• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

Double Barrel of Pain Anyone!
IV-FOUR
XL 255
Dual LB 10-X w/ 30 Rounds of ammo (2t, 15 Alphas)
Dual SRM 6 w/ 200 Missiles (2t, 16 Alphas+8 Missiles left)
Dual ML
55.80 Total Alpha Damage (10 when out of Ammo)

CPLT-K2
XL 255
Dual PPC
40 Total Alpha Damage (20 when out of Ammo)

JM6-A
XL 255
Dual SRM 2 w/ 100 Missiles (1t, 25 Alphas)
Dual PPC
48.60 Total Alpha Damage (20 when out of ammo)

CTF-4X
STD 250
Dual LB 10-X w/ 60 Rounds of ammo (4t, 30 Alphas)
AMS w/ 1000 Bullets (0.5t)
SRM 4 w/ 150 Missiles (1.5t, 37 Alphas+2 Missiles left)
Dual MPL
40.60 Total Alpha Damage (12 when out of ammo)

MAL-1R
XL 300
Dual LB 10-X w/ 60 Rounds of ammo (4t, 30 Alphas)
Quad SRM 4 w/ 300 Missiles (3t, 18 Alphas with 12 Missiles left)
Dual PPC
74.40 Total Alpha Damage (20 When out of ammo)

KGC-0000
STD 260
Dual LB 10-X w/ 45 Rounds of ammo (3t, 2 Alphas with 1 Shot Left)
Quad SRM 6 w/400 Missiles (4t, 16 Alphas with 16 Missiles Left)
Dual LL
MPL
ML
100.60 Total Alpha Damage (29 when out of ammo)

Edited by Lord Letto, 12 October 2015 - 07:47 PM.

#2 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

Too much heat...Especially when you're counting on HUGE Alphas, with weapons that spread damage all over the place. Hell, your Crab will never get a chance to kill ANYTHING, with it's slow speed, and lack of ranged weapons. The battle will be over by the time you can hit anything.

On your faster mechs, you're still going to have to let your team members peel most of the armor off anyone just to make your weapons effective. Once that happens, and if you can keep up, then yes, your walking crit-seekers should do the job nicely...You just have to survive the gauntlet of ER weapons, Gauss projectiles, and LRMS for the first half of the match, first.

#3 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

You want a giant shotgun? Try a Mauler with FOUR LB-X 10's, it's fun. :D
The way mine's built, it only has 45 shots total (for just over 11 full bursts) but in that short time you can have a blast... blasting people!

Sure, it's not terribly good, but hey, being serious all the time is boring, sometimes it's good to just build something fun/funny. :P

#4 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:00 AM

Letto, I like the idea but not the particular build for the IV-4. Wonderful alphas in your build but this mech's profile is too big to skimp on armor or speed. I typically run just the cannons with an XL-270 (I tried bigger engines but this is the sweet spot for ammo needs vs speed. Going up to a 280 or even a 290 saw no real gains...just less ammo). With the ballistic cool down quirk, plus an added cool down module, you will be able to fire off all your ammo pretty quickly and with devastating affect late game or from behind. Start off play as a harasser or even a pop-tart to maximize endurance. Keep at least one (I run two) jump jets for agility. I occasionally replace the JJ for the MLs but I think it is a wash, and I like the mobility more with the JJ.

I tried the Cataphract shotgun build, but found it lacking. Seemed to get focused too often, too early, to let the LBs shine.

No experience with the others. Other than the Mauler...

Wondersparks, Agreed. I can't pull up my 4 Shotgun Mauler at the moment (loading the test patcher) but I run a smaller engine (with speed tweek I think I am going 54KPH,...standard 280, maybe?) but I get more ammo than what you describe. I think I have 2 tons per cannon. Unlike the IV-4, speed isn't a real concern here. :) IMHO this build is only surpassed by the 4 UAC-5 build for effectiveness (both are wonderful on Vitric Forge btw).

#5 DemonicDonut

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

I had a surprising amount of luck with the quad LBX10 Mauler. One of the few builds I've found that strangely works for me.

I run a STD 250, and as much ammo as I can fit. It's slow but fun.

Edited by DemonicDonut, 17 October 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#6 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

Trololololololololo...

Heeheeheeheeheeeeee...

(Disclaimer: Double-barreled shotgun mediums are a terrible idea. Nobody should use them. Ever. But they are hilarious.)

#7 Autologus

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:58 AM

Here is my boomstick.

DWF-Boomstick

#8 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:32 AM

Dont forget the old ILYA BOOMOMETS

#9 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:26 AM

Oh how I wish the LBX were so much better (as with flamer, MG). But if LBX could switch ammo, shouldnt and isnt there other Ballistic (Missile, Energy) weapons that could have that option? As far as I know, if I read the lore correctly and out from MWO gameplay, the ordinary Clan ACs shouldnt even be in the game?

#10 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

Clan ACs are stand-ins for C-LB-X with slug loads. The Clans had largely abandoned standard ACs by the time they kicked off their invasion of the Inner Sphere; LB-X was just plain better because of the increased range and ammo switching. It's meant to be a straight upgrade over standard ACs (which makes it silly that it's worse in MWO).

The Inner Sphere was only just recovering LB-X and UAC tech by then, hence the prevalence of standard ACs over other ballistics in lore. Evidently IS engineers also can't handle the concept of "build this, but smaller/larger" so we still only have the one rating of each.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users