1. In order to avoid completely unrealistic or severely overpowered Mechs, all Mechs need to be "constructed" using the BattleTech Tabletop Construction rules. (I am currently using the actual book "Classic BattleTech Master Rules Revised Edition". I however do not have a link to find them on the internet, so if anybody has a link to said rules, please feel free to post it)
2. All Mechs created here can only use technology from right before Operation Bulldog (Meaning anything before 3059)
3. Inner Sphere cannot use Clan Technology and vice versa.
4. No variants of existing BattleMechs. You can take certain elements from other 'Mechs to use them in your design, however do not make look-a-likes. This rule is also extended to other 'Mechs and giant robots outside of the BattleTech Universe i.e. NO GUNDAM LOOKALIKES (or Robotech, Armored Core, etc.)
6. Original artwork is encouraged, however if you are artistically challenged, like myself, and/or have no access to a scanner/camera, again like myself, physical descriptions are just as acceptable.
7. We're only human. Therefore, if your math is slightly off and I do catch it, I'll politely let you know that you need to revise your design. We all make mistakes, right?
8. Last but not least, have fun. I mean if you can't have fun while doing this, why are you doing this in the first place? It's not like I'm standing over you in a Devastator with my Gauss rifles aimed at you, growling "DO IT OR ELSE!" Go outside, read a book, something, as long as you're not doing this and you can't have fun
LIGHT 'MECH: TBD
MEDIUM 'MECH: TBD
HEAVY 'MECH: TBD
ASSAULT 'MECH: PLD-1F Paladin (Jack Gallows) http://mwomercs.com/...dpost__p__56906
NOTABLE MENTION: TBD
Trial of Bloodright 'Mech Naming Sub-Contest
Alright, this is a contest within a contest specifically aimed at those who are fans of the Clans. Instead of competing to see who has the best 'Mech idea, however, those taking part in this sub-contest are competing to see who has the best possible 'Mech to be bestowed with the legendary name of "Kerensky". All of the above rules for the original contest apply, however there are special rules that apply to this contest only.
1. All 'Mechs will be designed using Clan Technology (Goes without saying; Aleksandr Kerensky was more legendary within the Clans than within the Inner Sphere.)
2. In the "Name" section, there will be no name. Instead put in parenthesis "Competing for the name Kerensky"
3. All 'Mechs within this sub-contest will be either Heavy or Assault 'Mechs.
4. The actual physical design (Be it a picture or a physical description) counts just as much, if not more, than the loadout specs (Because lets face it, it's easy to throw almost everything under the sun with all the bells and whistles on an Assault Clan 'Mech that just makes it devastating.) So if you can't draw, put some thought in the physical description area to make it easy to imagine what the 'Mech looks like.
Think you're up to the task? Well lets see you put your money where your mouth is.
THE KERENSKY: TBD (WINNER OF THE SUB-CONTEST)
NOTABLE MENTION: TBD
EDIT: YOU MAY ENTER AS MANY DESIGNS AS YOU WANT IN AS MANY CATEGORIES AS YOU WANT.
ALSO. DUE TO THE SIZE OF EVERYONE'S POSTS, PLEASE USE THE "SPOILER" FOR ALL THE SPECS AND LEAVE DESCRIPTIONS/PICS AND OVERVIEWS OUT OF THE SPOILER AREA FROM NOW ON.
Edited by Connor Macleod, 07 January 2012 - 12:25 PM.