What Mech Should I Pick ... ?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ironclyde

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Germany ...

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:00 AM

So, I recently played and enjoyed light mechs a lot.
I think its due to them fitting my playstyle quite well, wether it be BnZ or just picking of lonely targtes.

Now to my question:

Should I get myself a Locust 1-E or an Cicada 2-B ?

I normally prefer medium mechs, so I am kind afavoring the Cicada.
On the other hand, that Locuts is really cheap and does the same thing.
Overall, I want to get a fast, but not to squishy platform for some MLs or maybe SMLPLs.
I dont really need an AMS/ECM, but thats just my opinion as an novice, you may have some good points to convince me.

Id love to hear the pros and cons of those two mechs side-by-side, as I am a farely unexpirenced MechWarrior.

#2 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

Before you go all in, both mech need about 2-2.5 mil bills over its price to become viable, so DHS, Endo,FF...
and if you want real speed, that will require XL engine...so another 3-5.5 mil.
When choosing a mech try to consider if you want to master this certain chassis or it just fun project,
since you need 3 of same type to elite, master it...and those things do matter in performace of mech.
On performance base i would suggest Cincada, its more forgiving and can take much more damage then Locust,
its a medium that performs almost as light, with unMC ECM version and now even jumper one-allthought i dont really know when later becomes c-bills avaliable.

#3 Ironclyde

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Germany ...

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostBoldricKent, on 19 October 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

Before you go all in, both mech need about 2-2.5 mil bills over its price to become viable, so DHS, Endo,FF...
and if you want real speed, that will require XL engine...so another 3-5.5 mil.
When choosing a mech try to consider if you want to master this certain chassis or it just fun project,
since you need 3 of same type to elite, master it...and those things do matter in performace of mech.
On performance base i would suggest Cincada, its more forgiving and can take much more damage then Locust,
its a medium that performs almost as light, with unMC ECM version and now even jumper one-allthought i dont really know when later becomes c-bills avaliable.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I think Ill go with the Cicada CDA-3M for now due to its energy hardpoints and that sweet ecm.
Id consider all my mechs mostly fun due to the fact I have not more then 1 variant of an chassis, so its going to be difficult to master. As far as the Xl Engine is concerned, its already included.

#4 Cifrer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

Why not look at the clan mechs if you don't want to go through multiple variants? The way you can swap omnipods instead of having to buy different chassis is pretty nice, although most upgrades are locked, like endo or FF.

I'd say that if you're looking at the Cicada CDA-3M, perhaps take a look at the Shadow Cat. I've been running those lately and they really do seem like a clan version of the Cicada.

I've been working on getting my elites for it and it's real convenient that you can keep the omnipods when you sell the mech giving you "free" parts to swap around and customize with.

It's a tad slower than a Cicada generally is, but it's still pretty quick for a medium, and MASC works real nice with the jump jets and for making quick turns.

#5 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

Cicadas are fun but you will still have to get used to it coming from a light. Cicadas are MUCH easier targets to hit, so you cant rely on your raw speed to save you all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users