Ranking System

2 replies to this topic

#1 Ral Brelt

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

I can only speak from personal experience, but I find the new ranking system for individual pilots to have an innate flaw. That being, one can play rather well, and still go down in rank thanks to teammates underperforming and causing a match loss. I don't think this is particularly fair, and also that it inspires vulture play.

My suggestion for a fix is to simply remove the win/loss variable from the formula. As for the Vulturing, the rank listing makes people play coward warrior instead of MechWarrior...as they're always worried about trying to get a kill to rank up rather than support the team.

This isn't a flame...just m ideas on how to make things better.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

If kills were the only stats being considered in PSR, you might have a point.

Straight kills and damage are actually only a small part of PSR.

I have had matches with 1 kill and 6 assists, and because I did a whole host of other stuff like scouting, flanking, brawling, staying with my lance, etc. ... I got 400+ match score.

I've seen people do 4 kills and 5 assists and only get 250 or so match score, because they didn't do any of the teamwork stuff that actually earns match score points. Being Rambo works in movies but not MWO.

So your alternative has a flaw -- it doesn't take into account that the formula for PSR is complex.

Edited by Durant Carlyle, 09 October 2015 - 08:28 PM.

#3 Ral Brelt

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

I wasn't referring to kills only...I actively lock and flank. I typically am not a kill hound. I average in the 230s to 400 for match score and still end up waffling at the upper edge of tier 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users