Forum And Client-Performance

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

For several weeks now, the forum is consistently slow for me.
Every time I write a post, the system takes half a minute or even longer until it registers the entry.
Until then, the whole forum freezes for me.
This is ridiculous. It feels like the whole server is constantly under a DDoS-attack.

The same with the client. You start the game - "connecting" for over half a minute. You change your mech-loadout (one of the main selling points!) - half a minute or even longer till it finishes saving.
You played a game and reenter your homescreen? Half a minute waiting.

Does someone expect people wouldn't be bothered by this?
A lot of people at PGIs are har dworking to get the game in shape for a steam release. What will happen is, that a lot of players which will give it a shot, stop playing this game because they would like to play a game where they won't have to wait after every meaningful action.

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:20 PM

The game client loading is based upon how many 'Mechs you have. More 'Mechs equals more wait time. Don't expect that to change soon.

The forum slowness isn't linked to that.

#3 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Yeah, I don't have a problem with the client run times... but my god the Forum thing is very much becoming an issue for me too... Just clicking the "Like This" button takes upwards of 30 seconds to register. It seems to be getting progressively worse week after week... And, like he said, posting something takes about that much time as well...

#4 Foxolov

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

I can't even begin the game! When the game downloaded, I run game launcher, but when all files have been downloaded, it shows "Prepairing install base", stops at half installing and just stays like this. I cannot even install the game, it stops on half way! It just waits and waits, I cannot start game. How to correct this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users