• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:09 PM

1. 1286 damage
2. Nova-PRIME, 11 ER smalls, TC1, CAP.
3. For starters, huge damage in my Nova. I've butted heads with some people repeatedly on the viability of the Nova, so any time I get a really good match in it, I'm likely to remember it fondly. But the real reason I count it as my best match is that match score. 869.

We were on Bog and spawned on the 7-side of the map - the side with the stairs. I swept right with the team and went up the top of the right hand platform but neither us nor our scouts around the back of it saw anyone. One of our assaults pinged a couple mechs milling around in the carapace/stair pocket near the lily pit on the other platform. I jetted over to the other platform, barely making the jump. Ran around to the back and popped a UAV. Spotted the entire enemy team deathballed up, broke ECM with the CAP. With my team pushing up and only a couple enemies able to engage them at a time due to that bad positioning in the pocket, the red team started falling back and I just rained ERsmall fire on their heads from the top all through their retreat, ending 7 of them and getting major contributions on 3 more.

Without the UAV and CAP, we probably still could have won but not as handily and that scouting move probably won the game right there.

Final earnings on the match were around 645,000 C-bills and 11,000 XP.

Posted Image

Edited by Dakkaface, 13 January 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#62 IcySpy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 46 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:23 PM

1. 1559
2. AS7-D
3. Took place after stat reset some time ago, i think 2014 or maybe a bit earlier even. I made a post in my unit's forums, and from what i read it went more or less like this: old forest colony, somehow snuck up on an lrm boat on land maybe everyone was in water), took out the light that tried to help out, went to water and systematically cored everything from the rear, until i ran out of teammates as distractions and (i remember this clearly) i got into a 1v2 against a Commando and another Atlas D-DC. Was running my old 3lpl ac/20 build, took out his ac/20 first, took a lot of damage and lost the ac/20 too. Got into a crazy duel with the somewhat undamaged COM and got him when he ran into a rock by mistake. The match ended only because the last dude was a disco, it's probably the closest i'll ever get to a death star :/ still my best performance ever :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 13 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

1304 damage in an Atlas. I was stripped down to medium lasers in center torso, and killed the last mech.

#64 ShadowFighter88

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationToowoomba, Queensland, Australia

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:38 PM

I wouldn't call it "incredible" (certainly not compared to the other stuff posted here) but it was surprising at the performance improvement after switching my Marauder's loadout around from this to this.

My average with the former loadout was about 300-350 damage and one or two kills. My first match with the new loadout; over 660 damage. Can't remember how many kills, but I'd recorded the match to use in a video (mainly for background stuff; main reason for the video was to advertise a beginner's guide I'd done up in response to some confusion I'd seen on the Steam boards - I know it's off-topic, but I'd appreciate any feedback on that if you feel like it), you can find it below. Just ignore the voiceover bit; it only lasts for the first couple of minutes, wasn't trying to be the Mighty Jingles of MWO after all.

Haven't used the loadout much yet, but I don't think my performance there was a fluke - my second game with it; I made a hell of a lot of mistakes (out-of-position, exposed to the enemy, etc), pretty poor performance if I'm honest, and still did about 340-odd damage.

#65 Thor Sten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

1. What was your ending damage? 892
2. Which mech was it in? Locust: Pirates Bane Lochfrass
3. Why was it incredible? Pickup Game. Caustic Valley. Battle was quite exiting, I'm glad I just dropped the enemy before me. Didn't think I could survive that confrontation, but yet, I could keep going. I'm badly damaged, my CT is quite open and my MGs are out of ammo. Try to reach my buddies and realize I'm the last one standing. Thankfully, there's also just one enemy left. I get a glimpse of him in the northwest, near the raffinery. An relatively undamaged Dire Wolf. F#ck! I'm able to hit him quite often with my SPLs and pull back, before I get damaged to much, but even that takes it's toll. Somehow I made it to the raffinery, hiding under the pipes. Can't belive I even made it that far, my CT is deeply red. I can see the DW lurk, 15 meters away, but could only scratch his (quite undamaged) left leg, and that might give the oppoturnity to kill me. Can't get a good angle on him; don't dare to attack. Suddenly I notice: "I can hear Dead People" Posted Image Someone of the dead team whispers to me: "You've still got an artillery strike, dude" Posted Image

Placing the smoke signal under his foot and running east. When I hear the impact of the grenades, I turn around, going around the building to confront him. DW is looking in my direction, ****, but shaken as he is, he either doesn't see me or misses me and I can finish him off. Teamwork from beyound the grave Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Thor Sten, 18 January 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#66 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

View PostXbwalker, on 21 October 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

The title says it. What is your most incredible game?

1. What was your ending damage?
2. Which mech was it in?
3. Why was it incredible?

I am curious how the different classes of players view a "GREAT" round.

1. Can't remember. Somewhere between 700 and 850 I think.
2. Atlas AS7-S
3. It was near the end of the match and I was the only one left. I think it was 1 v 6. I managed to bring it down to 1 v 2 before they killed me. I killed 4 heavies (one of them might've been an assault) of varying health while two lights were constantly hammering me. After I killed the fourth heavy the lights got me. What I do know is that by the end I had 5-6 kills.

#67 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 22 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

1.) 970
2.) ACH-A
3.) Wasn't the META build. Rather, 1x ERLL and 4x ERSL. 4K, 5A, 970 D, with that relatively low-DPS ERLL. Of the 4K, only one was SOLO, but there were 4 KMDD in there. That harasser did some WORK. Crimson Strait. Enemy had the side close to the platform, and they occupied underneath. Friendlies went under to brawl (and one of the other two that survived the engagement cleared 1100 DMG). Ended up at one point out in the water going toe-to-toe with a dual-AC/20 KGC.

To be fair, this was before the ACH structure nerf (or de-buff, whichever perspective you like).

On the other hand, this was also a CREEPING DEATH achievement (90% or more health at match end, with at least 3 kills), so one could argue that structure quirks weren't a big factor.

I wouldn't maybe call it all that incredible if it were in a 6x ERSL or even 5x SPL ACH, because the DPS potential in those things is HUGE up close. But this one spent almost half the match at >600m poking with a single cERLL, then closed and put the four cERSLs to work. Might have been the first time I really put the heat override to use successfully (been loathe to use that over the previous 3 years, but have befriended it lately). First REALLY successful drop like that, where I felt that I made a significant contribution to the match, in a mixed-range ECM light like that. It was as much about ME as it was about the MECH, and about feeling that I had really taken a couple of steps, if only small ones, toward improving myself as a pilot.

#68 Karazyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

About a year or two ago i managed to pull a 1000 damage game in my spider, granted the broken hitbox probably helped too.

Another none cheese example was on tormaline desert, i was in my centurion AL faceing off against a hunch back, we were both critically damaged but the hunchback had 2 rounds left in his ac 20.
It was a tense situation that lasted 2 mins but it seemed like hours, it was a game of pokeing each other with lasers before going in for the last strike, in the end it came down to one push we both charged each other and he fired his AC 20 it but struck my right torso so i responded with firing my duel ppcs but didn't manage to get him. this guy was smart he knew the limitations of my mech so instead of backing off and using the crystals for cover he continued to close on me, trying to get off his last shot. at this point i knew it was do or die, so i baited him around the hill and then jumped off it to give myself the 100m range i needed for the killing blow, he took the bait and followed me but in him following me i gave him a chance to fire his AC20, he took the shot and missed me by a hairs breath, i saw the shell fly past my cockpit. finally it ended with me fireing my PPCs into his chest ending the match.

That was one of the matches i will never forget in my life, the encouragement from my team and the reaction when i won. it was something special, i almost felt a connection to the guy i was fighting. after it was all done we both congratulated each other on a fantastic game.

#69 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

1. Can't recall, it's too long ago. Pre-Clan, even.
2. Commando, I think a 2D.
3. Assault match, standing on the enemy cap. A damaged Catapult came along, tore my leg off. I shot him in the cockpit, and he droppes like a sack. Moments later, a Cataphract comes along. Boom, SRMs to the cockpit. Second kill. Third mech to come along killed me. Ended up with some fun banter in the chat after that, the Cataphract pilot was understandably somewhat upset.

Weak little Commando killing several times his own weight in mech after being legged. Lovely.

#70 Luminis

• The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:00 AM

1,601 damage in my Warhammer-6R. Twin AC10s, 4 MLas.

What made the game incredible was being down 4-0 when starting out. Thought we were gonna get rolled for sure. We eventually caught up and proceeded to pull ahead 11-10. Me and the ACH were the lone survivors - Red Team had a Stalker with LRMs left. I was pretty much shot up at that point - open LT, open right leg, out of AC10 ammo as well. The ACH was also pretty much done.

We initially opted to just run the timer down, but the Stalker eventually sniffed us out. Came down to a pretty clutch brawl at close range, but I eventually drilled through his CT with my remaining four Mlas - at that point, he had me legged already and was seconds away from taking my other leg. Had my heart pumpin' for sure.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Luminis, 15 March 2016 - 02:01 AM.

#71 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:47 AM

1. What was your ending damage?

2. Which mech was it in?

Jaggermech 6-S

3. Why was it incredible?

I only load ammunition for 1050 damage, and i didn't used any strike.

Posted Image

Edited by Caballo, 15 March 2016 - 03:59 AM.

#72 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

Pre clan invasion had a 1760 dmg match in a 4 med pulse Raven 2X on old river city. I've hit 1300+ a number of times but 17xx is rare, and in a non meta (at the time) light? Fuhgettaboutit

https://youtu.be/R1PnncXI27Y

#73 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:09 PM

Not considered one of the best Ice Ferret setups out there, but with it, I dealt 886 damage. This is from quite some time ago.

1x ER-PPC, 2x ersl's, 1x small pulse

The last stretch of the battle was myself versus a Victor, one on one. The rest of the team was on the other side of the map.

Posted Image

Edited by Vaskadar, 28 March 2016 - 02:10 PM.

#74 krevLL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 100 posts
  • LocationPolar Highlands - wait, no, Canada.

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:37 PM

Don't have a screenshot, and by God compared to the numbers posted here it feels inadequate, but here goes.

1017 Damage, 4 kills

MDD-Prime
2) LRM20
4)LRM10
3)SPLasers

Crimson Straight - Skirmish

It stayed a fairly close match, the other team gained the upper hand though, and the battle was split into two parts. I was with a Splatdog and two lights and we were on the low ground from a damn laservomit Ebon Jaguar with 2 assault cronies keeping any of us from doing anything, so the lights and I took turns targeting as I chained my 80 missiles at whatever I could get a solid lock on, until a pair of ACH's finished off the rest of our team and came at us from behind. The Splatdog chased one and killed it but then got caught out of cover by the D wolf and Warhawk and died. Quickly, which left me with two lights. By this point peeking out of cover to get targets left me missing an arm and my side torso had no armor, yellow. The lights harassed the assaults while I hunted the ACH before it could get around us and join the rest of the enemy, and killed it, using the last of my LRM ammo. So I circled the hill behind while the lights kept harassing and managed to get close enough to core the D wolf from behind with my pulses, then I lost my side torso before I got back behind cover. My saving grace was that the Jaguar couldn't decide who to go for, and killed the two lights with the Warhawk instead of chasing me. I managed to keep the Warhawk around the bend of the hill while I traded laser fire, and finally killed the Jag. Tried to flank the Warhawk but he was too fresh for my measly range and firepower, and managed to kill me in the end. Just haven't had a match that extreme before.

Best kill was one hitting a 97% Awesome from behind with a 6xsrm6 Splatdog.

#75 DonGardenio

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:07 AM

Just another day with my Jenner IIC, up to the usual no good.

I dropped with a certain ACH, whose name I don't remember. We kinda just rolled together being two lights in the same lance. This was one Grim Plexus.

But like there was a special bond formed. We were two mechs as one. We went after like a good 6 to 8 heavies/assaults.

When one was getting shot at, the other would hit the rear of our target. We didn't even speak to each other. We just knew what to do

Didn't break 1000 damage or anything. I think I only clocked in 500 or so. 4/5 kills. I've done 800-900 damage with 6 kills before so stat wise, it wasn't the best.

But there was something special in that game with the ACH. Don't remember his name, doubt we'll ever meet again but the match is something I won't forget.

#76 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:54 AM

Not terribly recent, but this one sticks in my memory more than most. Two conflicting interests combined with a nail biter of a game that had me nearly shaking with adrenaline.

When: December 10, 2015
Where: Endor, conquest.
What Mech: Grasshopper 5-J®. Per my usual practice of trying a bunch of different builds in a new mech, was still playing with this one to get a feel for it. Had 2AMS, 4LL and a std300 with a few JJ. Didn't matter, the stars or whatever were aligned.

In the end. 6 kills, 848 damage. and 750 glorious resource points. Wanted to try for ace of spades when I realized I had 5 kills, but then saw that I was alone, severely damaged and we were close on points, went for the win instead. Ended up getting another kill, and capping us out, while trying to stay alive with last two enemy mechs gunning for me, but they were just to slow to kill me. 5J may be the worst Hopper, but in that match it was amazing for me.

#77 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:28 AM

The glory days of the Locust - look at that top speed and sm. pulse range!

I will always laugh when I think of this match. Who in the heck still has an arty strike at the very end of the match?!

#78 Tamagoci

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:43 AM

For me it’s a 3 way draw between 7kill game in a LCT-1E, in which I was a sole survivor at a score 3-11 for reds and fought a good fight only to end up losing 10-11, another LCT-1E game, in which I again ended up the only blue vs 2 red assaults - a cored Dire and a totally fresh Highlander; before engaging I thought about asking them for surrender as a joke as I was pretty banged up myself, I than did short work on a Dire but fought a long engagement with Highlander only to score a kill in the very last second for a 12-11 win, and a BLR match, where I scored 7 kills/6 solo kills, and we lost eventually because of a DC on our side. All matches of course above 900 dmg done.

#79 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

One of the mass disconnect/server errors DURING this event weekend led to this...

Posted Image

#80 Dibujor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 02:50 PM

When: a moment ago 20th April 2016
Where: HPG Manifold - Assault
Mech - Hunchback 4SP. Must say this is the first mech I play brawler and hadn't finished basics on the mech prior to the match. 2xSRM6, 4xML, STD245

Why?

I'm a noob, just a month old to the game so this is mostly an incredible game for me, not too impressive for anyone else. I've been playin mostly long range builds on ravens and warhammers. Now basic'ing the hunchbacks. The 4SP has been a hurdle for me with this brawler build. I'm stubborn though and want to master it and experience all the game has to offer.

We were on HPG manifold, assault, losing 9 to 6, then 10 to 6, a shadowcat and me, both damaged. Cat was on the top of the wall, I'm on the ground and the enemy closing on my position. They begin to appear, I begin to shoot and cover closing and focusing on them one at a time (I was focusing on one at a time, they were shooting on me as they pleased). Still don't know how but I managed to kill a Griffin, then an Atlas, then.... I don't know, next thing I now I've killed 5 of them and go to base as the computer said it was being captured. Turns out it was a bug, no enemy there. I wait inside our base to stop the counting and the cat goes to capture theirs. And then the King Crab appears. To be fair I destroyed his last arm with a couple shots leaving her unarmed, though all I had left were a couple of ML. We won. I still don't know how I managed to kill 6 of them on a not basiced brawler mech.

I'm still a terrible brawler though, but this was one of those matches that 'click'. my hands were shaking at the end, being a noob I hate being the last one with everybody looking what you're doing. But this time the comments made me feel amazing with every kill, 'wow', 'awesome', 'terminator' Posted Image

Anyway, an awesome achievement for me. It was really fun

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users