Map And Mode Voting; Poll

191 replies to this topic

Poll: Map and Mode Voting? Poll (606 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about the new Map and Mode voting system?

1. Map and Mode voting should stay (159 votes [26.24%])

Percentage of vote: 26.24%

2. Only Map voting should stay (95 votes [15.68%])

Percentage of vote: 15.68%

3. Only Game Mode voting should stay (15 votes [2.48%])

Percentage of vote: 2.48%

4. I think BOTH Map and Mode voting should be REMOVED (337 votes [55.61%])

Percentage of vote: 55.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:37 AM

The cool thing about the "PUG Units" is, they would eventually train up and become cohesive, or they would move to other units, or they would simply leave the game. At this point, with as low as the population for this game is purported to be -things I've heard often, but not sure if I trust-, those who would leave because they were "forced" into a unit for a game universe that is supposed to be unit-centric, and a web site and game that are supposed to be mercenary unit-centric is, I suspect, a pretty small number.

In the past, with ALL other 3rd party leagues -remember, there have only been two games that carried their own leagues for BattleTech, and that was MPBT: 3025 and MWO-, EVERYONE understood you were part of a unit, or you didn't play, period. Why the hell everyone who wants to continue playing solo feels so entitled now, and why PGI continues to produce a game designed for the single-player more importantly than the unit, I just don't know. It's non-sensical.

#182 Deck of Many Things

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

I don't mind map voting, but mode voting is annoying to me. I don't see why I should be forced into conquest.

#183 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

I see that the stupid voting garbage is still active.What a waste

#184 McBrahman

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 01:25 AM

I haven't played MWO for a year or so.

Now you have this very nice voting system installed. it's one of the best parts of MWO.
  • As a player you are part of the decision, which map and mode is coming next.
  • You wont end up with a map no one wants to play on. (or at least not with the current mech)
  • No fixt map cycles or back-box-robots.
  • fast match finding. better play a map you like second best, than waiting 20 min for your favorit one.
  • if you just like the strange maps, save your votes and make it happen
And it is interactive, so if voting is:

Map A: 35%

Map B: 20% (<- my vote)

Map C: 25%

I can still change my vote to Map C to avoid Map A - brilliant!

It is like having a discussion about the next map in a very efficient way.

Up to this point i would recomend to use this system on all democratic elections.

This System has just one big con: People will not always vote the maps i like best Posted Image

#185 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

map voting is not worth it, as it seems only the maps some hate the most is chosen, such as the Bog & terratherma.

Edited by VinJade, 09 January 2016 - 01:48 AM.

#186 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

I never thought that map/mode voting was needed as I like the randomness of a stage select, as well as the game mode. Overall, here's my opinion of where the game is; the nerfs of last update(with the exception of ecm), were not needed, and the flamers which did need a buff didn't get it. Game could use more weapons, there are plenty of mechs already.

Suggestions of weapons to add for both sides (each have suggested stats):

Clan:

-Plasma cannon: 600 Max Range, 300 Optimal Range, 20 damage, deals heat to enemy mech, longest cooldown, 10 tons.

Inner Sphere:

-Inferno Rocket Launcher: 2000 M, deals heat to enemy mech, only 1 damage, short cooldown, 500 velocity, 5 heat, 8 tons.
-Heavy Rocket Launcher: 2000 M, 20 damage, short cooldown, 500 velocity, can cause overheating fast at 10 heat, 8 tons.
-Long Tom (From many past MechWarrior games): 2000M, 35 damage, slower velocity, heat 15, long cooldown, and high tonnage at 18 tons.
-Continuous beam laser: deals 1 damage, 900 max range, 450 optimal, unlimited duration(until you overheat),1 heat, same tonnage as ER large laser.

Need consumables such as some kind of aircraft that would have minimal weaponary/health and would stay around your mech as an ally until it is destroyed, if you are destroyed first before the aircraft, it would then target nearest enemy. Having a consumable call a dropship in would be nice too. It would work like airstrike, comes in, attacks once, then leaves. It would have to cost more c-bills or mc obviously.

New Armors:

-Reflective Armor which is a situational armor that takes less damage from energy weapons, takes regular from other weapons.
-Reactive Armor would take more from energy, and less from ammunition type weapons.

Finally, remove minimum heat sinks, because all mechs have to have engines, and the engines have heat sinks already, that can be the minimum.

Edited by Independence MK2, 09 January 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#187 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

I liked random mode/map as that way it didn't create some tiny form of tension between some players even if it is unspoken.
we know people voted for a mode some really hate and at the moment the hate seems to be directed towards(and rightly so) domn which is one of the most broken modes out there.

in a high or drunken moment they changed the timer from 3 to 1 minute making it a true fast mech mode(I don't even see the need for heavy & assaults to be involved) because of the stupidity shown by russ and the others who came up with this mode.

now we see players who are refusing to take part in the main part of the mode and instead choosing to take out the enemy A&B points instead just to spite those who chose the mode.

As they always like to say 'you chose it you play it' and I cannot say I disagree with them but I will not condone it ether.
and yes I counted at the very least ten different players who vocally announced that in different matches.

Though I think the reason they go after A&B points is so that they would not be breaking any rules even if it is just barely.

#188 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:19 PM

The problem is that the opinion of 74% of the player base don't matter as long as they still play the game.

#189 Elendil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 03:49 PM

I think the mode voting is okay, but the map voting is awful. Everyone just votes based on their heat dissipation and tactical needs.
High heat vote for cold maps, low heat for hot maps (to screw the high heat people), snipers vote for open maps, brawlers vote for maps with cover, etc.
That's partially true for the mode, but mostly people just vote against the modes they hate. Which means they vote for Skirmish whenever possible.

Not that my opinion matters of course, since I'm part of the 74%

#190 SoulReaver7500

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 29 April 2016 - 01:19 PM, said:

The problem is that the opinion of 74% of the player base don't matter as long as they still play the game.

Basically, whatever russ bullock decides to do, we bend over and take it. Even though it is destroying the game.

#191 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:31 PM

i cannot believe this shitfest is still going, i need to unsubscribe..

#192 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:05 AM

@Zud
if you didn't like it then you don't need to say anything, just do it.

@Soul
to be honest Russ isn't exactly the best person to have behind the wheel as it seems he lets money talk and his bias against the Clans cloud his judgement(Dee stated Russ admitted that he hates the Clans and it shows at times).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users