPEC, 15 October 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#8 Nekomimi2

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

How the Nova D (L) is being exploited:
Exploiters run a group with Nova D and the rest of the players in the group have been found to not be affected by the bug. Nova D suicides during the match and the rest of the group mops up all the frozen players and farms Cbills/XP.

Edited by Nekomimi2, 16 October 2015 - 09:39 PM.

#9 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:32 AM

View PostNekomimi2, on 16 October 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Exploiters run a group with Nova D and the rest of the players in the group have been found to not be affected by the bug. Nova D suicides during the match and the rest of the group mops up all the frozen players and farms Cbills/XP.

This! Happens also in CW Matches! :(

#10 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostNekomimi2, on 16 October 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

A wonderfull picture of mankinds current "Exploiters Society"...

#11 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 13 October 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

UPDATE.

Damn you PGI!

Why did PGI let that crap NOVA L ingame?
PGI knows about that NOVA L is killing the frames!

Lost a damn good match just because of that crappy NOVA L by dropping my frames down to 2.5!

I am realy mad bout PGI´s politics in this case!

Posted Image

Edited by McHoshi, 17 October 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#12 ILikePeaches

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

Most games I would have abandoned by now, but I need my 'mech fix. This relationship with PGI is an abusive one. :wacko:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users