[Trial Of Grievance] Repasy Challenges Soy To Honourable Combat!

78 replies to this topic

#1 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

A CALL TO TRIAL. JUSTICE THROUGH COMBAT.

My disagreements with Soy have gone on far enough. After the Grand Council jettisoned the debate in question, I thought the issue was resolved. However, Soy has continued to harass myself unreasonably. His last communication was one of violence (he told me to go off myself), and therefore a breach of Clan law.

I now call for a Trial of Grievance, so that this disagreement may be settled in honourable combat!

I have created an outline, seen below, detailing the restrictions of this Trial:

1: The location of combat shall be decided jointly by combatants and a third party voting panel. (i)Each combatant may bid for, in alternating sequence, three locations, including the size and location of the Circle of Equals (COE - it does not have to be a perfect circle). (ii)The COE may include the entire map, or a small portion (such as the platform on Terra Therma). (iii)Each bidded map location must be unique. (iv)The final list of six locations shall be voted on by the panel. The location with top votes shall become the designated dueling location.

2: The size of force shall be agreed upon by the combatants. Since this agreement concerns only Soy and myself, I believe 1vs1 is appropriate.

3: Combatants shall deploy in their most frequently used Clan 'mech. (i)If this results in an imbalance of weight class, the voting panel shall decide on a chassis that lies appropriately between the weight classes in question. (ii)Any variant of that chassis will be acceptable for use.

4: Combatants are restricted from the use of the following:
  • (i)Area-of-Effect (AOE) ordinance is forbidden from use.
  • (ii)TAG may not be used.
5: The Trial shall be fought under the strict code of Zellbrigen. (i)As such, combatants shall be penalized for the following actions during combat. (ii)Excessive penalization shall warrant a demotion in the combatant's rank of their unit, and render the Trial forfeit. (iii)(NOTE - the first three actions may be forgiven in tactically appropriate situations):
  • (iv)Intentionally moving out of the line of sight of the opponent. (Includes excessive use of buildings, trees, rocks, and/or terrain elevation as a cover for the opponent's fire, and excessive circling to the opponents rear.)
  • (v)Intentionally moving out of the weapons range of the opponent. (Once inside an opponents weapon range, you are restricted from moving out of that range.)
  • (vi)Failure to fire a weapon at the opponent if capable of doing so.
  • (vii)Leaving the COE at any time, whether accidental or intentional, shall result in shameful defeat.
6: A destroyed 'mech will be sold (weapons, equipment, modules, EVERYTHING). (i)As such, the limited Invasion chassis and the Champion TBR-C(C) are restricted from use. (ii)The applicable combatants must include a video post of them selling their chassis. (iii)Failure to do so will label the combatant dezgra. (iv)In the event that a combatant attempts to throw the game or render it void by excessive penalization, the combatant will still be required to sell their chassis, with video post of the action included.

7: The official date of the Trial shall be decided by the combatants. (i)In the event that combatants have their chassis dictated per section 3.i, a minimum two week grace period will be given for combatants to (re)familiarize with the mech before the Trial takes place. (ii)In the event that a combatant experiences excessive lag interfering with their performance, the Trial will be rescheduled. (iii)The combatants will agree to notify that they are having performance problems before the start of combat. (iv)Failure to do so will result in section 7.ii being rendered void.

~

I, Star Colonel Repasy Cooper, extend this challenge publicly to Soy. My most frequently used Clan 'mech is the Timber Wolf. As I am the challenging party, I will extend to Soy the courtesy of first pick in the bid for location. Soy's response signifies that he understands and accepts the outlined rules of the Trial. Failure to do so signifies that Soy has accepted loss of honour to protect his precious 'mech. I hereby swear upon Kerensky that I will fight with all my strength and put my own honour on the line. Should I be defeated, I am prepared to follow through with scrapping my 'mech.

Your move, Soy...

Edited by Repasy, 06 November 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#2 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

So, if any of us are betting folk, should the odds be 3 to 1? :ph34r:

#3 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:41 PM

And to think THESE people almost overtook the Inner Sphere...

• (v)Intentionally moving out of the weapons range of the opponent. (Once inside an opponents weapon range, you are restricted from moving out of that range.)

These are Amaris levels of stupidity. Kerensky is probably rolling in his grave by now.

#4 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostJohn McHobo, on 06 November 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

These are Amaris levels of stupidity. Kerensky is probably rolling in his grave by now.

That is simply part of the clan trial rituals. The idea is honorable combat. Turning your back, striking your opponent when they cannot fight back [ie back is turned] things of that nature, are not "honorable"

Which, hey, fair enough. So, when's this happening, because I totally want to spectate this.

#5 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

View PostFlash Frame, on 06 November 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

That is simply part of the clan trial rituals. The idea is honorable combat. Turning your back, striking your opponent when they cannot fight back [ie back is turned] things of that nature, are not "honorable"

Which, hey, fair enough. So, when's this happening, because I totally want to spectate this.

Depends on when/IF Soy accepts my challenge.

It's in his best interests to accept these terms. After all the **** he PM me, he doesn't get to avoid this Trial with his honour intact.

View PostJohn McHobo, on 06 November 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

As Flash Frame stated, it's a matter of Clan tradition and personal honour. These restrictions both increase the stakes for a Trial AND act as a sort of deterrent for engaging in a Trial in the first place.

The Clans are very frugal when it comes to military forces (to life in general, actually...). This is largely in part due to the sparse resources available in Clan space. The dire need to restrict conflicts to ensure minimal waste and avoid collateral damage resulted in the tradition of Zellbrigen. The Trials, batchall and Grand Council also resulted from this. Over time, these traditions developed a strong sense of honour amongst the Warrior Caste.

Edited by Repasy, 06 November 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#6 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

If it happens, post a vid, would be fun to watch.

Dont know either of you personally, but I know Soy is a good pilot, from matches ive seen him in, his Tier 1 status doesnt surprise me.

#7 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:27 PM

Good luck with getting this off the ground. I tried to set something of a similar nature up a year or so ago and had very little luck.

Excellent write up though, would make a great vid. Please post to YouTube if possible.

#8 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:38 PM

Soy is a formidable player.

Pretty sure he will tell you to play for accounts or get lost

#9 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Upon further review the whole "playing for pink slips" (selling of losing Mechs) is an excellent twist on what I had previously seen and used as a basis for Clanner Trials.

Great idea.

#10 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 06 November 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

PGI will not permanently remove accounts and does not allow trading accounts, so how do they plan to do this?

Edited by Ed Steele, 06 November 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#11 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

It is all just Bravado my friend... In the best traditiona of pre-match trash talking. No PGI CoC violation intended IMO.

#12 Chados

• 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:31 PM

The man has style. I respect that.

#13 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:34 PM

Pretty sure PGI would tell someone to get lost if they made those demands of another player.

#14 SgtSkullShatter

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2015 - 01:27 PM

I challenge you to a friendly, no-stakes zellbringen on the account of that last match we played haha :P
I am too broke to be selling any mechs atm :wacko:

#15 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostSgtSkullShatter, on 07 November 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

I challenge you to a friendly, no-stakes zellbringen on the account of that last match we played haha :P
I am too broke to be selling any mechs atm :wacko:

:P I'm down with that. At this point, it doesn't look like Soy is going to defend his honour, he has ceased communications with me.

Since there will be no stakes, all Clan variants are acceptable. What chassis do you intend to pilot?

#16 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:02 PM

He tried to do that with me but backed down when he realized that he couldn't have everything his way. He's all talk and no show; he'll only fight if he can dictate all the terms. I really doubt that he will even take Repasy up on this.

@Repasy: Now that's the way to issue a duel challenge! Good luck with Soy though; he's the most intractable and disagreeable person I ever met. I'm not sure that any duel is worth having to deal with him personally.

#17 SgtSkullShatter

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 83 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:17 PM

Most excellent. Thanks for the fights! Had fun ;)

Edited by SgtSkullShatter, 07 November 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#18 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:34 AM

Soy might lose interweb Honor?...I can only imagine how horrified he must be.

What ever you do, don't take offense to my response, I would hate to lose my honor as well.

Edited by Pat Kell, 08 November 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#19 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 08 November 2015 - 03:34 AM, said:

I would hate to lose my honor as well.

What are you talking there? I bought yours at the pawn shop ..

#20 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

Haha, this I like. You Clanners always had the right idea when it comes to resolving dumb arguments.

I've wasted most of my funds on upgrading IS 'Mechs I never play, but I got myself a stock Warhawk recently I haven't upgraded yet since I've been trying to sit out the voting system. I'd be down for a Zellbringen-style throwdown, though.

If a few people are up to it, we could full fight club. 4 'Mechs enter, and the winners of their respective Zellbringen have to go at each other as-is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users