#21 Kalamity27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts
  • LocationEST

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostKernelOops, on 13 November 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Community warfare is far from dead and is actually the quickest way you can accumulate c-bills in the game at the moment. But as the name suggests, this game mode is all about grouping up with others and coordinating your tactics. For this reason you really should find out the details for the teamspeak servers for your faction (forum search) and see if there are any groups you can play with.

In the FRR we have a friendly bunch of people on the FRR hub who are willing to take inexperienced players in the group so that they may learn the skills required to be successful in CW. Our ts3 details are frrts3.tk:9725 password Dragon (with a capital D). There are often 3-4 groups playing CW during the evening and often spaces will come free in groups so put yourself in LFG and also the LFG channel on the teamspeak server so that we can pick you up. The FRR's recent expansion in the galaxy is a direct result of the community we have established on the FRR hub so come along, let people know you need to gain experience and you will find a lot of people willing to help you with good advice. I cannot tell you how much my impression of CW has changed since I joined the FRR and got on their teamspeak server.

Solo dropping in CW really does suck most of the time, long queues and lots of waiting around just to be the victim of a 12-man turkey shoot. We do see people solo dropping against us and then getting upset or calling cheat because they just ran out in front of an organised group and got focused by several mechs, killing them instantly. I always recommend the same thing to these guys, and I also implore you, find the teamspeak server for your faction and find a group, then you'll find out how much fun CW can be!

First time going FRR and found my way over to the public TS. Great group of guys and plenty of groups doing CW. Would certainly recommend to solo players and smaller merc units.

#22 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

But why are there no organized teams in ghost bear? There used to be plenty. And even without taking CGB into account, its obvious from the defense numbers that the clanners are badly outnumbered at the moment.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 15 November 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#23 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:39 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 15 November 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

But why are there no organized teams in ghost bear? There used to be plenty. And even without taking CGB into account, its obvious from the defense numbers that the clanners are badly outnumbered at the moment.

CGB units are still around, most of us just do not give a crap about CW... We have also seen a lot of burnout... You can only play the ame freaking game for so many years... steam launch... yeah, get the game past minimal viable product first. PGI pushes out the mechs well, about the only thing they do well.

#24 Poggle

• PipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 07:17 AM

Yup - challenging to play as a pug group against a pre-made...

#25 Sean Kerenskov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 334 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

GBKP is building. We're not there yet, but we will be at some point. The hibernation WILL end!

#26 D A N K M E M E S

• PipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

If you want to play CW, i would recomend joining a CW unit. CW is WAY better with an organized team. The best way to fight against an organized group is to be in another organized group. And the way the public match queue is at the moment, CW is looking like the most balanced game mode right now.

#27 Jae Hyun Nakamura

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMarburg

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:51 AM

As somebody said before, CW lacks a lot of content. Personally i like it a lot as it is really competitive, but there is so much more to implement if you compare it with the BT Universe. First of all i would just do 3 to 5 Theme based maps for one planet. Here's the example:

Let's just say you want to attack Zion (Marik Planet in the Center of Clan Territory) As you gather Information about this planet, you know it has a low temperature with snowy mountains, gravity of 1.12 and somme other useless Information for the fluff. You know you will get a map like boreal, but in 3 to 5 different variations of this, and not 5 completely different scenes like we have it now. I'm not a programmer so i don't really know how long you need to programm a new map, but i think it should be easy to copy paste some elements of existing maps and reorganize them to create something new.

Second thing: travel, maintainance and objectives. I think travel is something PGI really wants to implement, not as a time based travel system but a moneysink system where you buy space in your dropships. I'm really fine with this, it gives PGI a possibility to balance players by dropship range/level/tonnage whatever. Maintainance: every piece of equipment you lose on the battlefield should cost cbills. Well...not really necessary but nice to have. And objectives: Radar stations, shield generators, facilities, ports, HPGs and much more thing that players can fight for to get some minor benefits for their faction (+1% cbill/facility, -1% travel cost/port etc.)

Just some things to make it a true Bttletech game.

#28 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:03 AM

CW in it's current state is a waste of time. Bad designed maps and game mode. Second it is only for groups / units.

#29 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:18 AM

The amount of organization ( not cause its complicated or cause I dont like to sozialize but because of time ) you need for CW is just too high.
You drop into Teamspeak, squable half an hour before all are set, are ready in mechlab got their bladder filled and emptied three times and finaly managed to tug their children to bed.
Then you wait around ten mins, get eventualy a ghost drop and if not the time/ Cbills ratio you get out of it is around 1/3 of solopug.
Sure you could just queue solo but thats essentially ~15mins waiting time just to get violated by a premade.
And all you get is around 70 - 90k Cbills for a quarter hour waiting and ten mins of getting sloughtered. ( oh i forget you also get the occasional faction goodies )

But again the amount of NOT FUN you have to get through for a meager revenue is just too much to put up with.

#30 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:01 AM

Simple answer, CW is a complete waste of time, and the time wasted to get a game you can earn the c-bills in pug easily, the achivements are nice but not worth the time it takes to get a game especially if you pug drop, waiting 30 min to get murdered is not anyones idear of a fun game, CW is one big fail sad simple fact.

#31 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:12 AM

The problem with most faction units is that they prefere to play clan vs. IS so that they can either roll the opponents (and slap their E-Peens around) or be rolled and complain later (IS mechs are overquirked or Clan mechs are overpowered depending on which faction they are playing for). This complaining factor is not possible if the playfield is evened and they loose against the same mech types. This is the case with the Ghost Beers as they have no (or hardly any) border with IS factions.

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:49 AM

You know how everyone was always saying "Die, Clanner"...?

I guess they did.

#33 Kissamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:53 AM

Hmm, I've been thinking of doing a tour on other factions for those mech bays before the map resets. Maybe even clans. I do have mechs for drop deck, after all.

#34 Grothaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:56 AM

Continuous buffing of IS weps, quirks, as well as the much lower cost of IS mechs, higher dropdeck weight for IS, is at least one contributing factor.

#35 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:28 AM

I actually like CW and especially because it is a much longer fight and the reward (in C-Bills) is higher than public Matches.
But:
It seems like PGI favors IS mechs with their really strong quirks for Lasers. 90% of the IS-Mechs are Stalker, Blackjack, Thunderbolt, Banshee and Raven Pulse-Boats. Then you see a griffin or a Mauler and Dragon with ACs here or there. Thats it. Especially the Thunderbolts are really... hard to kill for a 65t Mech! When i see a Thunderbolt (while being in any mech different than a timberwolf), i have to take care really much. It got no heat-issues, mobile and tanky! And each Pilot can bring 3 of them.
I dont stand a chance against them.
And it is the same for really many clan pilots. I know many who said that they wont CW anymore, as long as the IS Quirks are so strong. It is just to frustrating and boring!

#36 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:56 AM

Clan cry becouse IS have quirks. IS cry becouse claners have Timbergod, Jessusbringer and Arctic Cheeter and don't forget of Storm broken hit box Crow.
You have better mechs and better weapons we have quirks. It's call ballance; )

#37 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 15 November 2015 - 04:34 AM, said:

But why are there no organized teams in ghost bear? There used to be plenty.

Because the BerSerKer left ..

#38 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

View PostKernelOops, on 13 November 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

Perhaps removing this limitation would also improve the CW experience for clanners? I see no reason not to allow the different clanners to attack IS planets together. This would at least allow people to play the clan faction of their choice rather than being forced to play Jade Falcons/Clan Wolf because that is where all the players are. You are right, Clan Smoke Jag and Ghost Bear do seem a bit dead right now, so why not let them join on the attack with the Wolf/Falcon counterparts?

other than the fact the clans hate each other. Falcons and Wolves, for instance have a long-standing rivalry.

#39 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 20 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Who else thought of this when they read the thread? :P

#40 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

Had PGI not gone with an F2P model.........

tbh, I haven't played in a while. no reason to.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 20 November 2015 - 04:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users