Cbill/xp/loyalty Boosting Weapons (No P2Win) (Poll Updated)

79 replies to this topic

Poll: Elizander's idea (Please vote) (128 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like Pgi to offer this?

1. Yes (84 votes [65.62%])

Percentage of vote: 65.62%

2. No (44 votes [34.38%])

Percentage of vote: 34.38%

How much should "booster" weapons cost?

1. 150Mc (17 votes [27.42%])

Percentage of vote: 27.42%

2. 300Mc (7 votes [11.29%])

Percentage of vote: 11.29%

3. 500Mc (7 votes [11.29%])

4. 750Mc (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

5. 1000Mc (1 votes [1.61%])

Percentage of vote: 1.61%

6. Other (29 votes [46.77%])

Percentage of vote: 46.77%

Should "booster" weapons have different sounds/colors, etc?

1. Yes, for the same price (14 votes [22.58%])

Percentage of vote: 22.58%

2. Yes and I'd be willing to pay more (10 votes [16.13%])

Percentage of vote: 16.13%

3. No, just boost Cbills, Xp & loyalty (18 votes [29.03%])

Percentage of vote: 29.03%

4. No in general (20 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

Should all weapons cost the same? (Gauss vs med. laser, etc)

1. Yes (7 votes [11.29%])

2. No (35 votes [56.45%])

Percentage of vote: 56.45%

3. Abstain (20 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

Should there be a cap on how much of a boost you can get?

1. Yes (24 votes [45.28%])

Percentage of vote: 45.28%

2. No (10 votes [18.87%])

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

3. I don't care (19 votes [35.85%])

Percentage of vote: 35.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

Yes

#42 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

I'm thinking there could be 3 cost brackets, small, medium and large. Small weapons cost 150mc, Medium cost 300 Mc and Large cost 500 mc.

What do you think?

#43 Seal Farmer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 11 November 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

I'm thinking there could be 3 cost brackets, small, medium and large. Small weapons cost 150mc, Medium cost 300 Mc and Large cost 500 mc.

What do you think?

Depends on the Boost the items give, but doesn't sound unreasonable.

#44 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostSeal Farmer, on 14 November 2015 - 07:14 PM, said:

Depends on the Boost the items give, but doesn't sound unreasonable.

I was thinking about the difference of value between a gauss rifle & a single medium laser. On one side, a gauss rifle is clearly more valuable than a single medium laser. But on the other side you're paying for the cbill/XP/loyalty buff, not the weapon itself. Put that way, all these boosting weapons would have the same value, no matter what it is. (Unless its a Flamer).

#45 MaV3rick737

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:36 AM

So instead of "pay to win" it will turn into "pay to get anything done in a timely manner and not be behind the curve". No thanks.

#46 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

the worst idea.
The game is developed in accordance with the universe battlteha.
And no weapon invented here should not be. Especially as microtransactions.
if you want to buy things in order to look at them, go play in the dota

#47 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

View PostMaV3rick737, on 19 November 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

So instead of "pay to win" it will turn into "pay to get anything done in a timely manner and not be behind the curve". No thanks.

We already have premium time & hero/champion mechs. It's not like rewards would get nerfed, so what's to complain about? These weapons would just be an additional way to earn extra cbills, etc. "Pay for convenience" is the norm in F2P games. Again, no one said rewards would be nerfed in any way from where they are currently.

#48 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:19 PM

View PostScanz, on 19 November 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

the worst idea.
The game is developed in accordance with the universe battlteha.
And no weapon invented here should not be. Especially as microtransactions.
if you want to buy things in order to look at them, go play in the dota

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. There would still be regular, cbill purchased weapons.

The main purpose of these weapons would be to give a boost to cbills/XP/loyalty, not to look cool. Looking cool is an add-on. As I mentioned previously, we have premium time & hero mechs. Also, this idea can add to the lore as these weapons would have names indicated they're made by companies in BT lore. They wouldn't necessarily break lore.

Also, why offer paint & camo for MC if there shouldn't be anything available "just to look at"?

#49 MuzMuzMuz

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Initially, the concept seems great - but after a moments consideration it simply offers a huge incentive to boat MC weapons as much as possible in hard point inflated mechs for maximum reward.

I voted no.

I'd much prefer to pay MC to have my favorite chassis turned into a personalized Hero mech.

#50 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:46 PM

View PostMuzMuzMuz, on 24 November 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Initially, the concept seems great - but after a moments consideration it simply offers a huge incentive to boat MC weapons as much as possible in hard point inflated mechs for maximum reward.

I voted no.

I'd much prefer to pay MC to have my favorite chassis turned into a personalized Hero mech.

I get what you're saying, I'd really like to give my favorite mechs a 30% bonus but it has an issue as well. People are gonna pay for their favorites, which are often meta. It could hurt mech variety. Just because a mech has lots of hard points, doesn't mean its meta or even good..

I like booster weapons because they offer greater versatility. I can bring a mix of Cbill & loyalty/XP boosting weapons. IMO, you can do more with mixing & matching weapons than just making a mech a hero mech.

#51 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2015 - 12:07 PM

Here's a possible solution to Muzmuz's concern.

Weapons would give more or less bonus cbills/xp/loyalty depending on their slots & tonnage. This way a 6 ML Hunchback wouldn't have a bigger bonus than a gauss Jaeger, etc.

In short, boatable weapons could give smaller bonuses.

There could also be a hard cap on how much of a bonus you can get from these weapons.

Edited by TheArisen, 28 November 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#52 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:31 AM

Just use a hardcap on bonuses from any possible weapon combo, regardless of boating, or mixing and matching..

#53 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:47 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 01 December 2015 - 03:31 AM, said:

Just use a hardcap on bonuses from any possible weapon combo, regardless of boating, or mixing and matching..

This is what I meant to say, haha.

#54 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

Question for you all, what would be the maximum MC price you'd be willing to pay?

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 500mc. Unless these weapons were really special, diff. color, sound, etc.

#55 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:35 AM

I've been thinking about the cap on these weapons and how much they should cost along with how much boost that they give.

I think the hard cap should be percentage based. As long as these weapons can be moved from mech to mech, there's no problems. If they have special geo., sounds, etc, it could still be worth bringing as many as you like.

I think these weapons should be priced depending on their "boatability". Obviously the percentage of boost they give would also be influenced by this. IMO, the base cost shouldn't be the same but the cost to get the cap should be the same for all weapons.

#56 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 733 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

On the price topic, I'd say keep the existing C-Bill prices of each regular weapon, and add on top of that the 120 MC price.

#57 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 December 2015 - 12:54 AM

View PostCmdr Hurrell, on 14 December 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

On the price topic, I'd say keep the existing C-Bill prices of each regular weapon, and add on top of that the 120 MC price.

A similar idea, what if they're priced according to the Cbill/MC conversion rate?

#58 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:47 PM

I dig this idea a lot, and have heard some great feedback in this thread. I like the idea of having manufacturers in the game. Gives it some flair. I'd also love if different manufacturers did certain things better and worse than others, though I understand that coding that sort of thing would maybe be nightmarish and I'm sure there'd be plenty of folks upset about it too. And it'd be a bit of a pain if you had a Battlemaster with 3 [insert company] medium lasers and 3 [insert other company] medium lasers. But I'd absolutely love seeing one brand offer a 5% bonus to range and a 5% greater heat generation, or cool down, or something. Again, I know it'd be nightmarish and will never happen, but a Koba can dream.

#59 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

At first I was very much against the idea, but having read through the whole thread, it does allow an alternative to Premium Mechs. I think the bonus should be restricted to an additional 10%. Bigger weapons could have bigger bonuses, but at a larger cost. I think the cost should be percentage based too, so a 1% Bonus weapon would be, say, 150MC. A 5% Bonus Weapon would be 750MC. Additionally, there should be a C-bill component to the cost, because otherwise people can flat-out buy better gear. Which starts edging into P2W territory. Not entirely, but it could be a point of contention.

On the subject of altered weapon effects, not so sure on this. Although firing Purple Lasers, or Yellow PPCs, or Crazy Gundam Missiles (I miss those... Posted Image ) would be cool, I know many people use weapon identification for threat assessment. Seeing a rainbow of lasers flying at you, you can't ascertain what was what, and if it was dangerous.

But overall, I like the idea.

#60 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:58 PM

View PostJosef Koba, on 20 December 2015 - 01:47 PM, said:

I dig this idea a lot, and have heard some great feedback in this thread. I like the idea of having manufacturers in the game. Gives it some flair. I'd also love if different manufacturers did certain things better and worse than others, though I understand that coding that sort of thing would maybe be nightmarish and I'm sure there'd be plenty of folks upset about it too. And it'd be a bit of a pain if you had a Battlemaster with 3 [insert company] medium lasers and 3 [insert other company] medium lasers. But I'd absolutely love seeing one brand offer a 5% bonus to range and a 5% greater heat generation, or cool down, or something. Again, I know it'd be nightmarish and will never happen, but a Koba can dream.

Another issue with these weapons having different stats is creating a balance issue. It'd be cool but too much work.

View PostThunder Child, on 20 December 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

On the subject of altered weapon effects, not so sure on this. Although firing Purple Lasers, or Yellow PPCs, or Crazy Gundam Missiles (I miss those... Posted Image ) would be cool, I know many people use weapon identification for threat assessment. Seeing a rainbow of lasers flying at you, you can't ascertain what was what, and if it was dangerous

Indeed, I suppose any cosmetic difference would have to be on the mech itself. (Round laser barrels, etc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users