166 replies to this topic

#41 MADUSMC

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMurica

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostBoyka, on 19 October 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

I propose again this feature, last time it got lots of "like" and many people were interested.
Minimap upgrade in the "Drop Preparation" screen with bases, cap points and lances position like in the examples below:
Posted Image

I make an apposite discussion too here: http://mwomercs.com/...ap-improvement/

Comments, suggestions, "like" or simply "hello" are welcome in order to get more visibility to this improvement.

Waiting for a PGI reply too, that will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Regard the patch: good change here, finally a new camo spec screen with a palette colors, and I finally use House patterns in my Maulers too. Appreciated.

I like this idea however I think it should be expanded upon and access to the Battlegrid should be given. This would make sense because you would not drop into combat without any kind of preparations. This would allow for the commander to layout a basic plan.

#42 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

We are one step closer to truck football.

That is all.

Edited by Funkin Disher, 19 October 2015 - 04:05 PM.

#43 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

Patch looks nice overall, but I honestly have doubts about the tonnage limits for group queue. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I think the only way to really stop the pug stomping bs is to just remove group sizes of 5+ from the queue.

#44 Ixis

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Wow,way to kill off the assault class PGI,thanks a bunch,what an outstanding way to promote team play,that whole 'Invite friends to play,teamwork equals victory!' line needs an amendment 'But not if you want to run assaults!' in brackets underneath it. I paid real money for a lot of my mechs and now I'm being told I can't play them with friends unless they're heavy or smaller. Tell me how thats a good thing? My unit already lost a Founder tonight because of this and I don't think he's going to be the only one that finally calls it a day,Is the player base that big that you can risk alienating people who want to run the Assault class?

#45 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostOutcast16, on 19 October 2015 - 01:49 PM, said:

Does anyone else think the new reporting system is going to be abused? Do you use colorful language over VOIP? REPORTED! Did you drop an alpha when some underage kid steps in front of your Dire? REPORTED! Did you, singlehandedly annihilate the enemy team, playing the best game of your life? REPORTED! I can see the miles of butthurt whining that now will result in being reported. Again, I hope I am wrong, but there is no stated provision for due diligence or rebuttal.

View PostYogSothoth, on 19 October 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

I agree with Outcast16 regarding the potential abuse of the reporting feature. To have such a robust list of options for reporting another player on-the-fly seems a bit extreme. Are there really this many complaints about other players to warrant such a feature?

View PostTitannium, on 19 October 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Good is the ingame REPORTING TOOL. Perfect. now ALL ingame can report AFK/TK.

View PostHydrocarbon, on 19 October 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

I, for one, am going to use the SH** out of the new reporting feature for AFK & D/C users. I just fear 5/day will not be enough. I feel for people with crappy internet, but don't bring us down with you!

I don't understand why there are 4 posts about this out of 43. I have a sickening feeling the report feature will be abused. Not only abused, but there are some options there that are really just stupid. AFK and disconnecting? WTF? Nonconstructive chat and Assisting The Enemy? Here's how it's going to play out with a playerbase like ours.

- You fire at enemy, ******* teammate walks right in front of you and takes damage or is killed. REPORTED!
- Your doorbell rings and you miss 5 minutes of one game. OMG AFK REPORTED!
- Your game crashes and you show up as Disconnected on the scoreboad. REPORTED!
- Your team is demolished apart from 1 disconnected guy and you give co-ordinates to speed things up. ASSISTING THE ENEMY OMG REPORTED!!
- You provide some advice or tactical suggestions that other people take as "bitching and whining." NONCONSTRUCTIVE REPORTED!!
- You say a swear word on an internet game chat. Some 10 year old takes advantage, REPORTED FOR LANGUAGE!!
- You overheat and accidentally blow your reactor up. OMG SUICIDE REPORTED!!!!!

If there's going to be 1000 options readily available for people to report others for just about everything, you might as well add the option to report people for false reporting. And who is going to handle the incoming tidal wave of reports? It better be a human being instead of some code that goes "Oh you've been reported 3 times today, you can't play until tomorrow." Assuming that's the punishment. We don't even know what the punishment for these is!

I know not everyone is going to be so report-happy. But I also know there's a lot of players out there who will be.

#46 Anyone00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

Looking at those notes and reading these comments: tomorrow is going to be

Edited by Anyone00, 19 October 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#47 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

Lol at those Tonnage limits. No, seriously LOL.

6 x groups of 2 = 1050 Tonnage.
1 x group of 12 = 640 Ton

That's a 410 T difference and IMO a little to far for a "First step". Should have been no more than 50% difference.
EG either 6 x groups of 2 = 960 T with the group of 12 at 640, or
6 x 12 at 1050T and 1 x group of 12 = 700T

Apart from the select few, no one believes that this is a bad attempt at a change - but small steps often please. Not giant leaps once every 12 months.

AT WORST CASE you should publicly outline a timeline of say 2 months as an initial trial, with published results at 2.5 months and then a tweak at 3 months if required.

#48 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:40 PM

PROs & CONS
Report Player - Ok I understand the nature for reporting some incidences but I can see this is going to be like a torrent of petty and time wasting on behalf of those who enjoy just making everyone elses life miserable. There are cases when people do need to be reported, but I can see this going the other way.
Chat Abuse & VoIP Abuse
Harassing/Language - Someone is going to cry constantly if pitted against a person on opposite team who knows what they pilot and always target them. This is the nature of the game, know you enemy, I always take note of players and the in-game mechs to get an idea of what they might do. I also call out to them and point out that I remember what they pilot/weapons, and that they will be under my target shortly. If this is bullying, omg.....
Spamming/Advertising - understandable
Nonconstructive -
Griefing
Team Damage - sometimes this happens, and it can't be helped, teams bunched together and trying to shoot the same enemy well hell, that is sure a nightmare for any team but it happens. Especially knowing that you do not have a rear camera and not always watching the radar, walking in front of friendly fire. Really **** happens.
Team Killing - Intentional yes understandable, unless someone is being an absolutely git, hell i have done it a few times, having a team member leg me so he can help enemy team, I have turned around and ended his career. But that's apart of the game. Yes it's annoying and if it happens more than once then it is reported but generally most team kills are accidental, due to friendly fire cross path of LOS of enemy. either from a drop ARTY or LyRMS - once again **** happens.
Assisting the Enemy - This is understandable. And should be dealt with mech death.
Nonparticipation
Suiciding - Suiciding by intentionally running off map, Yes, I agree with this.
I have sometimes borderlines along the map, and suicide while fighting along the outskirts, so this should be debatable. As for suicide while overheating or losing both legs from a fall I think that is going far. Especially when you do not want to power down and you know that by overriding the heat threshold you allow some damage for an extra shot or to prevent being powered down for a smorgasbord should be debatable as a suicide.
AFK - well if it is consistant and intentional yes. but define it intentional when the persons internet is crap at the time. I have had many a time with ISP just being crap for days on end.
Disconnecting - Intentionally disconnect, when they hit the quit button prior to mech destroyed, big YES. But when they lose connection and AFK during game well that is debatable. I have the game crash on me many times, and when I returned my mech is already destroyed so this should be debatable too.
Cheating
Cheating - Only time seen cheating is when game is broadcasted on twitch, an someone has called out enemy pos (i have done this too) but if you are going to broadcast that is pretty much giving your team away so...blame the guy advertising your location. Anyway this is a delay of 5 seconds so it isn't realtime.
Exploiting - Ok, never seen this game exploited, does the involve goats?
Overall I can see this reporting going to be spammed for general grievances of when players simply not getting their own way, or constantly on a losing streak. I have had days of when I have played crap, or when outgunned by much better players, even raged quit from frustration, never given thought that to complain about other players.
Only reports I have made in past are Intentional Team Killers - but other than that, if i have seen someone i didn't like simply because they are a tool. I have just blocked them. And never seen them again. But now. I am going to see an episode of South Park Principal PC bro all over again.... really on a game?!

And to continue agreeing with Zfailboat - lose the tonnage limits its, if i am with a buddy and both of us want to stomp in to 100tns or go both light. This is impossible.

Seriously think some of the effort put towards these changes should go more towards CW / more maps / new weapons, etc

Edited by Frozen Spirit Jac, 19 October 2015 - 06:45 PM.

#49 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:25 PM

Posted Image

And this is going to be tomorrow.... So i have paid for all my mech packs just to have someone check my privilege and screw around with tonnage. Looking forward to my next mech. not looking forward to this change. (Tonnage/Reporting everything). . . going to need refreshments abound!!!!

#50 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

View PostBoyka, on 19 October 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

I propose again this feature, last time it got lots of "like" and many people were interested.
Minimap upgrade in the "Drop Preparation" screen with bases, cap points and lances position like in the examples below:
Posted Image

I make an apposite discussion too here: http://mwomercs.com/...ap-improvement/

Comments, suggestions, "like" or simply "hello" are welcome in order to get more visibility to this improvement.

Waiting for a PGI reply too, that will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Regard the patch: good change here, finally a new camo spec screen with a palette colors, and I finally use House patterns in my Maulers too. Appreciated.

This!!! and for heaven's sake... PGI please learn how to post the preview map on the loading screen map orientation with the North to the top!

#51 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:03 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 19 October 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

They must have a content surprise in store for December, because this many months with no real new content added is just abnormal for them. Map upgrades are not new content before anyone wants to claim they are...hope that's the case, 4v4 CW was talked about what...Feb of this year or something?

I hope so these ui changes are nice but they need to get community warfare done.

#52 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

This one's a gem:

Nonparticipation
Suiciding
AFK
Disconnecting

Guess what's "missing"? Hiding!

Hiding is allowed! Take that you naysayers! :P

#53 Baphomech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostMystere, on 19 October 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

This one's a gem:

Have to disconnect because cats are fighting or wife is calling for you? Lol too bad ***hole - reported!

#54 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostMystere, on 19 October 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

This one's a gem:

will probably be reported as helping the enemy

#55 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

It's going to be a Witch hunt - people login just to report people not to actually to play MWO. OMG if people are that sensitive why not have one server for kiddies who need chocolate rainbows, and another for those who like stomping the crap out of machines of metal, and then power down over the top of your enemy and teabag them.

#56 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:18 PM

Tonnage limit + ACH for Cbills = Cheetocalypse

10 Cheetos + 2 timbies...

good... i wanna see some "evil cheetos touched me here" threads.

And we have instant reporting at hand??!
the tears... oh the tears!

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Edited by Navid A1, 19 October 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#57 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:32 PM

Another patch without a single balance change.See link in signature. This is so easy to Implement. I would ask why but I know the answer is Paul.

Edited by Kaptain, 19 October 2015 - 09:33 PM.

#58 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:15 PM

Dear devs. This will be first raport.
I raported my self. Really I always says to my team that they play like ******. And I always says that if they afraid to fight it will be bether to all that they will play FK lego.
And in CW I always says to great IS players that if they can't do 1000 dmg in four mechs -Don't play FK CW. You can't play go play PUG.
Some times it worst :)

Edited by Michal R, 19 October 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#59 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:57 PM

The amount of bugfixes makes me happy.

Very good.

Edited by Sarlic, 19 October 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#60 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:01 PM

Very disappointing, especially tonnage value.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users