4 replies to this topic

#1 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:24 PM

Despite my love of BattleTech, I'm embarrassed I've never actually owned any miniatures. I suppose that's more or less because I've never had anyone nearby to play TT to begin with.

That changed rather rapidly when a friend of mine asked if they could try it, probably largely in part because I bring up 'mechs far too often. It's a great conversation starter, really. -_- Anyway, I had a few of the original folding boards but none of the original cardboard minis. That wouldn't do, so I had to whip up some printable ones.

And yes, I know you can find the original ones online but I wanted to see what the MWO ones looked like...

Posted Image

Granted that's a 3D render of them because I wanted to see what they'd look like without printing them, but they work pretty well in reality.

Posted Image

So yeah... I like printing them with bases since it's easier to cut as a single foldable piece, and they're pretty sturdy even just with regular cartridge paper. Just curious I guess as to what people think. Does anyone still use paper/cardboard minis?

I kind of want to make them for the rest of MWO's 'mechs as well, but I doubt I'll use them very much due to aforementioned reason, but if anyone else thought they might use them even just for backups I'd find time to put them together. ^_^

#2 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:12 PM

Looks good! The consistent backgrounds look really nice, but I wonder what it would look like if they were scaled to reflect the size of the mechs.

#3 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:23 PM

They look great dingo, if ya do end up doing more please post em up, i'd use em in a heartbeat! :)

#4 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostDingo Red, on 10 November 2015 - 11:24 PM, said:

Despite my love of BattleTech, I'm embarrassed I've never actually owned any miniatures. I suppose that's more or less because I've never had anyone nearby to play TT to begin with.

That changed rather rapidly when a friend of mine asked if they could try it, probably largely in part because I bring up 'mechs far too often. It's a great conversation starter, really. -_- Anyway, I had a few of the original folding boards but none of the original cardboard minis. That wouldn't do, so I had to whip up some printable ones.

And yes, I know you can find the original ones online but I wanted to see what the MWO ones looked like...

Granted that's a 3D render of them because I wanted to see what they'd look like without printing them, but they work pretty well in reality.

So yeah... I like printing them with bases since it's easier to cut as a single foldable piece, and they're pretty sturdy even just with regular cartridge paper. Just curious I guess as to what people think. Does anyone still use paper/cardboard minis?

I kind of want to make them for the rest of MWO's 'mechs as well, but I doubt I'll use them very much due to aforementioned reason, but if anyone else thought they might use them even just for backups I'd find time to put them together. ^_^

Great job! If you post the other mechs I will certainly use them.

#5 serpentdaddy13

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 06:32 PM

Those are pretty sweet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users