28 replies to this topic

#21 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

I tried all classes, almost every mech variant but I'm still a light pilot. I'm used to high speed and mobility. I don't get along with heavy metal very well.

#22 Dagada Moor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:23 AM

I am a light/medium pilot by nature. My unit mates would say I would rather be in a Locust then in any other Mech. All my mediums that I play the most are all fast. When I say fast , I am talking 106kph or better. So, I am a speed freak. Wolfhounds and Locust 1 M are what I am playing now. If you put all 4 classes of Mechs in front of me, I would pick a light.

#23 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

I am what you would call a confused pilot! I play all the weight classes (Light, Medium, Heavy, and Assault) about equally. I play both Clan and IS mechs about equally since the Clan mechs came out.

My favorite mech will change from time to time as well. Right now it is the Enforcer, but I am really liking the Crab lately. That said my favorite weight class is definitely medium! I have all but three of the medium class chassis mastered.

I am a definite pugger! I pretty much pug around until I master my chassis, then I switch to a different chassis. I will on occasion drop with mastered chassis in a pug match, but that is rare. On cooler CW events I will take my mastered chassis and put them to use there.

If I did have a favorite and was more consistent with my play style I'd probably be a better player, but I really like changing it up and experimenting.

Edited by PeeWrinkle, 08 November 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#24 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

Now I think I've gone mad.

I can now only pilot either extreme end of the weight-speed spectrum. Either a direwhale, or a locust. Everything else in between seems like a compromise :/

#25 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:49 PM

Nope. One of the reasons why I love MWO is because of how many different types of mechs there are. Though I kind of would like to have a mech that I can point to and say "that mech is friggin mine". Unfortunately I don't know a whole lot about the history of all the mechs, so

Mechs I like in each weight class :
IS Lights: Jenner, Raven
Clan Lights: Jenner IIC (makes sense I'd like a clone of another mech I love right?), Adder
IS Mediums: Crab, BJ3 (but BJ3's only because of how it behaves in MWO, Love that Double PPC + JJ + 4 small laser build)
Clan Mediums: Nova, Shadow Cat
IS Heavies: Catapult, Dragon, Marauder, Warhammer, Rifleman
Clan Heavies: Mad Dog.... and well.... all clan heavies currently in game, just Mad Dog has a special place for me and is to blame for my love of LRMs, and is my favorite design.

I'm not much of a fan of assaults, they are a bit too slow for me. Also, it's not as satisfying for me when you're the biggest baddest thing on the field stomping on tiny things.
IS Assaults: King Crab, Mauler, Stalker
Clan Assaults: I don't much care for clan Assaults when it comes to looks. However in MWO, their gameplays are all so different that I sort of like them for their own reasons. Dire Wolf would have to be the one I like the most.

Though when I have all mechs I want mastered. I will probably play these mechs on a daily basis, Jenner/IIC, Nova Prime, Catapult (excluding C4 for MWO), Mad Dog.
I'd have to play the Crab, Rifleman, Warhammer, Marauder to know if they'd be mechs I'd like to play frequently in MWO though.

#26 Necroledo

• PipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:02 AM

I think I can say I'm most comfortable with the heaviest: I own more assault mechs than any other class. I just love the slow stomping and carrying more weapons than could possibly fit in the lower-right panel of my cockpit. However, I do enjoy playing lights or mediums from time to time too, and now I've discovered the joys of highly mobile heavy mechs... in the Summoner, no less!

The vast majority of my mechs are IS, but I do own a Warhawk aside from the aforementioned Summoner, and I'm toying with the idea of mastering the latter...

If I had to choose my favourite chassis, I would list: Locust, Myst Lynx, Centurion, Cicada, Orion, Summoner, King Crab, Stalker, Warhawk and Direwolf.

#27 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:30 AM

Shadowcat till I die, it's at its best when you get very, very aggressive & don't stop moving. Love that thing.

#28 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:46 AM

I have over 180 mechs and play whichever is required for competitive play, but my favorite and the one I'm currently tinkering with to find my best build (for my playstyle) is the EBJ. I'll always go back to the EBJ now that they've introduced it.

#29 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:23 AM

No, I sicerely do not belive in monogamy. Since the game is an ever changing environment ( thx to the devs and the flavor of the day ), much like the real world, I change both my mech and my mechclass regularely.
( I think it would take something away if could not act according to my mood, it also would dampen my performance )
Additionally the need to have four mechs in a CW drop deck encurages having at least two classes of mechs ( at least two chassis also ) to get along with.
f.e. 2 thunderbolts and 2 55 tonns mechs.

Edited by The Basilisk, 21 November 2015 - 01:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users