Over/under Terra Therma Ever Being Played Again?

Voting System Terra Therma

30 replies to this topic

#21 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

I always pick Terra Therma. One day I hope that my vote will be the deciding vote just so I can vote for something else like Terra Therma

#22 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostScifi Toughguy, on 12 November 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Why would you want to play on that map?

To see others overheated...
To see mech clogging the ramp...
And I'm kinda tired with nascar, so a bit more simple like rush mid is a change...
:P

#23 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:12 PM

Well, seems like a lot of people still choose mordor anyways. So much for this thread...

Edited by Repasy, 12 November 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#24 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

I was quite surprised by this actually. When voting first started it was never chosen, at least that is how it seemed. Then after several days I noticed I was actually getting drops on this map.

My guess, and it could be more than that since I have been a part of a group that has done it, is that small groups dropping together are picking the map. Doing so gives it enough votes to be the drop because the other votes are spread out or people aren't voting at all.

The funny part is it seems that the other team is out matched right away because it seems as if they anticipated dropping in frozen city or something. It turns into heat shutdown central and oops I overroad and blew myself up paradise! LOL

#25 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:08 AM

How to play and dominate on TT in groupe queue.

Step 1: Aquire 11 friends.

Step 2: Drop as a 12 man in 6 dual gauss jags and 6 gausavens.

Step 3: Form a firing ling anywhere other than the deathcano.

Step 4: Focus fire.

Step 5: Victory.

#26 Scifi Toughguy

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:25 PM

My main problem is that its ugly. Visually uninspiring. Almost monochrome. (Bonus if you like halloween, this map is all orange and black)

#27 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:02 PM

I actually really like the map on Conquest games, but it is definitely unfun on Skirmish especially.
It will all come down to whether you're on the team that confidently takes the middle, or the one that clogs the entrances but never commits.

It actually makes me think that some maps should only be available on certain game modes; this one and Alpine are both pretty fun on Conquest, but I can't help but feel that one team always gets hosed in any other.

#28 Knighthawk26

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 131 posts
  • LocationBlack Forest

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

Yes, I did get to play Terra Therma once in the past week. I sort of miss it since I like missles and ballistic weapons. But the map layout was always awkward so I don't miss it too much.

And the conquest option is almost a forgotten relic as well.

I haven't seen the faster matchmaking times that the new voting system was supposed to produce. The delay from the time you click play till the time you actually drop is about the same.

#29 Scifi Toughguy

• PipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostKnighthawk26, on 16 November 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

I haven't seen the faster matchmaking times that the new voting system was supposed to produce. The delay from the time you click play till the time you actually drop is about the same.

Thats because a lot of people were in the CW queue trying to get the rewards for the event that happened over the weekend.

#30 Poggle

• PipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:23 AM

I played TF last night.

Yeh...I accidently splurged my accumlo vote on it by mistake :-(

#31 kanamisan

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:53 AM

I like the grim art style. but. I have seen it a few times the last few days. also been seeing alot of the jungle map. either way, the nice thing about the voting system is that it can give players the ability to pick such less played maps to spruce stuff up.

I like the grim art style. but. I have seen it a few times the last few days. also been seeing alot of the jungle map. either way, the nice thing about the voting system is that it can give players the ability to pick such less played maps to spruce stuff up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users