166 replies to this topic

#21 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

View Postluigi256, on 19 October 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

Doesn't that equal to 640 and also are they keeping 3/3/3/3? I didn't see that in the notes.

Your math is correct, and unless they said it somewhere else 3/3/3/3 is gone.

#22 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 19 October 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Highlighting the Report Player option will reveal a sub-window listing the available reporting categories:

Inappropriate Name

Chat Abuse

Harassing/Language
Spamming/Advertising
Nonconstructive

VoIP Abuse

Harassing/Language
Spamming/Advertising
Nonconstructive

Griefing

Team Damage
Team Killing
Assisting the Enemy

Nonparticipation

Suiciding
AFK
Disconnecting

Cheating

Cheating
Exploiting

There is no confirmation window or text entry field for providing additional details concerning your report. Simply select the report reason and the report will be automatically delivered to Support services. In some cases you may receive a follow-up e-mail from Support services if they require any additional information regarding your report.
After submitting a report a text notice will appear in the standard chat field that will confirm for you that the report has been sent. That notice is visible only to you.
Under the current implementation you are limited to sending 5 reports in total per day. When you have reached your report limit for the day any subsequent report attempts will prompt a message in the standard chat field informing you that you have reached your limit for the day. That notice is visible only to you.

1st thing - Thank you! This is an excellent decision. I know abuse isn't that common but when it happens it's can wreck the feel of the game

2nd thing - please can you have reporting someone for abuse automatically block and mute that person to you. If someone is upset enough to report then the sooner they stop receiving the abuse the quicker they stop being upset by the behaviour. Given that they may well drop with the person again before their report gets looked at it can really be helpful if they are not antagonized further, plus it removes the chance of "I reported you!!" spamming and antagonism that just jams things up.

#23 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 October 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Ok I thought I was going insane for a second. Well other than that we can also have Stormcrow overlords.

10 Stormcrows
1 Mad Dog
1 Cheetah

Equals 640 as well.

6 Timberwolves 6 Arctic Cheetahs. That one is 630. Hmm I wonder how this will all play out now.

#24 FerretboysRevenge

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKelso, WA

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

I was a little mad at the tonnage limits as well until I had some time to think about it in context to the Battletech and Mechwarrior setting where battlemechs are rare, and of the Mechs available most of them are Lights and Mediums, with Heavies and Assaults being the rarer hard hitters. Its an interesting way to try to implement that into the game.

#25 Nexano

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFrom There

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:08 PM

So arctic cheaters with with center torso like HP on legs will be everywhere now.. what a mess...

#26 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Bravo on the new colour palette, camouflage select and player interaction choices PGI. I don't think it happens too often, but now that people know they are a few clicks away from suffering some consequences for outlandish behaviour, things might lighten up on the new players. I have seen a few new players get dragged over the coals unnecessarily, so anything to eliminate that is welcome.

#27 Fulgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, not to thrilled with the tonnage for groups at this point, I too usually run with a friend who is working on his 100 tonners and I am working on my 85 tonners. Yes, we have other mechs but this is what we want to play...now we can't....

Boo.....

Thanks,
Fulgar

#28 Outcast1six

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEverywhere..........and Nowhere.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

The group tonnage limits have been tossed around for some time, not really a surprise. I can definitely see this getting trolled hard. I was pretty sure that it was in addition to 3/3/3/3, but I could be wrong.

Looking forward to the Resistance 2 and Blood Pact items. Finally get rid of the damn power ranger looking black knights and that my crabs look like they have on bad Christmas sweaters.

THE WOLFHOUND IS HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!! Why do all the resistance 2 mechs look like they need a weight gainer shake? they are so much taller and thinner looking than the concept art.

The camo spec changes are really cool, love that change there.

Does anyone else think the new reporting system is going to be abused? Do you use colorful language over VOIP? REPORTED! Did you drop an alpha when some underage kid steps in front of your Dire? REPORTED! Did you, singlehandedly annihilate the enemy team, playing the best game of your life? REPORTED! I can see the miles of butthurt whining that now will result in being reported. Again, I hope I am wrong, but there is no stated provision for due diligence or rebuttal.

View Postluigi256, on 19 October 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Ok I thought I was going insane for a second. Well other than that we can also have Stormcrow overlords.

10 Stormcrows
1 Mad Dog
1 Cheetah

Equals 640 as well.

6 Timberwolves 6 Arctic Cheetahs. That one is 630. Hmm I wonder how this will all play out now.

Oh the META troll will be EPIC!!!!!!!!!

#29 Torezu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 19 October 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

They didn't, but it was never a hard-limit anyway. I've seen many, many group and solo queue matches that don't hit that magic division.

#30 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostOutcast16, on 19 October 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

The group tonnage limits have been tossed around for some time, not really a surprise. I can definitely see this getting trolled hard. I was pretty sure that it was in addition to 3/3/3/3, but I could be wrong.

Looking forward to the Resistance 2 and Blood Pact items. Finally get rid of the damn power ranger looking black knights and that my crabs look like they have on bad Christmas sweaters.

THE WOLFHOUND IS HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!! Why do all the resistance 2 mechs look like they need a weight gainer shake? they are so much taller and thinner looking than the concept art.

The camo spec changes are really cool, love that change there.

Does anyone else think the new reporting system is going to be abused? Do you use colorful language over VOIP? REPORTED! Did you drop an alpha when some underage kid steps in front of your Dire? REPORTED! Did you, singlehandedly annihilate the enemy team, playing the best game of your life? REPORTED! I can see the miles of butthurt whining that now will result in being reported. Again, I hope I am wrong, but there is no stated provision for due diligence or rebuttal.

Oh the META troll will be EPIC!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Outcast16 regarding the potential abuse of the reporting feature. To have such a robust list of options for reporting another player on-the-fly seems a bit extreme. Are there really this many complaints about other players to warrant such a feature? This would be like having an app to report your neighbor to the cops when he is being a jerk. This is a war simulator, not a feel-good stroll through Unicorn Valley.

#31 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

'Mech Fixes and Changes

Gargoyle: GAR-C Right Arm OmniPod now allows for the Hand and Lower Arm Actuators.

NOICE.

#32 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

New Group Queue Tonnage Values

4 200-265

So .... cat lance will be back in group queue?

Edited by Groutknoll, 19 October 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#33 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

• All non-destructible vehicles have been replaced with destructible vehicles.

Does anyone else realize the gloriousness of this bullet point?!? That means destructible vehicles are coming into existence! We may very well soon find destructible cars in River City, Crimson Strait, and every other map that can/will have a car on it. I can't wait for that!

Overall I think the patch notes are pretty good. I think, regardless of complaints (you can't satisfy everyone, no matter what, and those unhappy will always be vocally active), the tonnage limits should be a good thing, especially with active and live tuning available. The numbers might not be perfect, just yet, but they can be adjusted over time.

I also, honestly, think the Wolfhound looks great. Some of the screenshots just don't do it justice compared to how it looks in the mech lab scale comparison video. I'd say it's one of the better translations from Concept all the way to final product. I look forward to piloting it.

Also the new Camo Screen looks slick. Now all we need is the cockpit item screen redone and we'll be pretty golden as far as front-end PUG UI is concerned.

Now, my continued "Patch Notes List of Hopes for Future Patches":

-Of course my primary hopes/prayers/dreams are that y'all get to the Flamer Reengineering. Thanks for the answer in the September Town Hall on that, by the way. Maybe this will be coming with the huge balancing overhaul? Please?

-Speaking of the big Rebalance Overhaul: I think most of the second playtest was awesome, and left as full and detailed feedback on that as I could. I look forward to the third playtest and this getting closer to being included for a patch to live.

-I hope to God you go back and redo some of the recent weapons visualizations (my poor, poor Commando . . .). There has been LOTS of feedback from the community on these, and it isn't pretty. Maybe start knocking them out in bits and pieces? Or maybe start concepting overhauls for all the early-gen mechs to use the kind and quality of weapon visualizations that new mechs have?

-Also looking forward to seeing some more CW iterations in future patches. I take it we're slated to hear a great deal more about this for the October Town Hall?

-Decal System was mostly done (according to Town Halls), but was put on hold for UI work on CW and Mechlab/mech-select. Maybe assets could be diverted to get this finished off, soon? I'm sure it would do a great deal to help monetization efforts by allowing more detailed customization features for mechs. Now that the UI elements are completed for the Camo Screen in the Mech Lab, how far off is this?

-Lastly, what ever happened to the original Resistance titles/badges? We were told we were getting them, and then it never happened. Please don't make Tina a liar. You'd think it'd be such a little and easy thing to get done. In fact the big petition thread that was started over it already had versions that were ready for implementation in game, that had fixes to make them unique and identifiable.

As a closing note, please don't take these desires as bickering or complaints. They're merely notes for hopes/dreams/wishes to be included in future patches. Y'all at PGI have been doing great work, especially recently, and I hope it continues. However, think of the items listed above as key notes for huge morale boosters (especially my Flamer request . . . I really want to be able to go out there and incinerate things properly). Thank you all at PGI, sincerely, for the work that y'all do. On the other hand, if things on the list just don't get touched, then expect my wallet to stay closed more and more.

#34 Racersky

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

oh well, at least we get some colors to play around with...may not be able to drop with whatever mechs you want to with your friends, but hey, at least you can color...any1 have some crayons? Or perhaps they are setting these drop decks for you KNOW...A campaign?? What? A group campaign...just saying, you know, Happy Christmas! :) I know I know wishful thinking huh? Oh well pass my the crayons! LOL

#35 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

group tonnage doesnt bother me.

Good is the ingame REPORTING TOOL. Perfect. now ALL ingame can report AFK/TK.

BTW, did you repair NOW:

1) EXPAND ALL button now SAVES, right ? (its over 1 month+ old issue)
2) can we permanently turn off the 3 orange boxes in home screen ? (14 days old)

#36 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:16 PM

Ye and PGI, putting ACHs for cbills before that 3rd killer deal with ACH-C, is more then mehhhh.... FOR YOU.
just saying.

#37 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

I for one thinks the group tonnage limit is a better idea than multiples of 3. It'll make life easier trying to organise a drop and may well lead to some interesting new tactics.

Seems like a good patch on the whole

#38 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

So... I have the means to report NGNG spam advertisements.

Wow, just wonderful.

#39 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:50 PM

Highlighting the Report Player option will reveal a sub-window listing the available reporting categories:

Nonparticipation

Suiciding
AFK
Disconnecting

New Group Queue Tonnage Values

rabblerabblerabble

I, for one, am going to use the SH** out of the new reporting feature for AFK & D/C users. I just fear 5/day will not be enough. I feel for people with crappy internet, but don't bring us down with you!

As far as tonnage, I happily await TheB33f's future videos showing how to troll this new system!

#40 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

Double-clicking a Color will apply that Color to whichever channel you have selected

So... Double click to apply, does this mean that when you have a colour channel selected, and you hover over a colour it is going to show a preview of the colour on the mech without clicking or anything?

If so - that's super SWEET!

If not, and you have to double click each time just to see it on the mech - that would super sad and selecting a colour should just be single-clicks.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 19 October 2015 - 03:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users