Closed Beta Round 2 Tomorrow? (July 10th)

131 replies to this topic

#1 WardenWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

If the production-level servers are being installed on schedule at PGI, tomorrow (July 10th) should herald a new round of closed beta invites!

So, shall we start taking bets on how many we see in the initial release? I figure they have 10k+ in the closed beta now, and will want to test the new hardware pretty well... so I am hoping for somewhere in the 1000-5000 key range :)

Any other educated guesses, or bets?

#2 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

I think what will happen is similar to what we are seeing now, except at a faster pace. So 500 keys a day until the weekend (about 2000 keys).. then see how the servers handle peak load on the weekend.. if everything is good, then another 500 keys per day.. maybe even ramp it up to 1,000 (2,500 to 5,000 (total of 5,000 to 7,500 extra)) keys a day for the next week and again see what happens on the weekend.. that will bring us up to 2 weeks prior to Aug 7th.. and so will likely have around 15 to 25 thousand players online prior to Aug 7th to see how it copes.. then on Aug 7th.. the bomb shell hits :)

#3 Targetloc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 963 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostPsyche, on 09 July 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Still calling it a Closed Beta?

Wouldn't it be better to call the 'Founder's Beta' that it really is....Kind of misleading not to.

I mean heck, I'm not a founder and basically am already losing interest in MW:O.

In Fact, I'm actually looking forward to seeing MW:O fail utterly based on what I've seen Pirannha do so far. {EDIT: The community actually factors into it more than pirannha - my bad}

*hug*

Can you show us on the Urbanmech where the bad founder touched you?

#4 Krivvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,318 posts
  • LocationUSA/Canada

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

[REDACTED TROLLSOME COMMENT]

That...still means the same thing. Games frequently have preorderers being given closed beta access.

Also, you gotta actually say what those things are otherwise your comment is meaningless.

#5 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well, its not open to just anyone, and under NDA to prevent leaks of info before the Devs are ready... so it seems closed.

A lot of folks in it now are not Founders, and while Founders will get priority for the invites from here on out I don't see a problem with that. The actual Founders guaranteed early entry isn't till August 7th.

I'm very sorry to hear that! What I have seen so far - in the Devs updates / QAs, official videos and screenshots, and even those [REDACTED] videos from a couple of weeks ago has done nothing but get me more excited! If you are losing steam on this, I'd recommend taking a break from the forums and just coming back when the open beta starts. For me, being around the forums a lot builds my anticipation higher... but I know in real life I am drained when I am around too many people, so I could see the same happening to some folks here (unfortunately).

Edited by Helmer, 09 July 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#6 TheSassySquatch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 177 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostTargetloc, on 09 July 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

*hug*

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever seen on these forums. Thanks for the laughs.

#7 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Yup.. ultimately it's still a closed beta.. I have a Founder's pack but I am under no illusions that just because founders are getting a "preference" that I will get a key before Aug 7th. Would I love to have the honor of receiving one?? Of course! Who wouldn't? Do I feel that I am more entitled to a beta than someone who hasn't pre-ordered? Well yes, to be honest I do feel I am more entitled.. but that doesn't mean I "expect" that I should be giving the key over someone else.. it just means I feel more entitled.. there is a difference. What I do expect is to definitely, 100% get a key on August 7th... anything earlier than that is a bonus and to be frank, an honor.

#8 Geriatric Commandos

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationOxygen Tent

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on 09 July 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

If the production-level servers are being installed on schedule at PGI, tomorrow (July 10th) should herald a new round of closed beta invites!

So, shall we start taking bets on how many we see in the initial release? I figure they have 10k+ in the closed beta now, and will want to test the new hardware pretty well... so I am hoping for somewhere in the 1000-5000 key range :D

Any other educated guesses, or bets?

LOL...sorry instead of a Beta Key you get Coal. Look at the friggin videos. 600 players on at time? Are you kidding me...I don't care about your freakin work and family. Get hardcore people in there that can do 4 plus hours a day. BS
I was ready to Beta Test....not play. Actually try to find bugs etc. I didn't even sign up for the Beta knowing I had already gotten coal.

You get nothing and you should enjoy nothing but these forums for your pompous over reaction to hope.

#9 Nikoliy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 245 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Still calling it a Closed Beta?

Wouldn't it be better to call the 'Founder's Beta' that it really is....Kind of misleading not to.

I mean heck, I'm not a founder and basically am already losing interest in MW:O.

In Fact, I'm actually looking forward to seeing MW:O fail utterly based on what I've seen Pirannha do so far. {EDIT: The community actually factors into it more than pirannha - my bad}

Yes how shocking to see a company rewarding the customers that actually pay....

#10 Congzilla

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

I am honestly kinda shocked that the $120 Founders pack doesn't just come with a beta key. Dust514 gave beta keys to people buying a $20 pack and that game is earlier in development.

#11 evil713

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 135 posts
  • Location, Location.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

i think they would still pace themselfs. they would keep the same beta release time they did for CB1, just larger numbers.

augest is much sooner than you think.

#12 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostGeriatric Commandos, on 09 July 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

LOL...sorry instead of a Beta Key you get Coal. Look at the friggin videos. 600 players on at time? Are you kidding me...I don't care about your freakin work and family. Get hardcore people in there that can do 4 plus hours a day. BS
I was ready to Beta Test....not play. Actually try to find bugs etc. I didn't even sign up for the Beta knowing I had already gotten coal.

You get nothing and you should enjoy nothing but these forums for your pompous over reaction to hope.

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense.. and not really relevant to the question posed.

I think you should go and polish your coal. :D

#13 Wahlnutz

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Soooo..... You mad bro?

#14 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Wow, sorry to have stepped on your toes somehow. However, please review the code of conduct before posting further:

http://mwomercs.com/...ting-etiquette/

#15 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Fingers crossed people. :D

#16 light487

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

View Postevil713, on 09 July 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

i think they would still pace themselfs. they would keep the same beta release time they did for CB1, just larger numbers.

augest is much sooner than you think.

Yup.. it's less than a month now.. and that's what I was thinking with my reply to get the numbers to around 150% of what it is now for the first weekend with the new hardware.. see how it goes, tweak the servers.. then get the numbers up to around 200 to 250% of what is it now for the second weekend and do the same thing.. see how the server handles it and make tweaks and stuff.. maybe even order new hardware in preparation etc.. What they do after the 2nd weekend, I'm not sure.. but essentially they will be testing the server rather than the game itself in the lead up to the Aug 7th Founder Injection.. then the stress tests will begin..

#17 Winters Flight

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 64 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

I expect the early numbers to be small, more in line with what we're used to from CB 1, as they work the kinks out of the new hardware. After they know that nothing is going to explode / catch on fire the pace will probably pick up to avoid a meltdown on the 7th.

#18 Sept Wolfke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostTargetloc, on 09 July 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

*hug*

*points out you just hugged him...*

View PostWinters Flight, on 09 July 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

I expect the early numbers to be small, more in line with what we're used to from CB 1, as they work the kinks out of the new hardware. After they know that nothing is going to explode / catch on fire the pace will probably pick up to avoid a meltdown on the 7th.

yep. It behooves them to make as much progress toward handling high populations as they can pre-launch, so don't give up hope that that 'pending' button will change for ya.

this wait reminds me of SpaceX going through their recent launch prep phase before sending supplies to the international space station. you gotta do this stuff right or not at all, so the best support we can give is our patience.

Edited by Sept Wolfke, 09 July 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#19 CrazyCatDaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Is there even confirmation that there will be new beta keys once the "server upgrades" are installed?

#20 WardenWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationTerra

View PostGeriatric Commandos, on 09 July 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

In addition ....... the Devs answered what? 6 questions in "Ask the Devs 9"
Are you freakin serious? 5 minutes of typing? Don't strain yourself you lazy ******* *******.

I can see you haven't read - or at least are not following - the posting etiquette for these forums. Please do so, and then contribute positively... or else stop posting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users