No Winter-wounds, waylay their path,
Hard they hold, to honor true,
The cold is cowed beneath their wrath.

The Hallowed Horn, heaves a call,
Yule-tidings echo, throughout the land,
Heroes hearken, from every hall,
Blood beckons, in bright demand

Posted Image

Once more I, the Mad Jarl of the Isengrim, return to announce and host another year of blood-sport in the name of the Winter-Gods beneath the cold northern sky.

Twice now we have earned great favor with the Hanged-God, who has seen fit to reward our faction with hallowed victories. So it is only right and just that we give him another offering of gore and toil in the new-born snow of this dying year.

The eyes of the Aesir are upon us. Their weapon-luck is with us and they hunger for new deeds of valor; we will not leave them un-sated.

This is the FRR's third annual Yule Tournament. Here are links to the previous two:
Yule 2013
Yule 2014

Hopefully we can make this year's blood-letting as successful and enjoyable as the last two years.

DATE:
Yule will be hold on the Saturday's of November 28th, December 5th and December 12th
NA TIMEZONES: 9PM EST, 8PM CST, 7PM MST, 6PM PST

All the preceding times are actually on Sunday the 29th, 6th and 13th.. at
EURO: 2AM GMT(London), 3AM CET(Berlin), 4AM EET(Helsinki), 5AM MSK(Moscow)
Oceanic Times: 1PM AEDT(Sydney, Australia), 12:30pm ACDT (Adelaide, Australia)

Where: The FRR Hub!

Duration: My goal is to have the Tournament run for around 2 hours each night. If you are less then an hour late, then its okay, I realize these times are tough to impossible for European units.

Format:
The Yule Tournament will be a double elimination tournament with an undefeated bracket and a one loss bracket. The undefeated bracket will be known as the Asgard bracket and the one loss bracket will be called the Midgard Bracket. Same way we've always done it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

RULES AND STUFF:

In an effort to streamline this event (least amount of down-time as possible), matches will be played on a first-come first-serve basis. That means if you two teams show up on time, we will have them play each other right then and there. This means that in the early portions of the tournament teams will not know who they are going to play, until right before the match starts.

After the first match ends we will put teams with one loss and one win into waiting rooms until we have another one win or one loss team available to play them. Then the 2 win team will go to a new waiting room and wait until another 2 win team is available to play. The one-loss one-win team will also wait for another one-loss one-win team to become available.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, I will answer any questions on it, but I believe that this will allow the matches to go at a much faster rate.

Matches:
Best out of three. The first team to win two games, wins the match.

Drops:
I am going to go ahead and trust the FRR here. The matches will just be 4v4. There will not be any observers in any of the early games unless specially requested and accepted by both teams, although I would love to get a few shoutcasters in the mix. It will be up to the teams to play fairly and to be honest about who won.

In a 4v4 drop the game goes live the moment their 'mechs start up, like in a normal match. No moving to grids prior to the start of the game. All game-types will be set to skirmish and an entire match will be fought on a single map.

I need every fourman team to try and have one person with Premium time on. If its absolutely impossible we can probably find an observer to drop with you, but that will take time - so please try to have a guy with Premium.

Maps:
Yggdrasil Bracket
The first match will be fought on Frozen City day.
The 2nd match will be fought on Forest Colony.
The 3rd match will be fought on HPG Manifold.
The 4th match will be fought on Alpine
The 5th Match will be fought on Mining Collective.
The 6th match will be fought on Frozen City Night.

Midgard Bracket:
The 1st Match will be Tourmaline;
The 2nd Match will be Caustic.
The 3rd Match will be River City.
The 4th Match will be on Canyon Network
The 5th Match will be on Viridian Bog.
The 6th Match will be on Forest Colony.

Please remember, each of these matches consist of multiple games. So every game in a match will be on the same map.

Mechs:
Inner Sphere Mechs only! Welcome to FRR, a faction in the Inner Sphere. If this upsets you, perhaps you should investigate moving to a Clan faction.

Teams of four, NO WEIGHT LIMIT. Instead one mech for each weight class. So ALL teams should have one light, one medium, one heavy and one assault. That is all, I don't care if you have the fattest of each class or the lightests, just make sure you have one of each.

Hero Mechs are OKAY.

Other Rules:
All consumables are OKAY. All builds (As long as they are IS) are OKAY! Bring pop-tarts and lrm boats and splash cats and whatever else you can think of. Odin doesn't much care how you win, so long as you do.

What does the Winner get?
Renown.
And a 20 dollar unseen mech pack sponsored by Rabtar's Raiders

HOW DO I APPLY FOR THIS AWESOME EVENT, MtD?

If you have four people willing to participate, and are aligned with the FRR, then make a reply here saying you want to play and what your team name is, and who will be on it. If a unit has 10 four-man lances who want to play, that is fine. If you are a lance that isn't part of any unit, but is clearly FRR aligned that too is fine.

There just needs to be four of you, one of you needs to have premium time, and you all need to be able to make the event times.

Subs are totally allowed, up to 50% of your team.

I want to help you MtD.
GOOD. I will need it.. send me a PM or talk to me in the FRR Hub.

At the moment that is all I got. Probably add more later as people remind me of things I forgot.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 06 November 2015 - 08:52 PM.

#2 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

I want to do it... but so costly to switch faction...

#3 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

3 dates and 4 am start. Makes it very hard for me to participate

#4 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

this sounds awesome! would love to join, but i just don't know how I'm going to rally up 3 people or anyone else in my unit. I hope i can get premium on thanksgiving. :D

#5 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

Damn I wish that I could participate but not aligned with FRR.....

#6 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostTheSilken, on 07 November 2015 - 05:24 PM, said:

Damn I wish that I could participate but not aligned with FRR.....

Well, there's an easy fix for that.

#7 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostSuperAtomicAirplane, on 07 November 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

Well, there's an easy fix for that.

You're right. I must beat the Jarl in single combat and then I will have earned the right to enter my troops into the tourny....

#8 PickleM0nster

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationScotland ,UK

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

Well the Europeans are getting screwed again!. 2am sunday morning...better things to do, like sleep!!

#9 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:26 PM

I would love this, but playing early morning on a sunday...probably not doable.

It's a pretty inconvenient time for europeans in general I'd guess, so you might miss some awesome european based teams that way, which is kinda sad since we're talking about a scandinavian theme and all and it would have been fun to represent with a Swedish group.

Don't take me wrong, you're awesome and this is awesome! If I can and someone want's to team up with me I might still decide to skip sleeping for it :)

#10 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

It would be a shame to lose our Euro brothers-in-arms due to timezone issues. Since it's a Saturday evening for pacific players, what would be the hurt in moving it ahead a couple hours so that it's more manageable for Europeans?

#11 EldenLance

• PipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 06:40 AM

We'd like to apply for this. (despite being screwed time-wise)

Team name is "Royal Harriers".

Main players will be:
EldenLance
Neyte
PaulFlip
Kazu1

Possible replacements are:
Elian
Docesh
Kyle Katarn <--this one is for the most dire situations

We are not of those who call themselves "competitive" meaning turnaments, because we are a CW oriented unit. We are fighting a war for the glory of FRR from the very start. But, we'd like to see what turnaments are all about and I find the 3rd Yule the most fitting occasion for us. (guess how often we use non IS mechs?)

So count us in. Though we'll probably be sleepy as hell.

#12 SuperAtomicAirplane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

View PostEldenLance, on 10 November 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

We are not of those who call themselves "competitive" ...But, we'd like to see what turnaments are all about and I find the 3rd Yule the most fitting occasion for us.

This. Yule is a great opportunity to try out competitive MWO in a fun and lighthearted environment. We're all FRR after all. Many players who regularly play in competitive leagues now got their start in Yule. Even if you find out it's not for you, I pretty much guarantee you will have a good time.

Edited by SuperAtomicAirplane, 10 November 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#13 Rabtar

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

Seems that Rabtar's Raiders want to sign up for this. I will update this post once we work just who will be on the primary team and who will be a substitute.

#14 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:56 PM

I'll see if the guys wanna do it

We'll switch to FRR obviously

#15 Top Gun Killer

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

F-M will take part in this event.. Any other info i might need to find out or how to join it ?

#16 Jarl Dane

• Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostcSand, on 10 November 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

I'll see if the guys wanna do it

We'll switch to FRR obviously

View PostUncle Russ, on 10 November 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

F-M will take part in this event.. Any other info i might need to find out or how to join it ?

Sorry, to be clear the FRR Yule tournament is only for teams who are part of the FRR community. Not guys who quickly change their faction to participate. =)

#17 Top Gun Killer

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:02 PM

lolz no comment...

#18 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:08 AM

View PostMech The Dane, on 11 November 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

Sorry, to be clear the FRR Yule tournament is only for teams who are part of the FRR community. Not guys who quickly change their faction to participate. =)

My unit (Black Knight Mercs) was considering participating in the tournament since we will be taking up a contract with the glorious and honorable Free Rasalhague Republic here today or tomorrow. Guess that will not happen though with your post here since we are not a part of the FRR community.

Edited by TheSilken, 12 November 2015 - 08:09 AM.

#19 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:22 PM

From what I understand The Yule tournaments is a chance for us FRR loyalist units to bash each others heads in once a year. It's nothing personal.

#20 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

Yea my merc unit would obliterate you real FRR units anyway so it's for the best. Wouldn't wanna ruin the party ;)

The plan failed. lol. Good luck with your tournament Mech and Taro I hope everyone is able to make it and plays some exciting matches. Best of luck.

Edited by TheSilken, 12 November 2015 - 01:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users