3 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:06 PM

I dropped with 10 of you on an Attack on Gan Singh, Boreal Vault, a short time ago.

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry my deck wasn't consistent with the strategy you guys were attempting to execute, and this made me a less than effective member of the drop team.

The deck I had for that drop was a long range deck, slow moving, designed to win by killing at distance... which is the kind of engagement I usually get dropped into when solo CWing.

However, your team's strategy seemed to be to go single-mindedly to the after the gens and Omega, almost ignoring the enemy.

This meant that I ended up getting left behind on the pushes. I was forced to choose between turning and facing the guys who were pursuing from the rear, just before they cored me, or pushing forward and just dying. While I got top damage ... I realise that wasn't the strategy.

FWIW I did manage to take out half of Gen 1 and I was trying to take out Omega with my final two Mechs, I just couldn't get to the Omega area skirmishes with the rest of you, and when I did, it was me vs 10 enemies.

Anyway, just thought I'd explain why it seemed like I wasn't on-strategy. I had to play the Mechs I was in.

Edited by Appogee, 04 November 2015 - 11:11 PM.

#2 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:34 AM

i too was surprised first time i dropped with the loyalists, but o.k. better to adapt to the team next time than continuing solo
although i prefer fighting
anyway im used to it from beta 1 with the FWL units, light rushes etc.

#3 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:32 PM

Dont worry, just try and get on comms when you group up (ts50.bargainvoice.com::7345) so whoever is dropcalling can give you a heads up on the plan. We all prefer a fight, but we dont often have numbers to draw out every game before getting stuck in the hold territory loop. Besides, its not a bad thing to mix it up with attrition and objective drops if in a rush.

#4 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:08 PM

depends what the situation is

Get the gun own the square, then fight to keep it in the counter attack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users