53 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:48 AM

ComStar News Bureau

Bulletin #00-20-C

Reward Adjustments to Factions effective immediately.

ComStar News Bureau Agents are confirming reports that changes to reward structure are being implemented by all the Factions.

Changes:

Faction

Change

C-Bill Amount

Loyalty Point Amount

Clan Wolf

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Clan Smoke Jaguar

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Davion

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Kurita

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Liao

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Steiner

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Free Rasalhague Republic

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Clan Ghost Bear

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

House Marik

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

Clan Jade Falcon

Increased

200,000 C-Bills

75 Loyalty Points

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

Posted Image

#3 codynyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 321 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationda Bronx

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Last night cw was a ghost town at least for steiner. Hopefully this will get some teams in.

#4 Polkastein

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:33 AM

And with premium time that will give you an additional 300k if you win. Very nice incentive!

But honestly, they should be adjusted based on the number of planets the faction has; the bigger the faction, the smaller the c-bill reward (i.e. Ghost Bear and FRR should have the highest contract payout at this time). That would give incentive to move populations to smaller factions until they start growing again.

#5 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

Started seeing a lot of warriors in the last 24 hours that we have not seen on the field in quite some time.

"Bonus money" sure seemed to entice some increased activity among the warriors we were trying to scrape up overnight.... we still had to go visiting all over to find them though... seems the word is not quite out there yet.

I can't speak for the others, but my own activity overnight was certainly most profitable $$$.

#6 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:48 AM

It's tough for me to play to more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time, but I may just have to hunker down and devote some time to CW; I have premium time to burn and I need some Cbills something awful :)

#7 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostPolkastein, on 05 November 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

But honestly, they should be adjusted based on the number of planets the faction has; the bigger the faction, the smaller the c-bill reward (i.e. Ghost Bear and FRR should have the highest contract payout at this time). That would give incentive to move populations to smaller factions until they start growing again.

Before reading this post we were speculating that this might have been implemented already - As someone who has held the job of setting the faction choice for a unit in the past I can confirm that the faction money plays a substantial part in influencing the final decision.

Certainly an automated faction payout formula could be written that would adjust these amounts during each ceasefire. Might be interesting to try it for a while and see what happens.

#8 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:00 PM

Guys, you need to increase the base rewards, not the victory amount. All you're doing is giving even more reward to those who are already on top in CW. What you need to be doing is encouraging people to just jump in regardless of a win or loss.

#9 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostYaKillinMeSmalls, on 05 November 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Guys, you need to increase the base rewards, not the victory amount. All you're doing is giving even more reward to those who are already on top in CW. What you need to be doing is encouraging people to just jump in regardless of a win or loss.

This right here.

People on the losing side will kill themselves off as soon as things go south rather than waste 30 on meager earnings.

I would like to see incentives that while comparable to winning, would at least motivate people to make the best of a bad situation. Whether it's a "playing above your PSR" or simply top 4 performers of the losing team get some kind of consolation prize I dunno. But that might encourage good players to stick it out...

Maybe reserve these consolation prizes for solo droppers... heh, could make things interesting...

#10 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

I feel a CW related tournament comming on...

#11 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 12:51 PM

I hope so... CW needs a kick in the pants

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

I spent 7 hours today trying to play CW.

During that time I managed:
* entire hours where we couldn't muster a single team
* 4 ghost drops
* 3 actual matches- in which my team had 3 competent players + 9 derpers doing <500 damage apiece

My favourite match was the one where 3 of us with unit tags were tasked to counter attack against a 12-man. Sizing up the odds, I suggested perhaps we'd be better just sit outside the gate and try to score some damage, than push in and die. But one of PUGs railed against that idea, and said we'd win if "go in, kill Omega, and then retreat to the drop ships once we are in front".

So we lost the first wave 12-2 and the second 24-4, after which the enemy 12-man just wandered out the gate in their damaged Mechs and killed all the PUGs where they were hiding.

And at the end of the match, our master tactician had recorded a personal total of 128 damage in his 4 Mechs. (How is it even possible to do that little damage in 4 Mechs...?)

So: it will take a lot more than 200K CBills to make me waste any more time on CW, sadly.

Edited by Appogee, 05 November 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#13 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

Only a year late. It can hardly be a news flash that you make less space bucks playing CW and because of the awful grind most people will resort to whatever pays the best. Hence ghost town CW

#14 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:13 PM

Give us a nice big reward, if we win. Give us a small reward, if we lose, but fight.. And move about 48 Backshooting-Mechs from the Academy to Ghost Maps.. And CW will be not near-dead anymore...

#15 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:37 PM

Ghost bear could use a larger reward to attract more people. There are like no teams at all playing for Ghost bear.

#16 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

View PostW A R K H A N, on 05 November 2015 - 01:37 PM, said:

Ghost bear could use a larger reward to attract more people. There are like no teams at all playing for Ghost bear.

Yea of course if you want good CW population per faction balance..
Its same for marik and liao too since ages but it seem PGI don't wanna balance anything about factions population.

In fact now we can't really say that others factions are really populated yep CW is dead. One proof?
CW map didn't change since 2 months only FRR territory is moving cause some bigs unit took a contract 2 week ago, followed by some smallers units ( little fishs follow big one ).

PGI by not ajusting reward ajustement every week let this situation stagnate ( last reward ajustement ( every faction get same reward ) was after last CW event and the other last one was like 3 months ago this event and each time rewards ajustement were bad balanced anyway...)

#17 Kriri

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:59 PM

Honestly.....i dont want a reward for losing.
That feels false somehow.

I stay away from CW mostly because (not everytime but in most cases) it is demotivating to get ROFLstomped (from a competition unit) after waiting 15min to get a match and then additional 10min till the last team member is dead.

#18 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

Well, I am not advocating a reward for losing but a reason to actually try when you are getting roflstomped. There is actually a difference...

#19 Sinsabul

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:42 PM

I dropped 5 matches 2 nights ago with mostly non-unit guys and we won every match, even one against a 12 man. My own unit was dropping 8-12 man groups (I just wasn't with them that night) as well. Granted, I know it doesn't always work out like that, especially not in IS. It's not due to mech balance at all either but actual player balance. I have 2 accounts and my IS account is poor compared to my clan account and some of the mechs aren't elite and none have modules yet I do just as well in them as I do my clan mechs given the current perks and nerfs. However, I notice a lot more inexperienced pugs drop for IS which increases the likelihood of a crappy team. I attribute this to the higher price of clan mechs increasing the likelihood of less experienced players who come try CW actually being IS. I will also concede how frustrating it is to lose every match as I've had my share of nights like that. I recommend people who come to CW join a group (with a common TS) or unit. I know units aren't for everyone, but you can also go in the "looking for group" channel. I say this for 2 reasons. 1: you're more likely to drop fast in a group. 2: you're more likely to win in a coordinated group. I've seen completely mixed groups kick butt when all on the Kurita, Comstar, or Strana Mechty servers. CW can work and support a decent population if people have a better understanding of how it should be played going in. Perhaps a CW tutorial?

#20 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

yay money is a good thing.

Now back to work on UNIT COFFERS for in game use....

and also work on a 16 weapon Atlas is also a good thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users