100 replies to this topic

#41 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:46 AM

Probably my first match with my dual Gauss KGC-000B.

It wasn't my highest damage; it wasn't even the most kills I ever got. It just really impressed me that I was able to do what I did with a completely unskilled 'Mech, and it made me fall in love with the KGC instantly.

It was somewhere like 960 damage and 5 kills on Terra Therma. I don't have a screenshot so those are estimates, but I was still standing at the end and as I recall the only missing component was a leg, with moderate armor loss in other places.

#42 Nyuuu

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:46 AM

Not going by the raw most damage but rather how I felt with my performance afterwards this one
Posted Image

View PostSpeedy Pinky, on 01 December 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

2x Artic Cheetah with over 900 Damage (Both) and Last Man Standing!
Was one of the best matches i ever had with my Clan!

And I just realized you were the ACH I was chasing at the end of the match, surviving long enough to cost me my would have been first ever pug match with two digit kills! I even have you in the end screen....
Spoiler

Well played Sir...

#43 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

First one, i got my first Ace of spaces.
-Atlas
-Well into the 800s with 8 kills
-Canyon network, skirmish.

Team dies horribly early on as i make one long, slow 53 kph flank around the enemy team from behind. I came in like a wrecking ball, dropping people left and right, they didn't even know i was behind them until i had killed an entire lance. It came down to a half dead Firebrand with ppcs and some out of ammo ballistics. I push him with my remaining medlasers until boom went the dynamite.

Second, this one sticks out because i was in a stock Anasi (yes, the spider).
-Spider (duh)
-Damage in the 500s with 4 kills
-Crimson strait, assault before turrets were removed. Just after clans were released.

It was a close fight. 6v6, then 7v7, 8v8, 9v9... then 9v10...9v11. I retreat back to base... and run into some lrm mech, i think it was a catapult. We fight for a moment and i kill him off as his friendly madcat rounds the corner. I hightail it behind some buildings as fast as i could. I peek and poke, but he's fresh. I lure him closer to the base and let the turrets do some work. His friendly Dwolf shows up and starts popping turrets, i charge the madcat knowing we lose if i have to fight them together from here out. Thanks to the turrets the madcat is hurting, so it didnt take much to blow out his ST's... leaving an 80% healthy laservomit Dwolf. I run up behind him, plink away at his back to get his attention, he turns to fight me as i rush back to the relative safety of the base. We trade shots for a solid minute, myself zooming between buildings, then i run out of srm ammo. I charge him, sure the game is over. I stick to his back as best i could. Out of Machinegun ammo now and down to just two medium lasers. We're both smoking heaps now, then i lose my first leg. I lay on my jumpjets and stare him down as we fire our last alphas... and down goes the beast as i land.

Third, best possible game to date.
-4x UAC/5, 3 medlaser kingcrab
-1300 damage with 10 kills
-desert, skirmish.

Team gets absolutely wrecked within the first 3 minutes. It's 9v1 at the 12 minute mark. I'm not even in position yet, so i fall back to some cover to see if i can take any out. A friendly locust and shadowhawk get my flanks as the first light enemy runs over the hill... and instantly explodes as all my shells connect. 9v2. Next one follows, shells connect, finished it off with my lasers. 9v3. An entire lance charges over the hill. I lay on the fire as i back up around the corner, trying to keep as few on screen as possible. We core an overconfident Dwolf who didn't bother twisting my cannons, then another light. 9v5. They realise they have a fight on their hands and regroup for another push. We retreat to a better position, in an attempt to block any lrm fire during the next wave. They push, we single out their final assault mech, an XL banshee with a breached ST. We vaporized it. 9v6. More of them round the corner... Boom, Boom, Boom, kill after kill before they can put any real damage on us. 9v9. I push back at them, it being a fair fight all the sudden. They have a lrmcrow, a laservomit vendicator and one other mech, don't even remember as it exploded on sight. Down goes our friendly locust in the final battle. Lrmcrow is raining down hate and then it stops suddenly, out of ammo. I blast the vendicator just before he cores the shadowhawk. We turn to our last victim and finish him off... shadowhawk got that kill. >.>

Those are just my favorites for one reason or another, wish i had screenshots or video as they were all pretty ******' awesome. If i didn't want to ramble on any more, I'd brag about my blackjack or Awesome games but eh, maybe another thread.

I love robots.

#44 Moira

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 03:37 AM

The title says it. What is your most incredible game?

1. What was your ending damage? something 850ish
2. Which mech was it in? TBR-S 4x LRM10 4x SPL

This happened yesterday 2.12.2015

Map is HPG and as usual I try to take high ground in the middle to tank abit and rain down some missiles. Since TBR can take decent beating I overstay my welcome (classic mistake from me) and get beaten pretty badly mostly on orange now and back pedaling and firing missiles as fast as I can towards my base. Thankfully other Clan heavies cover me and so I can safely get out of the laser vomit.

Fight continues several minutes, I have made 2 kills one with missiles and one with SPL's when too eager raven wanted to backstab me. I notice enemy fast movers cant be sure are they lights,mids or heavies about 600m to my side and I decide to relocate away from them. I try move near to the wall when King Crab steps infront of me while im pushing 81km/h past him/her. Fast range check tells that he is under 140meters from me so I cant use missiles properly, so I alpha my SPL's on KC and he does the same. Somehow I didnt loose my arms and twist and turn more and start to backpedal to get more range on the KC and continously chain fire my SPL's at his centre.

KC and myself are now face to face and im backpedaling to get away and slowly gaining more distance and KC is giving me the known treatment of pain, but at 170m I fumble and alpha the 4 LRM10's at him causing nothing, but visual blur and maybe some shakes. Im counting milli seconds to get my missiles recycled and missile alpha again. I hit the missile alpha button, but before anything flies from the tubes I notice that my center aim has gone little left and suddenly the KC just explodes and I hear my Clan Wolf "warhorns" howl.

Whole thing lasted maybe 15-20 seconds, but it felt like 3 minutes. And before you ppls ask why 4x SPL ? because I felt being silly and testing things. With MPLs I would have overheated myself most definedly on that fight =P

Edited by Moira, 03 December 2015 - 03:42 AM.

#45 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

Okay. Another one takes the cake.

Locust LCT-1V. Survived to 9 percent hp!

491 damage, had 3 kills. All three kills were done on literally the last leg of the locust, as it got legged by a dual AC20 hit to the left leg about mid-game.

By the end of the game, the locust has no arms. All armor is gone, one leg is gone. The head armor is stripped and the cockpit is yellow; the CT, LT and RT are all blood red, and the RL is bright orange. Along comes a crippled ACH over a hill; he must've not checked the paper doll, because he shoots for the remaining leg with his one remaining SPL. Unfortunately for him, the LCT-1V can spam a LPL every 1.5 seconds; he died a horrible melty death for a win.

#46 stuh42l

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:36 AM

Posted this in the LOCUST forum (yes that thread is a forum on its own). This was a couple days before everyone started walking through leftover gravy.

Even though it was a loss I feel pretty good getting 8 kills and 1200 damage from a 20 ton mech.

Posted Image

The Awesome was about one second from getting shredded by me as well, and I might have been able to do in the other Atlas as it was pretty beat up. The enemy Mad Dog though was still armored and I would have had to go to him time permitting and I was hovering at about 26% health with a red and orange legs and orange torsos.

Edited by stuh42l, 04 December 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#47 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:22 AM

View PostArcturusWolf, on 03 December 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

Locust LCT-1V. Survived to 9 percent hp!

LCT with 9% Health? Thats basically just the padding from the Pilot char isnt it?

EDIT. It should look something like this then

Posted Image

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 04 December 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#48 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:38 AM

SDR-5K,
my team had been decimated, I was the sole survivor, damaged but fully functional and 3 of the 4 remaining enemy had lost most of there armor, I was using a slightly modified version of the old champion Spider build, the map was tourmoline.

I did the crazy light thing, running around and through the enemy team and dancing around them, constantly targeting each Mech so I could focus on the week spots, and using Jumpjets to make quick turns, jump over the enemy Mechs and generally make myself as unpredictable as possible, I killed 3 of the 4, but lost a leg.
the match came down to my legged Spider vs a Wolverine, I lost, but did over 600 damage and 4 kills in the SDR-5K, a Mech which at the time (before the first quirkening) was considered a tier 5 Mech, but at the time my favorite Mech , achieved by me, hardly the most skilled Mechwarrior so I probably just got lucky.

#49 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:42 AM

I didn't take a screencap but it was in a Locust with 6xSPLs (it's probably my least played mech, ironically), i got 11 kills and the last one was stolen by an ACH (would've gotten A LEGIT DEATH STAR, but i didn't... God damn arctic cheetahs...).
Before you go and talk about me stealing all those 11 kills, i got over 1000 damage that match (one of the few +1k damage matches i've had). Killed mostly by back-coring everything (or just popping a side torso from the back for the XL engine guys)

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 04 December 2015 - 01:42 AM.

#50 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:52 AM

View PostXbwalker, on 21 October 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

The title says it. What is your most incredible game?

1. What was your ending damage?
2. Which mech was it in?
3. Why was it incredible?

I am curious how the different classes of players view a "GREAT" round.

I'll start.

1. 857
2. Raven 4X
3. Dude, 857 damage in my Raven 4X with 5 kills was absolutely AWESOME. Some commando pilot was whining that "Lights aren't supposed to carry a game." I think he had mech envy haha. It was a wild game. After that, I went to bed. I didn't want to ruin a perfect night match (because night players are usually totally inept).

If you are curious how I got that in a Raven, I was packing 2x LargePlse Lasers Posted Image. Awesome OP setup.

Oh god it was in CTF, I dunno about scores anymore, but I was superclose to dead, with somewhat at 4% hp, and made it to retreat to the base with the turrets. The tensions was huge because evertyhign was red, ym both legs and my CT and any scrath of an opponent could have killed me. During the battle all out mechs fell, but also the other side somehow ended with another mech being down to not able to fight anymore. The game ended in a draw due to how close we both scrapped each other to the inability to fight.

And another one was when our team had a summoner left and the others a catapult and the summoner ran out of ammo and they tried to kill each other with ramming for 4 minutes which didn't worked.

They were both Increadible remarkable games due to how they ended.

#51 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 03:21 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 04 December 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

LCT with 9% Health? Thats basically just the padding from the Pilot char isnt it?

Close! It would be that, but without the tires on one side, missing hubcaps on the other side. Probably remove half the rear as well, because y'know, who needs the rear axle anyway? Oh, and don't forget a crushed canopy, and a missing hood...Probably also remove every last bolt for good measure, holding together the vehicle using bits of ragged duct tape.

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 04 December 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#52 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

1125 damage with a Cataphract 2x. Dumb weapon configuration that shouldn't have done as much damage as it did. XL340, 2 SRM4s, 1LB10x, 1ERLL, 2MLs.

Ran out of ammo for all of the weapons and just kept on chugging along, shooting things as much as I could. This was back during 8v8.

Second match I broke over 1000 I was piloting a 4x AC5, 3x ML, 11t ammo, King Crab 000B, all with a standard 300 engine.

Edited by Vaskadar, 09 January 2016 - 02:35 AM.

#53 PaeuxP22

• PipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:35 AM

No idea of the stats but I've had a few games I won't forget in a while. First was when the red team wiped pretty much everything out except our light Lance on old caustic, they then most obligingly came at us in ones and twos and we went from 1-9 to win 12-10, or I've had a couple of matches in a zeus. One where I was late to the party and managed to get 7 kills by solo flanking the whole team, memorable as I shut down just as a fresh tbr noticed his buddy die but couldn't find me, turned away just as I powered up and I managed to take him from behind straight away. Or most recently was the game we won where I got 5 kills including the final kill shooting the leg off a 5v in mid flight with my ac10. I'm sure you t1 guys do that all the time but down here in t5 hitting moving things is quite rare lol

#54 spartync

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

Last night actually on River City

~800 damage
8 Kill Ace of Spades

I was in my new Arrow and just managed to be in the right place at the right time. People didn't think too much about that BJ-A behind them with the MGs...until they were cored from behind. JJ helped mess with their aim until I could get the right angles and then just kept the trigger pulled until Killing Blow.

I was shocked more than anything. Tier 5 seems like one of the few places I could have pulled that off. Lol.

People get really panicky in T5 play when they hear those MG bullets slam home.

#55 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:14 PM

I'll just drop these 2 off here..... :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56 8mmspikes

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 08:24 PM

1. 1302
2. EBJ-Prime (2 LPL 4 ML)
3. Earned me my Ace of Spades Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 8mmspikes, 29 December 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#57 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:15 AM

Most incredible game? My fellow denzens of the Locust forum may have seen this already, but this match would have to be mine.

Posted Image

Understand that I've had "better" matches. Matches where I've done more damage, and gotten more kills, but I've never had at match that was as heart-pounding, palm-sweating, holy-crap-i'm-going-to-need-a-drink-when-this-is-over incredible close as this...

View PostRip Snorgan, on 18 January 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

Holy CRAP! That match was so freaking GREAT! An absolute nail-biter!

Seriously. We were down to my KTO-18, Catra's Stalker, and Hlynka's Locust, when I bought it via one of the Mad Cats in about B4 or so I think, as I was trying to fall back to the base. Spent rest of the match glued to Catra and Hlynka's screens alternating.

Catra was missing I think at LEAST one side torso, and both arms, and had BRIGHT glowing red torsos remaining. No weapons left but a single SRM6. Shutdown hiding behind our base to try to preserve the win for us (the absolute right move based on the condition of the mech, 07 Catra).

Hlynka was circling in and out of the buildings around our base. I warned him off of the first Mad Cat since I noticed it was all Streaks (Locust Death Magnet Posted Image ), and he really skillfully circled around and got the other one, which was more LRM based, while it was trying to take out our turrets.

Catra couldn't see what was going on, and I think because it seemed hopeless, opted to try to do whatever possible to support Hlynka, and powered-up, JUST before Hlynka killed the other one, I imagine hoping to get a few SRM volleys or what-have-you in.

Hlynka took off running at that point since we were up 10-11, and headed for the downed dropship in the center, but it was too late, the other Mad Cat had noticed Catra, and all it took was one volley. I know everyone still watching HAS to gave been on the edge of their seats, at least I know I was.

I think the clock was down to what, 35 seconds or something at that point, and it looked probably hopeless. But then, BAM, our turret nailed him.

What a match. Glad there's a screenshot of that one.

07 Blue team, especially you and Catra!

#58 8mmspikes

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

1. 1314
2. HGN-IIC-A (4 LPL)
3. Working on leveling the Highlander IICs and had a real nice match, got to poke a lot at the beginning before getting into the thick of it

Posted Image

#59 Batman2213

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

This is the best match I ever had:

Posted Image

I think the scorecard explains why. ;)

#60 Rollup

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts