Petition To Remove "a Battletech Game" From Title.

364 replies to this topic

#1 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:19 PM

I would like to start a petition to have "A BattleTech Game" removed from the title of MechWarrior Online.

Frankly, I would also like to see the game renamed to "generic robot arena shooter from PGI"...however...I doubt that will fly.

At least we can bring the truth out, and hopefully they remove the association to BT from the title.

With the changes that are coming to this game, this is no longer "A BattleTech Game"

There are myriad ways to accomplish "different but equal"...all we are getting here is "reskinned but equal".

What happens when T3/T4 IS tech comes and completely flattens the T3/T4 clan tech out now because nerfed into freaking oblivion?

Can we not just advance the timeline to bring about IS tech that is actually equivalent to the Clan Tech out now?

3055-3060 would get you there...

After having spent over $2k on this game, I am legitimately considering cancelling all my outstanding pre-orders at this point and dropping MWO completely...which is sad because I really never thought the day would come a diehard grognard like me would ever give in...but...this may be the last straw...

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

If you only played Battletech to experience Clan dominance, you played it for all of the wrong reasons.

That's not to say that I like each and every single change, but the fact remains that some kind of changes needed to be done. The sub-par chassis still need improvement as they always have.

#3 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:22 PM

$2k? Baller.

#4 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,249 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

Should I start a thread about a Petition to end over-dramatizations in the MWO forums?

They are trying to balance the game we have now, and they aren't on the hook to release new IS weapons for YEARS until they advance the timeline, so lets cross that bridge when we get there.

#5 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:29 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 November 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I would like to start a petition to have "A BattleTech Game" removed from the title of MechWarrior Online.

Frankly, I would also like to see the game renamed to "generic robot arena shooter from PGI"...however...I doubt that will fly.

At least we can bring the truth out, and hopefully they remove the association to BT from the title.

With the changes that are coming to this game, this is no longer "A BattleTech Game"

There are myriad ways to accomplish "different but equal"...all we are getting here is "reskinned but equal".

What happens when T3/T4 IS tech comes and completely flattens the T3/T4 clan tech out now because nerfed into freaking oblivion?

Can we not just advance the timeline to bring about IS tech that is actually equivalent to the Clan Tech out now?

3055-3060 would get you there...

After having spent over $2k on this game, I am legitimately considering cancelling all my outstanding pre-orders at this point and dropping MWO completely...which is sad because I really never thought the day would come a diehard grognard like me would ever give in...but...this may be the last straw...

While I think you are being overly dramatic I do think we should just move the timeline forward instead of doing what we are doing because it just isn't working and only further complicates any future time/tech jumps.

#6 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

With all the whining from you in the past I'm amazed you still have "outstanding preorders" to cancel :D

Also I assume you're aware that clans still dominate the competitive metagame, that the strongest IS weapon quirks are being toned down soon, and that the Jenner iic is expected to be the strongest light in the game so far?

#7 ChronoBear

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

I will sign here. I wish I only spent 2k....

#8 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 November 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Should I start a thread about a Petition to end over-dramatizations in the MWO forums?

They are trying to balance the game we have now, and they aren't on the hook to release new IS weapons for YEARS until they advance the timeline, so lets cross that bridge when we get there.

Now that's a petition I'll sign!

#9 ChronoBear

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:32 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

With all the whining from you in the past I'm amazed you still have "outstanding preorders" to cancel :D

Also I assume you're aware that clans still dominate the competitive metagame, that the strongest IS weapon quirks are being toned down soon, and that the Jenner iic is expected to be the strongest light in the game so far?

You make me laugh. Strongest until it comes out for cbills. Then it will be nerfed into oblivion

#10 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:35 PM

You are worse than a buzzfeed headline.

#11 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:36 PM

A Wah Wah it's not fair, you took away our easy mode, Thread.

#12 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:37 PM

What is this obsessions with changing names lately?

So the moment they change the name, you all will be ok with everything else?

I'll grant you your wish then... poof... there, the name is changed to messy warrior online. The title is just a typo from now on.

now... with that out of the way. I want camo support for (I), (P), (L), (R ), heros,etc mechs. I want, overhauled animations for clan wave 1 mechs and i want re-scales ad re-models.... who's with me?

#13 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

I don't get it. How is MW:O any less related to battletech than MW3 or MW4 were? None of them are particularly close to the source game, because that is impossible in anything that isn't top down and turn based.

Admittedly, making clan and IS tech identical is dumb, but neither should be better, they should be good at different things (which to a large extent is what we have right now).

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:43 PM

But what's life without drama? :D

I wish I could find my post from long ago pre-Clans in which I warned that PGI should not be wasting so much time, effort, and other limited resources acquiescing to constant player demands that weapons be balanced "Nao!" while the game still had major pieces missing (i.e. Clans, Community Warfare, Information Warfare, etc.).

There is a reason why we have this major balancing mess now.

#15 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:45 PM

View PostAEgg, on 16 November 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

Admittedly, making clan and IS tech identical is dumb, but neither should be better, they should be good at different things (which to a large extent is what we have right now).

Blasphemy!

Unless it follows the TT rulebooks to the word it is UNACCEPTABLE!!! It can't be mechwarrior until all hits are dice rolls and 10 v 12 and you need to read a 100 page user manual to understand the mechanics! And also pass a 4 page written history test on the BT universe so you can know the lore!!! MRAAAA

*neckbeard grows larger*

#16 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:51 PM

View PostcSand, on 16 November 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

Blasphemy!

Unless it follows the TT rulebooks to the word it is UNACCEPTABLE!!! It can't be mechwarrior until all hits are dice rolls and 10 v 12 and you need to read a 100 page user manual to understand the mechanics! And also pass a 4 page written history test on the BT universe so you can know the lore!!! MRAAAA

*neckbeard grows larger*

I don't know about dice rolls and 4-page history tests, but Clan Binary vs. IS Company sounds great in my book! A 100-page manual with a crib sheet sounds fine as well. :P

#17 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

Cool I'm down. Maybe then I can get that Heavy Arms Gundam I've wanted this whole time!

#18 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostMystere, on 16 November 2015 - 02:51 PM, said:

I don't know about dice rolls and 4-page history tests, but Clan Binary vs. IS Company sounds great in my book! A 100-page manual with a crib sheet sounds fine as well. :P

What's a game without a 4 page history test?

manual.. like the flight sims of old :D

#19 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

I can see it now... I'll get an email from change.org.

#20 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

View PostFupDup, on 16 November 2015 - 02:21 PM, said:

If you only played Battletech to experience Clan dominance, you played it for all of the wrong reasons.

That's not to say that I like each and every single change, but the fact remains that some kind of changes needed to be done. The sub-par chassis still need improvement as they always have.

Sure, there were myriad ways to "change" the game and keep the flavor.

Bring in T3/T4 IS tech for starters...

How about bringing in LFEs...?

FFS, we could just move the timeline up to 3055-3060 and solve all the parity problems by giving IS:

All their ER lasers...
All their UACs...
Alltheir LBX...
All their SSRMs...

But...WTF do I know...I put up all those ideas, and a few more, as well as tons of other good/bad/average ideas from the community....and the solution is this BS?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users