7 replies to this topic

#1 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

NO! Im not gonna go for Stormcrow, too common, too good :lol: Kinda like the underdogs or whatnot.
So I got Shadow Cat from the gladiator pack. Have played a little with that fur... metalball. Have great potential. So then I have this Nova D(L).

I kinda like the looks and behavior of the Nova but I heard scary rumor that its better of trading omnipods with the other variants. Havent noticed the fragility as many speak of either, though it looks like a wider and more CT focused Stormcrow. Have just played a little with the trial Fenris in the training grounds, seemed good, but Im unsure.

And then theres this question. Shoud I continue to get Novas (at least two) or go down the Fenris path?

Ideas, tips? (appreciate input from you too Clanners) :P

Edited by Tordin, 19 October 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#2 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

If you are completly crazy. You could try the Ice Ferret... Even a urbanmech would do better.

The Nova is a nice mech once you know how to use it.
Just a full medium laser vomit and your good to go.

P.S: Clanner here. I've just been taken has bondsman in a unit and they are mercenary. Fighting for all forces.

#3 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

I like crazy, but not blind crazy. I got my Urbies so unless someone get me convinced n the I.F, I'll stick to the trashcan overlords.
Though I have read some good threads around here, praising the I.F more than the Nova, that might sound crazy.

Edited by Tordin, 19 October 2015 - 10:58 AM.

#4 Grey Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

If you want a medium mech, pick the Nova.

If you want a light mech disguised as a medium mech, pick the Cicada (yes, I know it isn't Clan). Fact of the matter is that I'm concerned that the Ice Ferret doesn't have enough hardpoints to make a decent medium. Best I can figure is go with the Ice Ferret D and go to town with that little beastie, and just run that for all variants.

Full disclosure: I want the IFR to be good, but it just isn't right now. Go with the Nova.

#5 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Yeah I think the Nova is the way to go. Bah missed the Phase 2 Nova D, oh well. Ill try to find an energy, ballistic build for that chassi.
Oh, yeah got the Cicada, nice little mech. Yet to basic em though. So many mechs, so little time.

#6 Cifrer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

I've been enjoying my shadow cat more than my nova.

#7 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

I like the Ice Ferret better than the Nova. But I am a self-confessed speed junkie that prefers light 'Mechs -- and the Ice Ferret is basically a heavy light (like the Cicada).

#8 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:21 AM

Well one thing for sure. I will at least basic out my Nova D(L) and try to elite out my Shadow Cats and Cicadas, before I get more Novas. Also gotta get that SC P variant, all that dakka.. just gotta have it no matter what.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users