51 replies to this topic

#1 Dan54

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 October 2015 - 06:24 AM

I don't know what you are doing to our mechs but it seems like you are screwing with our damage out put and mech functions one our psr gets to a certain point . I am in game and my damage is substantially less then it use to be and I have not changed anything on my mech and now once we get to a certain level in the game our mech functions such as torso twist or arm lock malfunction. This is not happening to me alone as I have had conversations with other pilots and they see it too.

#2 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

It is not the game mechanics screwing with you. It is the fact that you are now in a PSR where you're getting better players both on your team and the opposition.

While I cannot prove it, it seems highly unlikely that the game works differently because you are in a different PSR tier.

#3 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:30 AM

Sorry to interfere here but don't put the definitions called "reality" and "Mechwarrior Online" together because there's no similarity between those two. It's a science ficition novel based game. So no reality here ok!

#4 grendeldog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

Well actually there aren't enough played on the PTS for the matchmaker to make proper balanced matches - well or poorly as normal matches are balanced. So you have essentially no player ranking at all. Thus it follows that you'll have a lot of inconsistent matches where there's no logic to which side gets NGNG material and which gets tier 5, so you end up with a team that you can't carry even with strong assaults or an enemy team that stomps you in spite of good play because they have a bunch of tier 1 people.

That's why your damage is down.

#5 SushiSalad

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:25 AM

It seems like PGI keep buffing up the lights, this will make the assaults useless. When will they stop doing the buffing and instead try to balance the game properly. The more you buff on the lights, you basically make the game become so obviously one sided that the lights, and medium mechs overwhelm the assaults so easily. Within seconds, even one to one the assaults will just die so quickly that its really unbelievable. Esp so for the DW due to its big nose which everyone will try to shoot it. With all the nerfs on the DW, its basically so difficult to keep yourself alive.

Honestly, the game is getting really to a point that I am wondering it is if worth to continue buying/paying and playing.

#6 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 18 November 2015 - 07:25 PM

I'm also questioning playing the Assaults as they always seem to be in the nerfers cross-hairs. It's hard enough to get a good light pilot off of you and most of the time the friendly's could care less about assaults. What PGI is doing to the the Assaults will only make Assaults less viable due to the fact of less teamwork in the pug matches, which still make up the bulk of the player base.

#7 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:22 AM

No need to discuss the dire wolf any more
after the last - 20% agility it is merely a not moving target
thanks for nerfing a mech chassis to death

whilst the Mech was the slowest and most unagile mech on the battlefield bevore
( It means alot when an Atlas can run away from you)
niw even 20%Nerfed down - more slow in movement twist etc, you can trash that chassis

Edited by Russhuster, 13 December 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#8 SIN Deacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 351 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

The moment they remove collision in closed beta the power shift towards lights and mediums was clear and has continued as so. They werent able to pinball them selves around while maintaining full speed, and while also being able to stay on your backside 90% of the time. Having trouble hitting a light? Get your mediums to ram em and the heavies finish them off. Lights are suppose to have a very limited role in direct combat (thats not the same as scouting for a lance/star) and more so just to fend others off from the bigger mechs.

They continue to bandaid problems when almost all of these issues we deal with today stem from the design and choices made in the beta and just shortly after (ghost heat, limited jumpjets, ect)

#9 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

The INSTANT they make lights ineffectual in direct battle is the instant people stop playing lights. Go look at any MMORPG. Look how popular the healer/support class is when they can't kill s***. They are more rare than unicorn piss. In tabletop you had one player controlling several mechs.
Meanwhile this is a FPS game. SHOOTER. Get it? Not FPTT (first person tabletop). Very few people want to sit around for 10-30 mins not shooting.

#10 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 13 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

this has nothing to do with lights, but with untested and unconsidered effects of a overall Nerf of Clan agility by -20%
as effect of the skilltree

do you see direwolves played recently?

Edited by Russhuster, 13 December 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#11 Brian Davion

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

View PostHydrocarbon, on 13 December 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

The INSTANT they make lights ineffectual in direct battle is the instant people stop playing lights. Go look at any MMORPG. Look how popular the healer/support class is when they can't kill s***. They are more rare than unicorn piss. In tabletop you had one player controlling several mechs.
Meanwhile this is a FPS game. SHOOTER. Get it? Not FPTT (first person tabletop). Very few people want to sit around for 10-30 mins not shooting.

now now, I'm sure the Ostscout will be the most popular mech in the game! :)

#12 Old Fart

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

Bull

#13 BlackJesus1001

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

heh NGNG materiel isn't all that great.

#14 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostDan54, on 25 October 2015 - 06:24 AM, said:

I don't know what you are doing to our mechs but it seems like you are screwing with our damage out put and mech functions one our psr gets to a certain point . I am in game and my damage is substantially less then it use to be and I have not changed anything on my mech and now once we get to a certain level in the game our mech functions such as torso twist or arm lock malfunction. This is not happening to me alone as I have had conversations with other pilots and they see it too.

I doubt anything you think is happening here actually is.

Higher the tier, the higher average experience level, build competency, tendency towards actual teamwork and skill will likely be.

You're probably cresting into a tier where you're facing tougher on average competition and your reaction time, or other skills are showing to be less easy-mode than when you were facing lower-tiered opponents.

While PSR is more experience bar than pure skill measurement, it does demonstrably separate some playstyles, build styles and skill tendencies from others.

edit: oops, holy necro!

Edited by Lukoi Banacek, 10 February 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#15 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

View PostSushiSalad, on 16 November 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

It seems like PGI keep buffing up the lights, this will make the assaults useless. When will they stop doing the buffing and instead try to balance the game properly. The more you buff on the lights, you basically make the game become so obviously one sided that the lights, and medium mechs overwhelm the assaults so easily. Within seconds, even one to one the assaults will just die so quickly that its really unbelievable. Esp so for the DW due to its big nose which everyone will try to shoot it. With all the nerfs on the DW, its basically so difficult to keep yourself alive.

Honestly, the game is getting really to a point that I am wondering it is if worth to continue buying/paying and playing.

Lights need buffing. They are the least played class in the game, for a reason. Most of us play lights not because they're OP, but despite them being some of the worst mechs in the game. You not having lower arm actuators in your mech, or not tracking a fast mover properly is not the light mech's fault.

View PostRusshuster, on 13 December 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

No need to discuss the dire wolf any more
after the last - 20% agility it is merely a not moving target
thanks for nerfing a mech chassis to death

whilst the Mech was the slowest and most unagile mech on the battlefield bevore
( It means alot when an Atlas can run away from you)
niw even 20%Nerfed down - more slow in movement twist etc, you can trash that chassis

The DWF is still the mech with the most firepower. Yes, it's slower now, but it's still a solid performer, and at least now, other clan assaults can have a chance to shine.

View PostRusshuster, on 13 December 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

this has nothing to do with lights, but with untested and unconsidered effects of a overall Nerf of Clan agility by -20%
as effect of the skilltree

do you see direwolves played recently?

The nerf was global, so technically there was no nerf, because everyone got reduced the same.

Also, not only do I see them, but I have 3 DWFs and I still run them regularly (well except for the 9 ERPPC one. I keep that for my FUN days.)

#16 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:05 AM

If i see some bad chassis are not played hat to do?
i nerf the "usable"( The DWF was the slowest and most unmaneuverable mech bevore december nerf now its just a clay pigeon) chassis into the dirt so the former bad chassis are now more useful than the former most lame mech on the field

yah it gan load some weapons but its so slow you cant even torso twist properly anymore for that reason its a barely moving target a glasscannon or a bad joke
just play a whale now and see by yourself

great solution

Dont you forget something there IraqiWalker?

The IS got plenty of agility movement and structure AR and whatelse buffs and quirks
The Direwolf got ?
N O T H I N G - ah not quite true he has one quirk in RED +12-15% heat penalty

so true both sides got reduced the same,
but also true one side got bolstered by plenty of quirks in the range of 40-50% Bonus
the other side got what the whale got - nothing but the Nerfhammer to the face - again
so it is a nerf for one side

Edited by Russhuster, 11 February 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#17 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

And why did the IS mechs get larger quirks?
Lets see,
best light mech: arctic cheatah
best medium mech: stormcrow
best heavy mech: Timberwolf, Ebon Jaguar, Hellbringer
I think IS has better assault mechs in the mauler, banshee, Zeus. But for sheer firepower the direwolf has them all.

It is just natural a lot of people want to play the"best" of any chassis otherwise you wouldnt see so many posts asking which is the best at dakka, lasers, durability etc. so in order to get more people to play the less desirable chassis you need to make them more appealing.

#18 Russhuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 722 posts
  • LocationBayern

Posted 11 February 2016 - 04:58 AM

And why did the IS mechs get larger quirks?

because otherwise the IS mechs would suffer the same way than the clan robots
but as always IS gets buffed while clan gets nerfed at the same time

and we are staying at the truth wont we?

so lets see,

best medium stormcrow?
arnt you forgetting the Atlas-Jack? so BlackJack here
best heavy?
i would say Wubbolt or Black knight, toe on toe with the Marauder
The Timbie ist still good but not the best anymore
best Assault i go confirm with the Mauler but the Wubbmaster is running in its shadow

If you just look at the firepower the Whale has a good fist full of that but bevore nerf it was the slowest and most unmaneuverable mech in the game after the nerf its just a clay pigeon
A slow moving Glasscannon

It is just natural a lot of people want to play the"best" of any chassis otherwise you wouldnt see so many posts asking which is the best at dakka, lasers, durability etc. so in order to get more people to play the less desirable chassis you need to make them more appealing.

exactly and thats why you do see so many Direwhales are played or what?

Edited by Russhuster, 11 February 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#19 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

And this month the clan mechs are having the negative quirks removed, changes/improvements to the clan targeting computer and MASC changes.

I do agree i dont see many direwolves in matches, usually only 1 per match, same goes for almost all assaults.(same for blackjacks) But that more to do with how unforgiving assaults are in PUG matches. That isnt because assaults are bad it is because a lot of players are bad and leave the slower mechs behind to go out and get destroyed by running into the enemy team one at a time instead of coordinated movements and firing lines.

My matches are usually dominated by arctic cheetahs, stormcrows and timberwolves still, with what ever new mech that is available tossed in to fill the gaps.

#20 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:13 PM

View PostOld Fart, on 10 February 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

Bull

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users