100 replies to this topic

#81 Shu Horus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 01:11 AM

1. 682

2. ACH-Prime (it was a test setup for long range support (1x ER PPC + TAG) )

3. This Match just went from bad to worse... to AWESOME.
Skirmish on Forest Colony.
Lost my last buddy a Jenner to an Atlas, we both cycled on the beach.
Match Time: 6:50
Score: 7:11
Enemy: said Atlas, Hellbringer, Raven, Mad Dog, Arctic Cheeta

Pulled it to a 12:11

Funniest moment in Match (which alone would have made it worth remembering): Killing the Mad Dog with a hit to the crotch when the enemy ACH dodged my shot.

I never ever touched the fitting of this Arctic Cheeta again. It's still in my Hangar, dubbed "The PREDATOR", thanks to it's obvious resemblence (targeting Laser + Plasmashot on the shoulders) and the playstyle which won me this match.

Cheers,
Nuit

Edited by Shu Horus, 26 April 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#82 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

I don't have a screenshot of it, but it was back in 2013, right after 12 v 12 was released. 8 kills, 1326 damage in a Dragon Fang with AC/2 & AC/5 + 3 ML, XL 315, lots and lots of ammo and good speed. The enemy was spread out trying to get the rest of our guys and I came at them one after the other, circle strafing and laying into each enemy individually. Eventually it boiled down to me, a raven, and some enemy light who insisted on hiding. We ended up capturing the base.

#83 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

Yesterday I decided to run the Big Buckshot Mauler, as I've finally settled on a build that I like for it. 4 LB-10X AC's were its armament. Frozen City Night.

We go into lower city on Frozen City. It's conquest. A catapult K-2 makes its way over to lower city and is met with a face of buckshot. I reposition, and get a second volley on it, XL engine explodes. It crumples. I push up to another tall building. I see an Arctic Cheetah toying with a Jagermech. I tell him to bait the Jagermech towards me, as it's got an open left torso. He rounds the corner, looking for the Cheetah. Boom. The jagermech goes down into a heaping pile of scrap thanks to its XL engine.

From there it gets into a hellish brawl in the middle of B3, I come up to an Atlas, and I start pounding his CT while the other mechs to my sides were shooting at the Atlas. I blast all of his weapons off, and proceed to end his mech. I then turn to my left to brutalize a shadowhawk. Open CT at this point for me.

He goes down, and then I play clay pigeon with a Shadowcat. Unfortunately, right before I was able to finish him, I'd run out of ammo. I stood there, knowing I had dished out a load of pain, waiting for my mech to be destroyed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Vaskadar, 30 April 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#84 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

1. 1492
2. Raven 3l
3. So this is the first game in my raven after I did a retooling on the loadout. Before this game I was running a 3mpl full sensor suite scout raven. I saw a post on the forums about the raven using 3ml 2ssrm2's so I figured why not I have the parts might as well try it.
It was on grim in assualt. My team was on the east side, I circled north to their base and saw their assualt lance. It was a dire a kcg a spooky and a warhawk. I flipped my ecm over to disrupt and waited for my teams Lrm's to start dropping in. Once those started to come I started working the Atlas over so I could get back to hiding myself with ecm. Dropped spooky after eating almost everything on him, I got both his arms torsos and a leg. The kcg had dropped to the Lrm's and none of them had turned around or noticed fire was coming from the rear. I started smoking the warhawk's CT and he turned around just in time to take a lrm batch in the rear CT I just opened. Down he goes. So I started to hug the dire pretty close and started the slow circle of fire. He must have been new cause he never started to turn or twist in the other direction to get me. After I cored him down from the left side taking his arm and torso before getting the CT an opponent 3L noticed me and we started to dance. I flipped my ecm back over to get lock on and he freaks out and starts to run away from me. So I just chased him down firing the rest of my ssrm's and finally cored him out. After that is was a semi-casual mop up. I had part of the team rooting for me as I was working on the other 3L. A couple of the guys started typing that I was a vulture of death cause I managed to engage almost everything from the rear and managed to stay just far enough out of the arc of fire not to take much return damage. I don't think I'll ever have a game that fun in the raven again but I have found my final build for it. Way more proactive than the CC, BAP, ecm raven I was running.

#85 TGWabba

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:52 PM

1. No idea
2. CN9-A
3. WAY back in beta. Fighting in old caustic valley before I had earned DHS on my first mech. I got into an awesome fight with a Catapault while our teams ignored us. We ripped into each other every once in a while overheating and shutting down. We both end up at critical CT and I land another shot and he goes down. I rejoice, but then see he overheated himself to death so i didnt get the kill. As I pout in frustration my mech overheats destroying my CT right as the match ends.

#86 MrZimny

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:09 AM

View PostBatman2213, on 06 January 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

This is the best match I ever had:

Posted Image

Mine's bigger! Posted Image

Posted Image

1. 1508 damage
2. BJ-1 "Wolf Slayer". The name comes from the first day I played MWO. Using a trial BJ-1 (back when the (C) variant had a similar build, see below), I dropped from the top deck on Crimson Strait and cored a gold plated Timber Wolf with an AC/20 round. Then I bought a BJ of my own.
3. Previously I'd only been able to get a maximum of 1100-1200 with that build on a great game. What makes this match great, aside from the 1508 damage, is that a large portion of it was done with just 3 MLs. I ran out of AC/20 ammo about a third of the way through the match.

Here's the build:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Happy stomping, 'MechWarriors!

Edited by MrZimny, 02 July 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#87 Vermin

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:25 AM

The other evening there was a change to the way the map worked, later that evening it had been patched again to make life easier for everybody.

On this night i scored a 900+ pt game in pirates bane while everyone who usually uses the map to orientate their feet stumbled around pitifully. It was kinda cute.

I should say for me the best games are usually the ones where i won by a small margin, or lost by about the same.

Oh and i had a 700+ point game in my Mad-Dog-A. the thing that was most interesting about it is that ALL of that damage had been done to a single Atlas. The Atlas was still walking when i died.

Edited by Vermin, 02 July 2016 - 04:29 AM.

#88 Vermin

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:37 AM

I should say that for me, what stands out for me as a good game is one where there is good synergy with the group. lots of calling targets. laughter, sometimes a good play by an opponent like in the case of Mr. Atlas I talked about before. Maybe I stalked someone in a light while they piloted a heavy.

However, there is only one thing that ruins a game for me. Bad communication. I don't care if i win or lose, that's not my style. But when someone purposely breaks the morale of the team during a match...

I swear that the effect of one player bad mouthing his own team is far more destructive than the enemy weapons.

Edited by Vermin, 02 July 2016 - 04:38 AM.

#89 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

Posted Image

#90 darqsyde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 348 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFar Beyond The Black Horizon

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:08 AM

Late 2012, maybe very early 2013.

Old Forest Colony, Assault or Skirmish, 3 minutes or so remaining, 7-7(pre 12v12).

I'm in my quad MPL CN9-AL, he is in a HBK-4SP. We are both out of missiles, are shot to hell to start.

We start circling, straight up duel, riding the dragon. He takes my gun Arm, I take one side Torso. We keep circling, shooting, riding the heat curve, clock is ticking down as we peck away at each other. Shoot, heat alarm screaming(pre Override), twist, circle, and on...and on...We are both cherry red all over...the clock ticking...2 minutes...1 minute...the constant heat alarm screaming, wub-wub...pew-pew. 30 seconds...15 seconds...oh god...all this for a tie...

There it is...his CT...wide open...Wub-wub-wub-wub...Boom!...Victory...5 seconds remaining on the clock.

Not my best match, damage wise, or team wise, or kill wise, or by any other metric. But it was the single most intense fight I've ever had. Just a straight dual with the match riding on it, and the clock ticking down.

Even recalling it gets my heart racing. That has been my most incredible match.

#91 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:40 AM

Had a good match long time ago in a treb-7m (2lpl, 2xssrm2, I think it was.)

over 1k dmg
10 or 11 kills (cant member, guess this wont count)
old style forest colony

It's hard to remember, Ive had a few. But towards the end of the match I was just striving fr the kill shot trying to get deathstar achievement in a legit environment. LOL Still hasn't happened.

P.S. Anyone remember the glory days of the cent with massive engines!? Had some good fights in those baddies too.

Edited by Omaha, 23 July 2016 - 10:47 AM.

#92 Ghostrider0067

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 397 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ, USA

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:42 PM

Just the other day, I had a fairly epic round in my Cataphract 1X:

617 match score, 932 damage, 4 kills, 8 assists, and 396k C-Bills won.

Not too shabby for a largely outmoded mech that's well outside the current meta.

#93 Zombie Gandhi

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

Not my greatest match of all time, but one recently I was rather pleased about (other than my apparent lack of SRM accuracy).

My greatest match ever, that I can recollect, is from closed Alpha, where my Gausspult took out 11 of the 12 mechs.

Edited by Zombie Gandhi, 28 July 2016 - 12:57 PM.

#94 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

It wasn't my highest damage round ever, but it was the one that stuck with me the most.

I was using my Phoenix Hawk 1B for the leaderboards, and the match went south pretty fast, leaving me alone against a wounder Shadolw Cat, a Timber Wolf, and a fresh Jagermech and Stalker. Deciding I wanted to at least kill someone with me, I go for the injured Shadow Cat, He goes down pretty fast, but at this point the Timberwolf had spotted me, and the Stalker was raining LRMs. I run like a *****, and the Timber follows me, and I take it out. At this point I'm like "...I could actually win this." We're on Mining Collective, so there are a few good sniping locations, so I hop up and start poking the other two mechs, focusing on the Stalker first. I lose my arm, leaving me with one torso ER Large to contend with the two mechs. Stalker is hurt at this point, and I take it down. By now there's about a minute and thirty on the clock. I start poking the Jagermech, more tentatively as by now, most of my armor is gone. But near the last 30 seconds, he stops firing--he had run out of ammo! I creep along the edges and shoot him again, and indeed there was no return fire, and he was even spreading damage onto his back. I move on, firing constantly on his side torso. He drops with four seconds left.

12-11 victory. I still have no idea how I did that. I wish I could do it more often, though. Makes me even more frustrated that the Phoenix Hawk doesn't have at least slightly better quirks--the potential for greatness is there.

Edited by Aerei, 28 July 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#95 Marduk2

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:39 AM

In a Trial Dire Wolf, I won my Ace of Spades title.

1. Do't remember what damage I got, but I got 8 kills, several of them solo.
2. DWF-(Prime?)(C)
3. The sheer number of kills I racked up. I was one-alpha-ing basically everyone who crossed my path, and riding an adrenaline high. It was awesome.

#96 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:41 AM

My best game was in the most unlikely mech of all, the humble Mist Lynx. Damage count was somewhere in the area of 700, I can't quite recall as this was some time ago. What makes this stand out is that I managed to get that much damage off in a Mist Lynx with a single ERPPC and ECM.

#97 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:08 AM

Not my highest damage match but it stands out for me cause of the win. It was a while ago though, long before the retool of forest colony in a Jenner Oxide. I had been doing shoot and scoot stuff so was in fairly good shape when it ended up being me vs 4 enemy mechs. Tried to get them to seperatea a little to take em on 1vs1, no luck. So i charge into them thinking i would just go down in a blaze of glory and do as much damage as i could at that point. Long story short i ended up killing all the remaining enemy with 1 volley of srm ammo left.

#98 hordes1ayer2

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:25 AM

The map was mining collective. I was in my jager DD with 2 ac2 and 1 gauss with a xl260 engine. I was CT cored within the first 4 minutes. I ended up being the las one alive with 6 kills and 545 damage. I have also pulled 908 with 6 mgs and 2 lpl with same mech but slandered 300 engine

#99 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

Map: Caustic Valley
Mode: Domination, group queue

The match winds down to me in my triple PPC Awesome 8Q and two Locusts, which is very bad since they can control the engagement distance and I only have 1 medium laser to deal damage under 90m. Well, they start getting overly aggressive and one of them shuts down. The moment he's outside 90m, he eats several salvos of 3 PPC's and dies horribly. Now, it's just 1 Locust vs. myself.

We exchange shots and he legs me but eats a few PPC's in turn. He then runs off, leaving me in the center near the dish. I limp over to the edge of the domination circle and hide in a bunch of rocks facing inwards as the clock winds down to 3 seconds left until we win. The Locust, despite having every advantage in theory, is now in deep trouble since he is confined to the domination area. If he leaves to get a better angle of attack on me, we win since I'm still in the circle. Eventually, he almost finds me and the match ends - with our team winning - before we fought again.

Special thanks to my team-mates on Teamspeak who came up with a good chunk of that plan regarding where to hide and how to exploit the situation with the Locust being pinned in the center of the map.

Edited by oldradagast, 24 August 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#100 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:12 PM

1)940 damge with four kills
2)Locust PB with four medium lasers
3)Hmm I would say my best game was in bog map playing a locust PB and with one leg gone hoping around trying not to get killed and being the last mech alive one mech after another came towards me..

One jumped from high up and I sent four medium lasers into his torso and killed him mid jump.Two other mechs came from one side and with torso twists as they were really beat up I killed them both in quick order with a spray of medium lasers and killed them both.. Then killed a atlas with a burst into his wounded leg being the only one left killed him...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users