Re-Balance Pts 3

173 replies to this topic

#161 DailyFrankPeter

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:06 AM

I'd like to add my opinion to this, even though on 8 pages, it's bound to have been mentioned already.

SLASHING skill values ACROSS THE BOARD cannot really be called balancing imho. It merely compresses the mech values for all players (the ones that have just bought or use trial mechs, and the ones who are finishing grinding their 3rd variant). This, aside from being good for new players, makes the system more BORING for me. I now have 3/4-ths less incentive to Elite a mech at all. It removes a sense of achievement and ownership, too.

To me it feels as if you said: "we are gonna *balance* all camos and colours by adding 70% dull green across the board".

If you want the game to be less grindy, why F2P model? If you want it to be more accessible to new players, put Elited mechs on trial. If you want to balance, change only certain mechs' values. I fail to see the point of this decision.

(Also the thing I'm worried about is that assaults with nerfed speed tweak will fall below the "stuck on every pebble" threshold, which seems to be 50-55kph. This is extremely annoying and happens more than it should with a giant robot.)

Edited by DailyFrankPeter, 07 November 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#162 Danger Dave

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHaggisland

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostDailyFrankPeter, on 07 November 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

I'd like to add my opinion to this, even though on 8 pages, it's bound to have been mentioned already.

SLASHING skill values ACROSS THE BOARD cannot really be called balancing imho. It merely compresses the mech values for all players (the ones that have just bought or use trial mechs, and the ones who are finishing grinding their 3rd variant). This, aside from being good for new players, makes the system more BORING for me. I now have 3/4-ths less incentive to Elite a mech at all. It removes a sense of achievement and ownership, too.

To me it feels as if you said: "we are gonna *balance* all camos and colours by adding 70% dull green across the board".

If you want the game to be less grindy, why F2P model? If you want it to be more accessible to new players, put Elited mechs on trial. If you want to balance, change only certain mechs' values. I fail to see the point of this decision.

(Also the thing I'm worried about is that assaults with nerfed speed tweak will fall below the "stuck on every pebble" threshold, which seems to be 50-55kph. This is extremely annoying and happens more than it should with a giant robot.)

I fully agree with this chap.The skill changes also make me less willing to get, or even buy, 3 mechs of the same class.

Edited by Danger Dave, 07 November 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#163 Brethgar

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 59 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:14 AM

Could not agree more about skill nerfs. This is BAD! I am one of those players that grinds 3 variants, keeps the one I like and finds another mech to buy and grind. This is what is fun for me. Once the skills are unlocked, I feel that the mech is finally playable. They get better as the skills get unlocked but that sense of achievement helps a lot. Trial mechs suck for a reason. No skills unlocked.

Now I am not opposed to work on the skill tree. Personally I would like to see more skills to unlock and specialize in. This nerf is not the way to balance the game, in my opinion.

#164 Danger Dave

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHaggisland

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:25 AM

Brethgar, I completely agree. Now, I dont really remember anyone complaining about nerfing the skill tree so I dont know what inspired PGI to go down this rout.

They could have added more skills, and/or another tier of skills.

#165 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:37 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...de-voting-poll/

#166 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

I would like to try the PTS, but the last 3 times I tried, waited 10 minutes with nothing. Percentages and rechecking percentages that did change seem to indicate the same number of people but I am guessing grouped up. So no comments yet. Back to normal game.

#167 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

Yet another blow for light mechs. The skill tree just gutted the hell out of us.

they gutted assaults much worse.

assaults will barely be able to climb hills or over pebbles/pines/roots now.

#168 Inkarnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 November 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

they gutted assaults much worse.

assaults will barely be able to climb hills or over pebbles/pines/roots now.

good an 100T assault shouldnt even remotly feel like a Human just larger. it should feel heavy, slow and cumbersome.
Idk where people have it from that assaults especially should be twitchy and responsive thats for games like Hawken lol.
But the real reasons ins anyway STEAM release thats all why they change it NOW.
Its just to mitigate the entry for the freshblood and practiacally given up on the initial placeholder skilltree
and the dream of having mech related skilltrees.
Sideeffect is Trials arent that uselss anymore and with SDH buffs i can see that there wont be so much
advantage to mechs that are full pimped out.

Edited by Inkarnus, 07 November 2015 - 01:42 PM.

#169 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 10 November 2015 - 02:29 AM

I let it search for 30 min, EU-primetime, NOTHING.
So PGI we are not able to TEST in a GAME.

make teams 8v8 or 6v6 to get something going ?

#170 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:01 AM

another 30min search nothing to report. :(

#171 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:03 AM

View PostInkarnus, on 07 November 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

good an 100T assault shouldnt even remotly feel like a Human just larger. it should feel heavy, slow and cumbersome.

Then, for gameplay reasons (i.e. so they dont suck and are never used - bad for the game) assaults need MASSIVE, and i mean MASSIVE armour quirks. Mobility is a far better defense than armour, and if you give assaults zero mobility, they NEED a crazytown amount of armour, or they just wont get used. especially since all the tonnage limiting systems punish you for taking them - punish me for taking a worse thing? nah, ill not take it, thanks.

#172 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:54 PM

Logged on past 3 days and no one playing. Tried logging on today and network error. PTS needs incentives to get people there. Also might be an indicator of what people don't want. Sorry I couldn't of much more help thus far.

#173 Danger Dave

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHaggisland

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 10 November 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

Then, for gameplay reasons (i.e. so they dont suck and are never used - bad for the game) assaults need MASSIVE, and i mean MASSIVE armour quirks. Mobility is a far better defense than armour, and if you give assaults zero mobility, they NEED a crazytown amount of armour, or they just wont get used. especially since all the tonnage limiting systems punish you for taking them - punish me for taking a worse thing? nah, ill not take it, thanks.

This... This!!!! Someone give this man a cookie!

Nerf the assaults any further and they will be completely useless. Lights will take even more pish out of them, and they will be just walking death traps for their own pilots, not that of their enemies.

#174 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWhy, East of Eden

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

Guys, guys, guys ... READ THIS:

• Quick Ignition (Elite): Unchanged from original value.
• Fast Fire (Elite): Weapon cooldown rate now increased by 2.5% (down from original 5% value)
• Pinpoint (Elite): Unchanged, but this Skill is planned for replacement.
• Speed Tweak (Elite): Unchanged from original value.

The speed tweak has not been changed. I have been playing all weight classes during the last PT session, and the overall TTK (time to kill) across the board is increased. Massively so. The assaults have retained their speed quirks AND received a boost in armor and internals. As have other mechs. the weapon changes aren't even real nerfs, the targeting mechanics have been changed to make laser vomit less excessive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users