Server Outage Update - Services Restored

47 replies to this topic

#41 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:50 PM

So basically, what happened is that some uneducated construction dredger operator cut the cable, and killed server access..

I though stuff like that happens only in my home country.. <_<

Good job PGI with the Premium time injection and event extension. Way to handle a bad situation..

Also, thanks to Bobby Jubraj from customer service on a quick response after I reported the issue...

#42 Daelen Rottiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:26 AM

View PostVolt Opt Construct, on 02 November 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

In my head there's the mice surveillance droids in Star War eating the cable, then an Elemental coming by with a flamer to scare them off. 3rd shift thoughts are the best sometimes.

and the surveillance droids laughing about the flamer cause of freakin no dmg?!?!?

#43 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

Nice action PGI, thank your for the extra time!

#44 QuulDrah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAachen

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:49 AM

I demand compensation!!! ... no, not for the server outtake, for having to sit through 3 hours of battletech trivia quiz in our team speak group... ;) my poor brain... :lol:

example? (paraphrased from memory)

"Which colour had the mech piloted by Katherine Steiner's husband?"
Spoiler

There are now officially (in my book) people who know more obscure facts than the ones being able to answer the famous "What are the names of the fish in Picard's aquarium?" question... :o

#45 Gerdskies

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostQuulDrah, on 03 November 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

I demand compensation!!! ... no, not for the server outtake, for having to sit through 3 hours of battletech trivia quiz in our team speak group... ;) my poor brain... :lol:

"Which colour had the mech piloted by Katherine Steiner's husband?"
Spoiler

There are now officially (in my book) people who know more obscure facts than the ones being able to answer the famous "What are the names of the fish in Picard's aquarium?" question... :o

Thats sounds like a fun quiz. What unit are you from? I wish my unit did that in down time.

Good work as always PGI, thanks for giving me an extra day for farming out the last of my halloween bags. Woo! :D <3 <3 <3

#46 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

Ty for extra time !

#47 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostQuulDrah, on 03 November 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

&quot;Which colour had the mech piloted by Katherine Steiner's husband?&quot;
Spoiler

There are now officially (in my book) people who know more obscure facts than the ones being able to answer the famous &quot;What are the names of the fish in Picard's aquarium?&quot; question... :o

If you refer to Katherine Steiner-Davion... That we know of :P She may have married Vlad Ward... Though that is incredibly unlikely... To the best of my knowledge the remainder of her story was never filled in. I imagine she would have shown up in the Jihad era novels, if they had ever been written...

Also... There is another Katherine Steiner from the mid 25th century who was Archon after her husband, Alistair Marsden, died. He was a tank commander, though, so it's still a trick question :P

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 03 November 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#48 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:11 PM

the lastest report from iinet now looking at the end of November for it to be fixed.

Service External Connectivity Type Fault (Minor) Started 21 days ago
Event ID 4400270 Status Happening now Ending in 17 days
<p class="event-extended-details hide" style="display: block;">
Last update 19 hours ago

Affected Service(s)

External Connectivity

Customers may experience slow than normal speeds when browsing international content.

Technical Summary

Access to international sites may be slower than normal due to an increase in latency.
Resolution

Works to repair the submarine cable are ongoing. A new ETR has been requested from our network partner but is not yet available. Updates will be provided as they become available.

SUMMARY OF UPDATES

2015-11-09 19:25:26 WST: Our network partner has advised that there is a submarine cable fault impacting our international links between Perth and Singapore. They are investigating and gave the ETR of 2015-11-11. We will provide updates as soon as they are available.

2015-10-23 0918 WST: Due to an issue with an international link, customers may see increased latency when browsing internationally. Our network partner is currently isolating the issue and fault location. Updates will be provided when available.
Impacted Area(s)

• Australia

Edited by Creag, 12 November 2015 - 10:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users