57 replies to this topic

#41 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

View PostMichal R, on 18 November 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

Clan cry becouse IS have quirks. IS cry becouse claners have Timbergod, Jessusbringer and Arctic Cheeter and don't forget of Storm broken hit box Crow.
You have better mechs and better weapons we have quirks. It's call ballance; )

You got your balance you needed.
as the topic told... the IS has won, because of the balance is so good....
finally the claner went away and let the IS play against each other... thats fine. perhaps after re-balance, if it's not the same as now, you will see some claners again but at present it's pointless

#42 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 18 November 2015 - 01:18 AM, said:

The amount of organization ( not cause its complicated or cause I dont like to sozialize but because of time ) you need for CW is just too high.
You drop into Teamspeak, squable half an hour before all are set, are ready in mechlab got their bladder filled and emptied three times and finaly managed to tug their children to bed.
Then you wait around ten mins, get eventualy a ghost drop and if not the time/ Cbills ratio you get out of it is around 1/3 of solopug.
Sure you could just queue solo but thats essentially ~15mins waiting time just to get violated by a premade.
And all you get is around 70 - 90k Cbills for a quarter hour waiting and ten mins of getting sloughtered. ( oh i forget you also get the occasional faction goodies )

But again the amount of NOT FUN you have to get through for a meager revenue is just too much to put up with.

There are obviously plenty of organized teams playing though, its just that they rarely seem to get matched against each other.

In the last couple of days, i saw several organized teams avoid defending planets which IS 12 mans were dropping on just to attack Skallevoll and most of the time the Skallevoll drops were defended by random IS pugs.

A few hours ago i did a Skallevoll drop in which the defending IS team was so bad that they had 5 mechs at the gates even when there was a full team at the generators.

There seems to be plenty of organized teams in clan wolf and jade falcon but just looking at the queue numbers for defends over the last few weeks, its almost always solo queues with the occasionally 2 or 3 man thrown in. Attackers are almost always 12 man IS teams.

I guess all the people who predicted that CW would turn out to be planet trading were correct...

#43 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 22 November 2015 - 02:09 PM, said:

There are obviously plenty of organized teams playing though, its just that they rarely seem to get matched against each other.

How do you know when you are not part of them?

#44 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:39 PM

When i see like 3 IS 12 mans attacking 3 different clanner planets for hours and the only people queueing to defend are solo queuing, it seems pretty clear that there aren't any organized teams queueing to defend.

And the few instances i have been able to join an attack (which usually had one or two clanner teams) was mostly defended by IS randoms as well.

Which is why most cycles have at least two clanner planets go to very high attacker win % because the IS 12 mans attacking are getting easy wins. Although that appears to have slowed down somewhat in the last few days.

Edited by Jun Watarase, 23 November 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#45 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:55 PM

As I own 1/2 clan and 1/2 IS (a bit more IS, but it's close enough), I just don't like CW period. It's reptitive and very pug-stompy. If you're playing in a big group it's a lot of fun. But on your own, you go against 12 mans or even semi-organized teams and get stuffed. Attacking is also extremely painful. The turrets, walls, fantastic firing lines and coolness of maps like Boreal Vault make it ******* impossible to attack.

When Praise Be Phase III comes out? Perhaps I'll try it again. But not until then.

#46 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:24 PM

Its funny that i see people saying they are bored of CW, because personally i find the regular matches boring compared to CW (assuming the teams are fairly even, which is rare).

#47 Tiberius Augustus

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:47 PM

imo Netbattletech - http://mwo.netbattletech.com/ has something do with it, saw it in much earlier posts.

Its semi-scripted, they add "ghosts" elements, what i mean by ghost is something that is not on CW as of yet like logistics. They come up with sorties that come from a high command and they react on those. Yes CW currently is lacking but going NBT-MWO it can feel as if its complete but thru a website not CW.

The only real downside IMO with NBT is the fact its some how scripted, almost as if they following lore timeline in someway, where if orders are not given out to attack/defend a planet you can not do anything, why let that dictate what you can and can not attack. It should be just the pure enjoyment of at least playing in CW and see where your pre-made group, if you are in any, goes and make a mark in the CW map.

NBT is a double edge sword....It adds more substance to CW but have to go thru a website and see if orders are given out. On the flip side its too restricting and reasons you dont see much activity per say in CW

#48 Sinsabul

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

CGB has been dead since tukkayid. There are plenty of teams though in Jade Falcon and Wolf that I'm personally aware of, perhaps Smoke Jaguar too. Lately with the IS mechs being the latest released and now Marauders and such coming up the balance of mercs have shifted to IS somewhat. That has caused dedicated clanners to be on heavy defense most of the time. Also, as someone mentioned before Fallout 4 has to be having some impact. I know it has for me. I think with forthcoming changes things will continue to grow and balance out. Granted, I am clearly an optimist, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that things either balance or fall. Despite all the player whining (as all games endure) I've watched MWO make plenty of positive strides from where it began. Unless you are die hard rp, you might consider going wolf or falcon for now. A lot of folks are moving around knocking out mech bays in preparation for potential newly released changes that will encourage more loyalists (at which point some groups will no longer bounce around). So, yeah...hang in there.

-Sins

#49 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:32 PM

But why has CGB been dead since tukkayid? Also, all of my LPs are with CGB...do those stop working if i switch to another faction?

#50 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 13 November 2015 - 04:30 AM, said:

Well, when CW first came out, games looked like this : http://i.imgur.com/tylrrd1.jpg

Now it looks like this : http://i.imgur.com/1LNLaR0.jpg

But it wasnt necessary to jump through the hoops to get a decent game when CW first came out. Why did things change?

I had the exact opposite experience you did when CW first started...its was 12v12 groups for days....no pugs in sight.

Also, there is nothing to play for.

#51 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 24 November 2015 - 08:32 PM, said:

But why has CGB been dead since tukkayid? Also, all of my LPs are with CGB...do those stop working if i switch to another faction?

View PostBSK, on 19 November 2015 - 01:52 AM, said:

Because the BerSerKer left ..

And btw you keep,your LP for THAT faction, but you can gain more goodies then in others ..

#52 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:35 AM

Clans will be even more scarce after the imbalance pass, the one that lets Catapult and Black Knight bend over Timberwolves with ease.The Patch that will almost guarantee a legged like death with the loss of a Side Torso. The Patch that makes IS single heats sinks as efficient as Clan doubles, the very patch that works to stop laser boating, ( clan only). The one that will make the guass rifle 6.5 seconds to refire. The Patch that will punish Clan lights with energy only builds and again do nothing to help the Summoner. But if you got a Black Knight or Catapult, Mauler, or FS9 rock on. Clanners can take another one for the Team for the sake of others fun factor. Boat up IS.

Edited by SaltBeef, 28 November 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#53 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:10 PM

I suspect that Clanners are "bored with CW" because of the gigantic Clan territory surrounding Terra, provincial capitols being taken, and not a lot of variety. I imagine that IS players have better reasons to fight because of lost territory and what have you. The Wolves and the Falcons are the 2 dominant Clans if not factions in CW and there is nothing really left for them. The Ghost Bears and the FWL are shadows of their former selves in terms of population and activity.

Maybe when the new Phase III comes out, combined with new mechs (Marauder/IIC/etc), STEAM release attracting more fans (I predict many new players will join the FedSuns, CJF, CW), and maybe some groups which have been inactive coming back, will help.

#54 Alec Braca

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, Massachusetts USA

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

View PostSaltBeef, on 28 November 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

Clans will be even more scarce after the imbalance pass, the one that lets Catapult and Black Knight bend over Timberwolves with ease.The Patch that will almost guarantee a legged like death with the loss of a Side Torso. The Patch that makes IS single heats sinks as efficient as Clan doubles, the very patch that works to stop laser boating, ( clan only). The one that will make the guass rifle 6.5 seconds to refire. The Patch that will punish Clan lights with energy only builds and again do nothing to help the Summoner. But if you got a Black Knight or Catapult, Mauler, or FS9 rock on. Clanners can take another one for the Team for the sake of others fun factor. Boat up IS.

I remember when the IS did light rushes and the population complained, the Clans rushed with Streakcrows, complained, the programmers changed the layout and LZ's to prevent light rushes. Clans now can light rush, complain about legging. This goes on and on and on. I think it's safe to say that Clanner mechs and equipment are far superior to IS mechs. What is going on? At least you wont die when your XL engine gets damaged like IS engines. The Clanners boat up as well so don't try and play the victim card here. Why is the CLan population scarce? Probably bc they have nothing to do. Am I right? This has been going on since the Clans came into existence. Its the great debate, the answer to the great question! IS and Clans have strengths and weaknesses.

Thoughts?

Edited by Alec Braca, 28 November 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#55 Skabs

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

I know of maybe 2 12man units of GB that ARE out there (just dont recall the names...or hour I was on playing)... Im on pacific and seems get best shots at CW when I get off work at 5 to 9 ish after the ceasefire CW is non exsistant .... UNTILL... about 4 in the morning picks up real big(dont ask why I up 4am) However thats about how goes for Steiner it seems... I believe wolf and falcons get alot of action but fluffy bears get different planets seems so... =s dont know what to tell ya

Edited by Skabs, 28 November 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#56 Veev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 251 posts
  • LocationWhere ever I am

Posted 28 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

Ghost bears are light on members and paths to fight others. Was in GB a short time ago as we do the merc rotation thing in PL.

#57 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:11 AM

Need free LP? Just join JF for free drops :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users