Where Are The Clanners?

57 replies to this topic

#1 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

When i last stopped playing some time after the initial release of CW, the clans had taken most of the FRR and everytime i dropped, i would almost always end up in a full deck of CGB players which almost always had a few 4 mans mixed in it. Matches were usually a lot of fun (after the dumb waiting period).

Now i look at the map and it seems that most of the clanner territory in the FRR has been lost?

On sunday i dropped in 7 matches on 3 different planets and i kept running into about 75% clan wolf players with the rest being made up of the other clans, and it was always a 12 man IS team vs a random clanner pub team that quickly degenerated into spawncamping. I didn't see a single 4 clanner 4 man in any of the matches. On average it took more than 15 minutes of waiting to get a game going, and the longest i had to wait was close to 30 minutes. None of the IS teams i asked were encountering any organized clanner opposition either, they were only running into clanner pub teams.

Ive tried dropping several more times since then, but i havent seen ANY clanner 4 mans and it just turns into a pointless spawncamping match.

Nobody seems to be using faction chat and nobody has responded any time i tried to use it. I haven't seen any clanners on the offense in CW at all....the only clanners ive seen are in the defence queue (although that might be due to a bug, CW seems to be listing clanners as defenders for a FRR planet for some reason).

What's going on? Is there a massive clanner boycott of CW or something? What happened to the 100% CGB teams full of experienced players that i was dropping with? I wasnt even using teamspeak or anything to organize matches, those were random matches i was queing for.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 10 November 2015 - 08:07 PM.

#2 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:05 AM

So does nobody have any idea or....?

#3 InsaneRotta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 104 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInside a cheap barely functioning dropship.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:42 AM

I don't have a good deck to play CW properly yet, but what I'm gatherin is that CW is quite dead nowadays. Maybe the current event will spark some interest...

#4 Cox Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:06 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 13 November 2015 - 03:05 AM, said:

So does nobody have any idea or....?

I've seen 250+ CW players of Jade Falcons today. 30 of them were in attack queue and the rest 220-230 were defending.
Some of them were experienced, most of them weren't. It's okay. Some clan people had moved to IS factions to get some LP while we all know the global map will be reset this winter. You can see many people changing their "home" faction these days.
By the way RCGB didn't play this week. (Fallout 4 release is the reason maybe? I'm not sure.)
A part of TCAF has been moved to CGB yesterday (TCSF). So it's okay the people moving from faction to faction till cw-beta-2 is not over yet.
Well, I don't think you've got to worry about that.

#5 O O P S I E

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:26 AM

Community warfare is far from dead and is actually the quickest way you can accumulate c-bills in the game at the moment. But as the name suggests, this game mode is all about grouping up with others and coordinating your tactics. For this reason you really should find out the details for the teamspeak servers for your faction (forum search) and see if there are any groups you can play with.

In the FRR we have a friendly bunch of people on the FRR hub who are willing to take inexperienced players in the group so that they may learn the skills required to be successful in CW. Our ts3 details are frrts3.tk:9725 password Dragon (with a capital D). There are often 3-4 groups playing CW during the evening and often spaces will come free in groups so put yourself in LFG and also the LFG channel on the teamspeak server so that we can pick you up. The FRR's recent expansion in the galaxy is a direct result of the community we have established on the FRR hub so come along, let people know you need to gain experience and you will find a lot of people willing to help you with good advice. I cannot tell you how much my impression of CW has changed since I joined the FRR and got on their teamspeak server.

Solo dropping in CW really does suck most of the time, long queues and lots of waiting around just to be the victim of a 12-man turkey shoot. We do see people solo dropping against us and then getting upset or calling cheat because they just ran out in front of an organised group and got focused by several mechs, killing them instantly. I always recommend the same thing to these guys, and I also implore you, find the teamspeak server for your faction and find a group, then you'll find out how much fun CW can be!

#6 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:30 AM

Well, when CW first came out, games looked like this : http://i.imgur.com/tylrrd1.jpg

Now it looks like this : http://i.imgur.com/1LNLaR0.jpg

View PostKernelOops, on 13 November 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Community warfare is far from dead and is actually the quickest way you can accumulate c-bills in the game at the moment. But as the name suggests, this game mode is all about grouping up with others and coordinating your tactics. For this reason you really should find out the details for the teamspeak servers for your faction (forum search) and see if there are any groups you can play with.

In the FRR we have a friendly bunch of people on the FRR hub who are willing to take inexperienced players in the group so that they may learn the skills required to be successful in CW. Our ts3 details are frrts3.tk:9725 password Dragon (with a capital D). There are often 3-4 groups playing CW during the evening and often spaces will come free in groups so put yourself in LFG and also the LFG channel on the teamspeak server so that we can pick you up. The FRR's recent expansion in the galaxy is a direct result of the community we have established on the FRR hub so come along, let people know you need to gain experience and you will find a lot of people willing to help you with good advice. I cannot tell you how much my impression of CW has changed since I joined the FRR and got on their teamspeak server.

Solo dropping in CW really does suck most of the time, long queues and lots of waiting around just to be the victim of a 12-man turkey shoot. We do see people solo dropping against us and then getting upset or calling cheat because they just ran out in front of an organised group and got focused by several mechs, killing them instantly. I always recommend the same thing to these guys, and I also implore you, find the teamspeak server for your faction and find a group, then you'll find out how much fun CW can be!

But it wasnt necessary to jump through the hoops to get a decent game when CW first came out. Why did things change?

#7 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:40 AM

Try to go to attack. Lots of pre-made teams are going to attack, so you will oppose them if you are defending.

#8 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:55 AM

But i never see any clanners on the offence. For example, as i type this post, there are only 12 clanners defending, 0 on offence.

#9 O O P S I E

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:57 AM

The pictures you posted explain the change. As more people group up together and use a ts server the balance will shift in that direction. The people in solo queues will become more and more disgruntled with the game and at getting destroyed by an organised group. Eventually they will probably stop playing CW. Personally I really don't like coming up against solo players as it is too easy, I will even stop drop-commanding to give the opposition a chance. I would much rather come up against a MS/KCom/BMMU group because I know I will get a good fight.

I also believe the "Call to arms" notifications don't help the game much. As soon as an organised group goes on the attack of a planet, players of a particular faction will get a call to defend. So you get 12 unsuspecting guys think "yeah, I'll give that a go" only to be destroyed pitifully. Those 12 guys then get angry and annoyed with CW complaining that it is unbalanced and no longer want to play it.

I think PGI could do a little more to promote co-operation on teamspeak servers, it would certainly help the CW arena retain a good player base.

#10 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 13 November 2015 - 04:55 AM, said:

But i never see any clanners on the offence. For example, as i type this post, there are only 12 clanners defending, 0 on offence.

Try to swap to Jade Falcons for a month (for example).
51 are attacking at this moment.

JFs are huge faction now. GB isn't. When you are going to attack, you need 11 more GB players who's willing to attack too.
In the other hand defending can be mixed with 4 clan factions. You cannot attack a planet with Clan Wolf or Smoke Jaguars. Only GB are allowed.

#11 O O P S I E

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:24 AM

View PostCox Devalis, on 13 November 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

JFs are huge faction now. GB isn't. When you are going to attack, you need 11 more GB players who's willing to attack too.
In the other hand defending can be mixed with 4 clan factions. You cannot attack a planet with Clan Wolf or Smoke Jaguars. Only GB are allowed.

Perhaps removing this limitation would also improve the CW experience for clanners? I see no reason not to allow the different clanners to attack IS planets together. This would at least allow people to play the clan faction of their choice rather than being forced to play Jade Falcons/Clan Wolf because that is where all the players are. You are right, Clan Smoke Jag and Ghost Bear do seem a bit dead right now, so why not let them join on the attack with the Wolf/Falcon counterparts?

#12 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:27 AM

Community Warfare is a ever repeating cycle of the same game mode with no real impact on anything. A lot of players have simply had enough with the lack of content and the way balance has swung. currently CW is dead. Lets see what phase 3 brings.

#13 O O P S I E

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:35 AM

View PostPhil Ambush, on 13 November 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Community Warfare is a ever repeating cycle of the same game mode with no real impact on anything. A lot of players have simply had enough with the lack of content and the way balance has swung. currently CW is dead. Lets see what phase 3 brings.

But surely you could say the same about public drops? In fact, with the different CW game modes (attack, defend, counter-attack) you could argue that the play-styles adopted for each mode provide more variance than public game modes at the moment. What is it about CW that puts you off?

#14 VATER

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEYE OF TERROR

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:55 AM

I for my part have not touched CW in quite a while and I will not touch it until PGI manages to put some meaning into it. Logistics and the like, better mapdesign, etc.

CW is a stale repetition of squeezing your team through chokepoints, or defending said chokepoints for what? Clan Wolf had Terra surrounded for months now, but there is simply no meaning to it.

I do not place a lot of hope into phase 3, because key-elements of a community-warfare system are simply non-existant.

#15 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 13 November 2015 - 06:14 AM

Agreed on the map design. If its all gonna be just 2 drop zones, 2-3 passages with 2-3 gates, im totally not interested in playing it.

#16 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

Honestly just depends on the day. Once in a while ComWar is just dead, but in my experience no longer than for a day, maybe two before it picks up again. Who knows what causes this? People have other priorities, play other games. Every time a new super hyped game comes out (HALO 5, Fallout 4, Black Ops 3), guaranteed to see a dip in population.

What I do like about this game, however, is despite that a lot of the community always comes back to this game, regardless of whether they praise it like Ghandi or condemn it like {Godwin's Law}.

#17 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:08 AM

View PostCox Devalis, on 13 November 2015 - 05:05 AM, said:

Thats odd, earlier today i dropped on an attacking clanner force that was comprised of several clans. Of course, we ended up being matchd against a 12 man so it didn't matter whether we were attacking or not.

Maybe different clans can attack the same planet, but it just needs to be within their attacking range?

And where did all the CGB players go?

So from what i gathered the premade teams on both sides are mainly attacking so they never get matched against each other? This sounds really stupid...it's like pre-matchmaking MWO when we had nothing but 8 mans vs randoms.

PGI really needs to start putting randoms vs randoms only for CW as well.

It's a CW weekend event right now but most of my CW matches are still pointless pub stomps. Considering that a match takes more than 30 minutes if you include waiting time, this is a huge waste of time.

#18 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

Again, if you're concerned about pugs versus 12-mans, refer to this topic.

http://mwomercs.com/...enough-whining/

#19 Nev12

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

I'm here. :3

#20 Aiden Skye

• Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:51 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 14 November 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Thats odd, earlier today i dropped on an attacking clanner force that was comprised of several clans. Of course, we ended up being matchd against a 12 man so it didn't matter whether we were attacking or not.

Maybe different clans can attack the same planet, but it just needs to be within their attacking range?

And where did all the CGB players go?

So from what i gathered the premade teams on both sides are mainly attacking so they never get matched against each other? This sounds really stupid...it's like pre-matchmaking MWO when we had nothing but 8 mans vs randoms.

PGI really needs to start putting randoms vs randoms only for CW as well.

It's a CW weekend event right now but most of my CW matches are still pointless pub stomps. Considering that a match takes more than 30 minutes if you include waiting time, this is a huge waste of time.

Life is rough playing CW for ghostbear. No organized teams playing ghostbear. Not to mention this event is bringing out pugs who have no idea what they are doing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users