6 replies to this topic

#1 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:57 AM

Interestingly, the Dragons got some quite diverse quirks concerning armor/struct and infotech, so I will list them separately.

1N - the basic variant
  • Additional Armor (full body) +6
  • Additional Struc (full body) +9
  • Sensor Range +150
  • Target Retention Time +1
  • Target Acquistion Delay (neg) +0.75
  • ---
  • Sensor Range: 750
  • T.A.R. 450 MS (sic!)
FANG
  • Target Acquistion Delay (neg) +1.25
  • ---
  • Sensor Range: 600
  • T.A.R. 250 MS
FLAME
  • Target Acquistion Delay (neg) +1.25
  • ---
  • T.A.R. 250 MS
1C
  • ---
  • T.A.R. 250 MS
5N
  • Additional Armor (full body) +16 (sic!)
  • Additional Struc (full body) +21 (sic!)
  • Sensor Range +150
  • Target Retention Time +1
  • Target Acquistion Delay (neg) +0.75
  • ---
  • Sensor Range: 750
  • T.A.R. 450 MS (sic!)
Obviously, PGI tried to vary the Dragons in durability and infotech abilities very much. I have not seen another heavy chassis that has that huge differences between the variants.

From a lore perspective I somewhat like the 5N modifiers (which was the variant which paved the way to the Grand Dragon later on) but I think the 1C and FLAME should really have more armor/struct quirks since the hardpoints are so bad. In general the armor buffs could all be on par with the 5N, since the Dragon features very bad hitboxes.

#2 suit1337

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:40 AM

the FLAME hardpoints are well suited, no change needed here

but it seems the Dragon 1N is now a bit useless:
https://mwomercs.com...rk%20Values.pdf

the AC/5 quirks were nerfed down drastically and to compensate that, the gave him additional armor

form my expierience this is not needed - the Dragon has such a huge CT that torso twisting won't protect it - in almost any match a dragon dies, i gets cored

the dragon should be a powerful striker with low armor - if you want to be very fast, use an XL engine at the risk of losing a side torso - but currently you can run an xl engine no matter what because you get cored anyways - remove the armor quirks from the sides and arms and move it to the center

#3 no1337

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

agree, dragon is not overlay played and no op at all. One aimed shot on the weapon arm and mech is trash. Nerfing the AC5 is not a good idea. In particular, this mech requires a lot of skill.

This mech is fine as it is.

#4 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

View Postno1337, on 16 November 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

One aimed shot on the weapon arm and mech is trash.

Unless it's the 1C. In that case the Right Arm is either bait or unused 90% of the time. Still doesn't save it, especially after they nerfed the second LT's slot location.

Random stupid idea: Stupid massive buff to CT, same to no quirks to elsewhere. Still needs XL to be a valid choice dps wise. Suddenly my "inverted twisting" tactic (twist to CT at "all" times) that has made me stay effective longer then any other Dragon pilot I've even seen since open beta starts becoming at least a choice at higher brackets.

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Postno1337, on 16 November 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

agree, dragon is not overlay played and no op at all. One aimed shot on the weapon arm and mech is trash. Nerfing the AC5 is not a good idea. In particular, this mech requires a lot of skill.

This mech is fine as it is.

You're talking about the 1N, there are other dragons out there too.

I don't think the 1N is fine at all.
If it's outfitted with 2 ac5 it should behave like 2 ac5 and not 4 ac5. A buff is okay, but the current 1N is way over the top.
It's either go dual ac5 or go home right now, and that shouldn't be.
Remember the last time you've seen a dragon who fought with missiles and lasers after it's AC arm got wrecked? Me neither.

#6 no1337

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 08:08 PM

Well, but then, what makes the 1N special in contrast to others*? The thing is to make mechs unique and i think the 1N is right now. nerfing it and giving armor buffs is not the right way towards this.*edit: like jagermech

Edited by no1337, 19 November 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#7 DarkonFullPower

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:19 PM

View PostLOADED, on 19 November 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Remember the last time you've seen a dragon who fought with missiles and lasers after it's AC arm got wrecked?

*raises hand*
As the post above you stated, my 1C Dragon is not only my main, but it's AC arm is ALWAYS bait.

Edited by DarkonFullPower, 25 November 2015 - 03:20 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users