Fun Mech Builds

25 replies to this topic

#21 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

DWF-W "Dire Chef"

For when lasers aren't cooking Locusts to perfection.

Extra TComp Mk. V for precision grilling, preferably medium well done. Gauss rifles for when your ingredient is so raw that it still tries to run away, and you need to pin it to the grill for a bit longer.

Yes, I'm aware that you can actually fit in more flamers into this, but the game won't actually let you have more than 16 weapons on the HUD at any given time... Posted Image Otherwise, it'd be 15 flamer 4 MGs.

Edit: Lol, just noticed the epic 16 dps on it! That can't be right xD

Edited by ArcturusWolf, 15 November 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#22 KingRock

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

Ebon jag.

No armour

6 erppc

I call it the ebonstar. Its a poor mans direstar. Take it in elited for the extra speed. Long, wide flank. Get behind the enemy team, find the highest value target and destroy it's rear CT. Advanced zoom recommended. Quick override will get you a second alpha, then death from overheat. While it sounds stupid, it sounds a lot less stupid when you zap a pair of 100% dire wolves and cut red team firepower in half. Also, the rage from players falling over dead in an instant is worth it. Just don't do what I did and mix up chain fire and alpha buttons while aimed at the back of a friendly player

Serious builds though, go warhawk boomstick. Twin lb20x ac, play like cheetahs are zombies. YOU GOTTA SHOOT EM IN THE HEAD!
Ebon jag 4xlrm20. Block out the sun with your lrms. I've pulled 3 1k+ damage matches with this abomination, heat is stupid but watching the huge cloud of lrms is worth it all day.

I have fun in raven 3lc with 3 mpls 2 ssrm2 ecm as well, good light chaser and support mech.

#23 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

I've been having a ball with this flying SRM shotgun. GRF-1N

Max jump jets on this mech will get you some serious air. My favorite maneuver is jumping directly over assault mechs to either get on their rear armor or make them turn around and face their back to my team.

Escaping from under the platform to the top on crimson strait through the murder holes never gets old either.

#24 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostViolet Vitriol Price, on 08 November 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

CPLT-K2
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5ee59d2c57ca700 This one isnt so weird so much as just fun, people initially shoot at the missile pods as well, meaning you preserve your main damage that bit longer. 4x ML, 2x UAC5.

I love the K2, but it has no missile pods. Just energy nubs. I frequently run a similar build, but with 2x AC10 and an XL engine. It's squishy, but fun, especially since people tend to shoot at Thunderbolts before they do Catapults.

#25 Lord Sparkle Bottom

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

https://youtu.be/NIFG3wFoZrg mauler 6ac-2 with fire control. About 2 minutes into the video.

#26 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

This is my "Solaris 7" style Orion, Eruption, the kind that PGI wants to outlaw with energy draw. http://imgur.com/a/3H2lP

Edited by Sunstruck, 26 August 2016 - 12:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users