I Feel Sorry For The Ngng Folks.

66 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

I honestly feel sorry for that the NGNG Guys are victims of the Fallout that bad decisionmaking of PGI inflicts.
I truly believe you Guys have the best intentions and for a long time i highly apreciated your Podcasts and Twitchstreams.
I hope things will normalize with some good decisions made in the near future!

Sincerely

Thorqemada

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

What happened? Something I miss?

I'm all for support NGNG and have watched their streams a few times though I rather play than watch.

#3 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:26 PM

Aye, as am I.

Though they also tend to cop a lot of unfair hate from the reddits just due to their position. It seems a lot of people just look to whoever is most public and prevalent and if they have any sort of association with PGI, god help them.

#4 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:30 PM

I love the fact that NGNG posts everything I can't watch and appreciate the effort. I guess, in their position, it's inevitable that they would be loyalists. Russ is insecure and will lash out at anyone who doesn't fall into his 'least amount of effort to get the job kinda done' mentality, so they are left with two options: Stroke the ego of Russ or be banned from the circle of favoritism. Can't really blame them for their behavior.

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

I thought they were banked by pgi. Would explain how they get access to do previews of comming-out-soon mechs.

#6 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

Really past marketing they have done nothing for the game itself but serve their self interests. A long time ago I watched their vids till I noticed that they blatantly viloate the rules and promote exploits. It's been brought up here before many times.

They are the worst.

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

Ngng is no different to me than any other group. We have lots of them here with more members. Why ngng is held higher I have no idea.

#8 Thorqemada

• 6,365 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:18 PM

Bcs they are the most "Visible"...

#9 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:29 PM

NGNG is a large part of the problem. PGI relies on NGNG to be its testers and those people aren't qualified to run a lemonade stand.

Edited by Kristian Radoulov, 06 November 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#10 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:44 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 06 November 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

Bcs they are the most "Visible"...
To be fair, because they worked to be visible, to provide a service to the community. I get peoples complaints, and am not arguing the validity of them either way...

But PGI supported them because they worked to promote MWO.

#11 Bonger Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationPerth, WA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:54 PM

customer service job is avail at PGI according to their website, any takers ???

#12 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:00 PM

Uhhh, this again, from several of the comments above. Clarification necessary.

PGI has nothing to do with NGNG, does not pay NGNG, and NGNG is not affiliated in any way with PGI. Sean Lang and Bombadil both individually do contract work for PGI, such as the official preview videos and such, but just because those two people get paid by PGI doesn't mean that the entirety of NGNG is involved with PGI in any way. It's just two people doing double-duty. Now, you're free to interpret that as you like, but those are the facts.

#13 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

View PostTarogato, on 06 November 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

Uhhh, this again, from several of the comments above. Clarification necessary.

PGI has nothing to do with NGNG, does not pay NGNG, and NGNG is not affiliated in any way with PGI. Sean Lang and Bombadil both individually do contract work for PGI, such as the official preview videos and such, but just because those two people get paid by PGI doesn't mean that the entirety of NGNG is involved with PGI in any way. It's just two people doing double-duty. Now, you're free to interpret that as you like, but those are the facts.

So the two top dogs of ngng get their rice bowl from pgi

We then expect ngng not to at least adhere to 'gaming journo' standards?

Ngng is a marketing arm of pgi...

#14 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

feel sry for what?

#15 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

So....what happened?

#16 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:24 PM

I think NGNG is fine. Some times I agree with them and some times I do not. If more people should have access to PGI like many people complain about is another issue. Its a PGI issue not an NGNG issue.

#17 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 06 November 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

I honestly feel sorry for that the NGNG Guys are victims of the Fallout that bad decisionmaking of PGI inflicts.
I truly believe you Guys have the best intentions and for a long time i highly apreciated your Podcasts and Twitchstreams.
I hope things will normalize with some good decisions made in the near future!

Sincerely

Thorqemada

Don't worry about them hearing bad things. Their heads are so deeply up PGIs colon that they can't hear anything.

#18 badaa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

so what im getting is ngng said something that got some one butthurt and thats whats this thread is about?

#19 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostXetelian, on 06 November 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

What happened? Something I miss?

I'm all for support NGNG and have watched their streams a few times though I rather play than watch.

View Postbadaa, on 06 November 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

feel sry for what?

View PostMakenzie71, on 06 November 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

So....what happened?

View Postbadaa, on 06 November 2015 - 05:31 PM, said:

so what im getting is ngng said something that got some one butthurt and thats whats this thread is about?

#20 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

It's only the top two NGNG guys that are primarily responsible. The rest are just a fanbase.

If you've ever compared MWO to other games regarding community... doesn't it strike anyone as odd that NGNG is the ONLY one that gets love.. while other games have MULTIPLE fan sources AND dev interaction?

The thing about "controlling" the media is that if you feel like you are "being offended" or "wrongly accused", you limit your sources of communication. It doesn't mean it's a good idea.. you have to communicate to ALL platforms (within reason) and take the good AND THE BAD.

The thing PGI lacks in that respect is that they don't take constructive criticism... or take it well. It's EASY to retweet all the positive stuff you get your way.. but it's actually MORE IMPORTANT to retweet/respond to legit criticisms that exist.

In a manner of speaking, the only form of fan media that is connected to PGI is NGNG. The fact that this has been more true than ever (there were more sources back in Closed/Open Beta) indicates a more core issue with PGI and its communication.

Blaming NGNG as a whole is wrong. The most responsible NGNG members are the ones getting paid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users