• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 89 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSanta Maria CA

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

The title says it. What is your most incredible game?

1. What was your ending damage?
2. Which mech was it in?
3. Why was it incredible?

I am curious how the different classes of players view a "GREAT" round.

I'll start.

1. 857
2. Raven 4X
3. Dude, 857 damage in my Raven 4X with 5 kills was absolutely AWESOME. Some commando pilot was whining that "Lights aren't supposed to carry a game." I think he had mech envy haha. It was a wild game. After that, I went to bed. I didn't want to ruin a perfect night match (because night players are usually totally inept).

If you are curious how I got that in a Raven, I was packing 2x LargePlse Lasers :). Awesome OP setup.

#2 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Can't stop posting it when these topics come up because it's one I will never forget.

Dino's rules of MWO - the enemy ALWAYS has one more arty strike.

#3 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:40 AM

Raven 3L ECM in the days of the OP-Days.
1. dont remember...it was ~1000
2. Raven 3L ECM (OP-Days)
3. Killed 7 of 8 in the 8vs8 days and was the last of my PUG against a Catapult, Cataphract, Atlas in River City.
Fought them in the water between the ramp to the Dropship Landing and the Bridge to protect my legs and moved in vafriations of 8s all around them and between them and soloed first the Atlas, than the Catapult and last the Phract - by that time i was in very bad shape and 10 sceonds more could have decided it against me - was using LL, 2xML + 2xSSRM afair and was already out of SSRM ammo right at the beginning of the fight.

And my most memorable kill is Gankenstein (the screenshots were unfortunately all black that days until PGI fixed that - so no footage):
http://mwomercs.com/...ed-gankenstein/

Who is Gankenstein:

Gankenstein II - Halloween Special:

Edited by Thorqemada, 21 October 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#4 Airu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:33 AM

1st one
1. exactly 1200
2. SDR-5D
3. Welp, the above show why, I did not play a sniper, too bad I don't have as screenshot anymore on my PC, it was posted in Carry Harder thread which was locked by admins.
2nd one was quite a while ago
1. 800+
2. SDR-5V
3. I got 8 kills, last one alive on my team and a legged, cored enemy catapult (last one on the other team) in front of me and I got legged too, but because I had 9jjs I kept jumping up high after every alpha and managed to kill him in the end.

#5 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

1. 838 (and 5 kills/5 assists, but it's not about that)
2. WVR-6K (post-nerf)
3. Truly incredible conquest match on Canyon Networks. Our team was doing good in killing the enemy but of course forgot to cap. So, in the end, there was only one enemy left but their counter was already way north of 700. We all struggled in order to reach cap points and I had just finished capping epsilon with my team spread through the corners of the map, when the last enemy got to Theta. I raced there as fast as i could and was the first to arrive at the scene. I kept Theta open/yellow while being chased around by the enemy light (an ACH). Did I mention I was cherry red all over and had lost all my weapons even prior to capping Epsilon before? Alright. He got off a couple of shots and I was near death, but so was he apparently - and he only had one leg left. But that didn't help me, because I had to keep Theta open (enemy counter was at 744). So, he overheated and I ran into him just as my buddies got in sight and opened fire. But my running into him did the final point(s) of damage, so I literally kicked him to death.

Sadly, I did not capture this on video, but had only two screenshots of it - but nevertheless, a most memorable game for me. Melee DOES exist. :-)

#6 Xbwalker

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 89 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSanta Maria CA

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 21 October 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

1. 838 (and 5 kills/5 assists, but it's not about that)
2. WVR-6K (post-nerf)
3. Truly incredible conquest match on Canyon Networks. Our team was doing good in killing the enemy but of course forgot to cap. So, in the end, there was only one enemy left but their counter was already way north of 700. We all struggled in order to reach cap points and I had just finished capping epsilon with my team spread through the corners of the map, when the last enemy got to Theta. I raced there as fast as i could and was the first to arrive at the scene. I kept Theta open/yellow while being chased around by the enemy light (an ACH). Did I mention I was cherry red all over and had lost all my weapons even prior to capping Epsilon before? Alright. He got off a couple of shots and I was near death, but so was he apparently - and he only had one leg left. But that didn't help me, because I had to keep Theta open (enemy counter was at 744). So, he overheated and I ran into him just as my buddies got in sight and opened fire. But my running into him did the final point(s) of damage, so I literally kicked him to death.

Sadly, I did not capture this on video, but had only two screenshots of it - but nevertheless, a most memorable game for me. Melee DOES exist. :-)

Ha! It's always an ACH. Always the evil enemy mech.

#7 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

Lol I've seen that sort of thing before, when a mech clearly has 1 HP left and a collision brings them down. Saw someone get "tk'ed" recently by getting rammed by a fleeing teammate. Very amusing :D

One of my most memorable matches was on Conquest, we were way up on kills (the old find the ECM lights on a big map game) and I was pleading with my teammates to help me cap some objectives, as the enemy score was like 650-400 at the time and we were never gonna find that last scout mech in time. The message finally got through, and we capped the fifth objective when the enemy score was on like 748. We ended up winning :D

I love the matches that go right down to the wire, whether it's winning right before the enemy reaches max resources, or just a solo mech methodically picking a group apart to get the 1v1 finale. We've all had some epic shots or kill streaks in a match, but it's most memorable when there's all the extra drama.

#8 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

I got a bunch of memorable matches. But i don't remember damage except in a few cases. I remember the stuff i did in matches rather than my damage/kill numbers.

1) 450 damage and i don't remember if i got any kills. I also did 270 damage once with a similar reason for why it was incredible.
I've done more damage plenty of times but 3) makes it pretty incredible.
2) Unclear whether i used a KFX or Firestarter during these matches. It was with a mixed bunch of weapons as usual anyways.
This is not that important.

3) 450 damage match was in Caustic Valley before it changed. I was running around like a lunatic as usual.
Harrassing the enemy far away from my own team with no support.
Thing is that i was only shot once by a single PPC to my back by a Cicada. Otherwise it was a perfect match. 450 damage in return for 10 damage?
That is plenty incredible in my book.

Also did 270 damage once on Alpine by staying on the I11/H11 mountain behind the enemy that had occupied I9 hill (Candy Mountain).
This time i didn't get damaged. Not so much as a laser scratch or a spawnarea bump. 100% health.
I did 270 damage and made the enemy shoot at me rather than my team.
This was in a Firestarter i think since i remember having a single ML amongst my backup weapons.

It's often not about how much damage you do but how much you manage to avoid. Imagine a single light lance where every light mech does 450 damage for every 10 damage they receive......
That's a recipie for victory if i ever heard one.

Edited by Spleenslitta, 21 October 2015 - 12:14 PM.

#9 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

1) 887 damage.
2) Locust LCT-1E
3) 6 kills. 4 of them were solo kills. 17 component destruction. Enemy team had 3 ACHs, and I killed all three of them in separate 1v1 duels, therefore removing all of the enemy team's ECM. One of the kills was a direwolf that TKed another direwolf by trying to fire a UAC/20 x 2 alpha at my lolcust - and missing, nailing his teammate in rear CT.

The best part was the last kill of the match. My locust was legged, missing both arms, and the last enemy kitfox managed to kill himself on me (and giving me the kill) by running into me with an open red CT. Ramming speed gone wrong.

The matchmaker was going derp on this match, though. There were 4 DWFs on my team, and the enemy team had 3 DWF and 2 WHK, as well as 4 lights. Maybe there wasn't enough people to fill everything at the time.

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 21 October 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#10 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:13 PM

The Maulers have turned in several matches north of 1000 dmg but this one stuck in mind because my Matchscore was 777.

Posted Image

I make Tourmaline my *****, all of my highest scores are on this map. When I see it's load screen I grin and giggle like a school girl.

Edit:The guy in the Spider carried hard but Cogsley and I were unstoppable. Some hive mind ****

Edited by Tractor Joe, 21 October 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#11 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

I'd have to say this: My HGN-HM still has the same load out to this day, 2xAC5, 2xSRM6 and 3xML + some JJ. Back then when it was 8v8, doing that was insane! It got down to me chain firing my 3ML since I'd run out of all ammo and if I'd have overheated I'd have died. It was a great match.

And I need to shoot the forums, or steam, since I can't directly add the pic in this post, so Here, and Here!

Edited by Alekzander Smirnoff, 21 October 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#12 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Not necessarily the best but ones that sit in the front of my mind..

1st place
1. Around 1280 damage
2. CND-YLW AC/20 1ML
3. Was dual wanging with a mate on tourmaline and we pretty much were getting kills for a kill, then it came to the last two mechs and myself.. ..one was a Highlander, the other was a Raven. I managed to shoot the Raven in the cockpit with my AC/20, then with my last shot took out the Highlanders side torso.. ..which happened to have all its weapons. What followed was a slow one medium laser grind to finish the job.. ..needless to say we won, but with only a minute or so on the clock.

Second place
1. ~763 damage
2. ZEU-9S - 3LPL 2AC5
3. I got 8 kills - nuff said :P This was a funny match because I was also late to the party. Kinda just ended up walking round mopping up, taking off torsos with pinpoint fire. It was especially memorable because the enemy team put up an amazing fight with one mech disco. I was the last kill by the final mech, an ACH which took out my bright orange torso. It ended quite closely with a badly damaged battlemaster and a redcored kit fox, luring it in. They back into a corner like a threatened tiger and drew the sneaky Cheetah out into the open, out ranging it, it had no choice but to take the bait or risk losing the match on time out. :D

Posted Image

Third place,

1. 1237
2. BJ-1X Lotsa ML
3. We lost a lance very early on due to a sneaky light rush, with a couple of mechs we pushed that back and evened up the score, but at the cost of some heavy damage. Falling back to the main force we secured the high ground, peeking in and out to take out component damage, it came down to me and one other mech vs a Direwolf and Timby. The timby revealed its rear, which got swiftly cored as a I ran for new cover. While the whale focused on the FS, I kept peeking in and out above it to take out the torso's and the game was won with Pisang finishing him off with his aerial acrobatics. Funnily enough, earlier in the match I had a player telling me off for 'non-participation' at one point. I laughed. :ph34r:

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 22 October 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#13 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

1,037 damage
Thunderbolt TDR-9SE(C)
3xLPL+level 5 cool down and range modules
Frozen City, in the middle of a whiteout

I don't know how I managed that. I also got three kills, two of which were solos, plus five assists and five most-damage-dealt kills. If you've ever just had one match where it was off the chain from jump, this is it.

#14 Nine-Ball

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:35 PM

1. Me and another guy combined to do 2500 damage, me with 1400 and him with 1100.

2. Me in my BLR-3M and him in another Assault mech. I used my standard XL350 loadout /w Gauss rifle, two LPL and 4 MLs.

3. The fact me and him were in the thick of things the entire match and survived to deal such an absurd amount of damage and lay waste to the entire enemy team was something to behold. Everything went so right that I've pretty much used up all my "luck" and good breaks for the rest of my MWO career.

#15 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

It's a shame I have no video from this next situation but I'll try to describe it as best as I can.

My best match!

Small map - old Forest Colony:
12v12
My mech, RVN-3L with 2 ERLL

The teams are trading fire at long distances without any meaningful intel about the enemy, and I decide to just scout the tunnel and if no enemy is found, I can pop behind the enemy and start providing intel for my team.

As I reach the tunnel, I notice the enemy had pushed my team hard and the scores are now 11-5!!!!

Once in the middle of the tunnel I get ambushed by a Cicada pilot. We are now fighting in the tunnel while the rest of the enemy team is outside looking for me. As the cicada tried to shoot my mech, I use my speed to spread the damage as best as I could while recharging my lasers to shoot it in the legs. After a few minutes of battle in close quarters, I managed to destroy both legs of that cicada.

When I think I'm finally done and can go on my way, a Griffin shows up in the tunnel and gives chase. I run away and go hide in C3.

While there, I notice at the center of the map (old Theta) a VTR smoking from his left shoulder. I shoot him on that spot and "pop goes the weasel"! (This one felt so good, I felt like a real sniper!)

Then I start to move towards the water and notice 4 enemy mechs around the area where the VTR was destroyed, looking around for me, all standing in one place.
I gave the order for an Arty Strike. The shells drop on them and I kill one and destroy components on the other 3.

The scores were now 11-7 and I was feeling hopeful. My hands were shaking from the adrenaline as I tried to hide and shoot from different locations in the map.

The rest of the details are a bit fuzzy now, but I managed to destroy, one by one, 4 of the 5 enemies left.
A few minutes to the end (4 minutes or so) and all that's left is a Stalker with ML and LRMs and myself with an orange CT without armor and a yellow ST without armor.

I couldn't engage the Stalker at distances lower than 400 meters or I could risk the MLs having range modules and doing damage on my already too damaged Raven.

So I lured the Stalker to the open waters from the boat and then I noticed that darn thing was at 90% health. My only thought: "Oh boy...."

I decided to focus my fire on his CT while he was advancing towards me. So the next minute I was moving back and sideways while shooting him in the CT and watching him getting impatient shooting LRMs to an ECM mech (trying dumb-fire) and even using MLs to try and get some damage on me.
I managed to weave between the LRMs and keep shooting him, once I saw his CT cherry red I typed on the general chat: "gg"

Then I just shot him once more and typed "again, gg" :)
Once the match was over I was shaking and had to take a small break to cool down. This was my single best situation on the battlefield, there were other nice ones, but none is as good as this one.

Posted Image

Edit - Always having trouble with a "Posted Picture" image, hope this is working now.

Edited by FlipOver, 23 October 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#16 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:50 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 22 October 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

One away from ace of spade! :(

#17 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:27 AM

When you are sitting in a stupidly slow, hasty thrown together X2 Raven, trying to unlock basic skills and it's 5 vs 1 for the other team.
I had a lot of really good games, with more kills and more damage but this one particular sticks to my mind because it was by far the most tense game i ever had.

Got a kill while my team was still active.
Won a 3 vs 1. (kitfox, cataphract and something else)
Got into a 1 vs 1 with a fresh shadowhawk in a trench. Hands shaking so bad it affected my aim.
Hoping for the last mech to be afk. Nope, fresh hunchy 4p. I have highground and he is in a trench.
3 minutes bait and switch behind a rock i used for cover. somehow pulled it off.

3 Medium and 1 Large Pulse.
Posted Image

#18 Lord Auriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:47 AM

Recently I had 1168 DMG in my Spider Anansi. 2mpl, 2MGs, SRM4, XL255. I have to admit that game was the most fun I've had in any computer game ever.

#19 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:57 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 22 October 2015 - 12:50 AM, said:

One away from ace of spade! :(

Yup, but in all fairness, I really never thought about it until now. I managed to do something even I didn't believe I could do. That was the very best reward for me :D

#20 MxR

Rookie

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:05 AM

Mech: Mauler MX-90 - 4x AC5, 2x Med Laser, 2x MG
DMG: 1418
MS: 831
Kills: 2
Assists: 7
Map: Viridian Bog
D/A: Alive

5 Enemies <100dmg
2nd Day of release
Bam,Bam,Bam,Bam,Bam,Bam,Bam,PewPew,Bam,Bam,Bam

12-7 Victory

OR

Mech: HBR-A
DMG: 1143
MS: 733
Kills: 3
Assists: 9
Map: HPG Manifold
D/A: Alive

All enemies either engaged / killed

12 - 7 Victory

Edited by MxR, 22 October 2015 - 02:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users