Xsolla (Hidden Fees)

4 replies to this topic

#1 Oh_That_Guy

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

I would like to just tell MWO that because of Xsolla and their billing practices (hidden fees) that I will never spend any money on MWO. I hope you discontinue your relationship with Xsolla so one day I could buy some online merchandise from MWO and keep the game great.[/color]

If you try to buy MC with a gift card be prepared to pay fees...[/color]

Edited by utopiaspaz, 11 November 2015 - 11:15 AM.

#2 Argent Tnega

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLemoore, CA

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:02 PM

My bank will not let me use this service either.

I have tried to pick up the Rifleman package and my purchase gets denied. I tried my different accounts, and the next morning I got a phone call from the fraud detection people. I got that sorted out so I tried again this afternoon and it the purchase was denied again. Before anyone asks, yes I have the money in my account....

If it matters also, I am not a fan of the Xsolla service either...

#3 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:33 PM

Use PayPal, works easily.

#4 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:36 PM

you would need to contact support, its not a forum problem. There are plenty of people here who have used almost all methods of payment and we don't have a myriad or post like these. I have had no problem or hidden fees with my purchases.

Contact Support, and your bank.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 11 November 2015 - 09:37 PM.

#5 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

This has nothing to do with the bank, it was an attempt to use the advertised 'Purchase with a gift card' service Xsolla offers. They however offer it through a forth party PayGarden. PayGarden asks for you information and says they will make you an offer in trade value for your gift card. However they refused to give me a monetary value for the card and instead just returned an insufficient value message.

Their help center just suggested that PayGarden may have an exceptionally high commission rate and said I should attempt to buy a smaller package and let PayGarden absorb the remainder of the card. If my friend gives me a 30$ gift for MC, they would be quite disappointed to find it only purchased 15$ of MC.

So like the OP said: "If you try to buy MC with a gift card be prepared to pay fees...", this is a warning worth heeding for anyone expecting to make fair use of a gift card on a MechWarrior purchase. It may not be PGI at fault but it does not look good to someone attempting to use the service they are partnered with currently.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users