How Many Pgi Devs Could Complete The Event?

Social Skills

29 replies to this topic

#1 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:21 AM

I was wondering how many PGI employees could complete the Halloween Event? I know I dont see many of them ever playing the game. I have played against Paul and Russ and know that neither one of them could complete the event without cheating. How many members of the PGI MPBT team could complete the event?

Sure seems like PGI sets a bar for game play that they can not meet themselves.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:30 AM

They didn't set the bar for themselves so who cares. 250 is indeed steep for newcomers especially--I wish it was 200 instead. I guess PGI really wants to distract us during this weekend.

As for me, my BLR-3S has not failed to get the required score in every match, so far.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 October 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#3 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:40 AM

You really have to work at it to qualify and for me at least it changes my playstyle to be so competitive. No rescuing others or defending just forget everyone on your team and go for points.

Not going to do it. Sad that now so many are on the stick to win trinkets the game goes to crap. Newbies and casuals stay home.

#4 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:42 AM

Wish it was 100 so people wouldn't turn into cowards hoping to be the ones to rack up enough damage for 250 match score while the rest of the team is getting slaughtered. Seriously even less team support than usual.

#5 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 October 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

They didn't set the bar for themselves so who cares. 250 is indeed steep for newcomers especially--I wish it was 200 instead. I guess PGI really wants to distract us during this weekend.

As for me, my BLR-3S has not failed to get the required score in every match, so far.

I see that you failed to answer the question of the topic. It is indeed hard for newcomers and PGI employees to get 250 match score.

#6 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:58 AM

Who ever said that anyone has to complete the whole event?

#7 saKhan Steiner Lawl Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:11 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 October 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

I have 3 locusts and 2 firestarters. No modules as I'm trying to save up for a 3rd firestarter so I can start elite leveling them. Not impossible... but it's a challenge. So if anyone is sick of ezmode, they make a new account then judge if the bar is too high or not.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostLansid, on 29 October 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

I have 3 locusts and 2 firestarters. No modules as I'm trying to save up for a 3rd firestarter so I can start elite leveling them. Not impossible... but it's a challenge. So if anyone is sick of ezmode, they make a new account then judge if the bar is too high or not.

Locusts can get 250 points without too much hardship, if they are elited. Depending on the variant of course. I can also play the trial Banshee on my alt if I wanna get 250 points. In T4 it will be piece of cake for me.

The score is indeed too high, but it is far from hard for me in alt account.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 October 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#9 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

A score of 250 is also easier the heavier the mech you have, so piloting light and medium mechs face a much harder time :(

#10 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:22 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 29 October 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

A score of 250 is also easier the heavier the mech you have, so piloting light and medium mechs face a much harder time :(

Which is especially funny if you consider that PGI wants make every weight class equally viable but at the same time base match score primarily on (more or less usefull) raw damage.
This is borderline insane (or dumb).
Also see the thread in my signature.

#11 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:27 AM

View PostLansid, on 29 October 2015 - 05:16 AM, said:

Wow... toxic attitude there.

Well .........

#12 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

You'd be amazed how much easier it is for everyone on your side to get the points if you actually work as a team. Personally I find it more entertaining than anything to watch people be cowards or rambos and then cry in the next 3 matches because they totally forgot how to function as a team and can't get the points.

#13 Dragonet Xian

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:39 AM

It's designed as a reward and not as a gift. Usually you have to work for a reward. I'm not saying a score of 250 is the right amount, I guess 200 would be still okay. But I'm totally fine to be rewarded only for the good matches. And sorry guys, team play doesn't end necessarily in a lower match score. That's just an excuse, nothing more.
Only flaw here is, that people piloting lights have a harder time to get the necessary score. But still doable and the feeling of doing great in a light should be even more rewarding.

And please, what has the piloting of PGI enployees to do with the challenge?! Right, absolutely nothing.

#14 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

Well, I guess this will be another Heloween themed event like all of them.

Just do the same as 90% of all tryhards who seem to come out of the woodwork for every event.

Hint: These are the guys described as follows;

View Postsycocys, on 29 October 2015 - 05:31 AM, said:

Personally I find it more entertaining than anything to watch people be cowards or rambos and then cry in the next 3 matches because they totally forgot how to function as a team and can't get the points.

As this is a Heloween themed event, you can always think of it this way. You can dissapear in the crowds and survive any Zombie apocalypse (They will all re-die due to not being able to find enough brainz).

#15 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:45 AM

I'm honestly surprised they fumbled this one up. They took one of the most popular and widely acclaimed events in MWO history and turned it into a mess. By now, it's pretty clear that the most popular events are the ones with easy goals and a relatively low cap. Not difficult goals and a huge cap.

Do they even look at the feedback from these events?

#16 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:18 AM

They don't look at feedback from much of anything. That's a long established fact.

#17 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:30 AM

To be honest, if I was a PGI employee, I would be sure to have more than one account, my public PGI branded one and the anonymous one that I would use most of the time.

The risk of negative feedback and attention that would make the game less fun to play would be more than enough reason to play alt accounts so I would not necessarily concluded anything based on the presence or absence of PGI employees visibly in the game. (Other than it is a decent PR opportunity).

As for completing this particular challenge. It seems like in most games about 1/2 or less of the players make the required score so on average 75 picks will require about 150 games played. Some players will do it much faster and some will take longer depending on the mechs they play and how well they play.

#18 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostMawai, on 29 October 2015 - 06:30 AM, said:

To be honest, if I was a PGI employee, I would be sure to have more than one account, my public PGI branded one and the anonymous one that I would use most of the time.

The risk of negative feedback and attention that would make the game less fun to play would be more than enough reason to play alt accounts so I would not necessarily concluded anything based on the presence or absence of PGI employees visibly in the game. (Other than it is a decent PR opportunity).

As for completing this particular challenge. It seems like in most games about 1/2 or less of the players make the required score so on average 75 picks will require about 150 games played. Some players will do it much faster and some will take longer depending on the mechs they play and how well they play.

If 8 out of 24 players are getting a qualified match each game, your math is off.

#19 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:01 AM

Its not that hard to achieve 250 in a tier 5 match ...

#20 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:04 AM

250 is perfect. Hard enough to be challenging. Easy enough to be obtainable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users