Petition To Remove "a Battletech Game" From Title.

364 replies to this topic

#21 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

Sure, remove the BattleTech note from the title.

Then remove all the BattleTech IP, and replace it with stuff that is unrelated to Mechwarrior or BattleTech.

Done, problem solved. Close thread.

#22 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostAEgg, on 16 November 2015 - 02:38 PM, said:

I don't get it. How is MW:O any less related to battletech than MW3 or MW4 were? None of them are particularly close to the source game, because that is impossible in anything that isn't top down and turn based.

Admittedly, making clan and IS tech identical is dumb, but neither should be better, they should be good at different things (which to a large extent is what we have right now).

None of the MW3/MW4 games specifically stated "A BattleTech Game", nor were they billed as "A thinking man's shooter", or "a FPS mech-sim".

View PostProsperity Park, on 16 November 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Sure, remove the BattleTech note from the title.

Then remove all the BattleTech IP, and replace it with stuff that is unrelated to Mechwarrior or BattleTech.

Done, problem solved. Close thread.

Seriously...you completely get it.

Just replace everything with generic names...it would do this game justice.

Flavorless, vanilla, generic ******** robot arena shooter....

#23 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 November 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

None of the MW3/MW4 games specifically stated "A BattleTech Game", nor were they billed as "A thinking man's shooter", or "a FPS mech-sim".

MWO requires significant thought to play. Thinking and positioning are the most important parts of MWO. If you aren't thinking, you aren't winning.

#24 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

Balance changes alone don't change something like what universe the game is set in.

MWO was either not a real Battletech game from the beginning or it still is one, it doesn't suddenly change because of your whining and crying.

If you'll shut the hell up finally then go ahead and cancel every pre-order, I drink your tears of regret for spending ridiculous amounts of money on a game like this.

#25 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 November 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Seriously...you completely get it.

Just replace everything with generic names...it would do this game justice.

Flavorless, vanilla, generic ******** robot arena shooter....

Ok, so let's assume they replace all the names and assets and call it like you suggest.

Why would it make you happier? Would you like the game better if the names were different?

And if you don't like the game and stop playing it, then what difference does it make to you what name it has?

Edited by Sjorpha, 16 November 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#26 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

With all the whining from you in the past I'm amazed you still have "outstanding preorders" to cancel :D

Also I assume you're aware that clans still dominate the competitive metagame, that the strongest IS weapon quirks are being toned down soon, and that the Jenner iic is expected to be the strongest light in the game so far?

I guess you didnt read about what they plan to do to Clan XL. Taking a side torso may be a big deal now.

View PostSjorpha, on 16 November 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

Ok, so let's assume they replace all the names and assets and call it like you suggest.

Why would it make you happier? Would you like the game better if the names were different?

And if you don't like the game and stop playing it, then what difference does it make to you what name it has?

I agree, this does nothing to make the game better and is just something gyrok is throwing out from a place of spite right now...i think you just need a break from the game man. Go play fallout 4 or something else where you arent so involved in the mechanics and core issues with the game and just have fun for a while.

Come back when some Stoobs are here to flood the threads.....:P

Clan XL nerf is what is sorely needed...its coming apparently.

#27 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostSjorpha, on 16 November 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

It wouldn't make him happier. Gyrok is just a nerd raging bitter guy who thinks IS quirks are too OP.

#28 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

View Postpwnface, on 16 November 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

It wouldn't make him happier. Gyrok is just a nerd raging bitter guy who thinks IS quirks are too OP.

Maybe, but why make a petition unless he wants it to happen?

Seriously, if it makes Gyrok and his ilk stop complaining I'm all for removing the subtitle. Just "Mechwarrior Online" is fine on it's own IMO.

So clear this up for me Gyrok please, tell if i'm understanding this thread correctly: if the subtitle "a battletech game" gets removed you'll be happy and stop complaining amirite?

If we assume the same is true for the other namechange petitioners, it would be a cheap price to improve the forums. I'd break a ******* bottle of my rare merlot vintage just to celebrate. :)

Edited by Sjorpha, 16 November 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#29 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 16 November 2015 - 04:11 PM

lol

#30 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:09 PM

Move timeline to 3025. Remove clans. Keep name. Kick whiners.

Edited by Hillslam, 16 November 2015 - 05:10 PM.

#31 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostHillslam, on 16 November 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

Move timeline to 3025. Remove clans. Keep name. Kick whiners.

Who is paying for the refund of all Clan Mechs bought and paid for, you?

View PostSjorpha, on 16 November 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

If we assume the same is true for the other namechange petitioners, it would be a cheap price to improve the forums. I'd break a ******* bottle of my rare merlot vintage just to celebrate. :)

Will things really improve? Or will they just degenerate into the inter-IS cannibalism that existed long before the Clans arrived? :lol:

#32 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

Was wondering when I'd see Gyrok's neckbearded rants return. Fitting it would happen in No-Shave November.

#33 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 16 November 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

While I think you are being overly dramatic I do think we should just move the timeline forward instead of doing what we are doing because it just isn't working and only further complicates any future time/tech jumps.

if they can't balance existing tech, how is jumping into the future and MORE tech to balance going to help?

Sounds like being inside a burning building....and your solution is to pour gas all over yourself. :huh:

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 November 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

MWO requires significant thought to play. Thinking and positioning are the most important parts of MWO. If you aren't thinking, you aren't winning.

Bingo.

But c'mon, this is the guy who spent how many months telling us the TWolf and SCrow had been nerfed into oblivion with the laser duration adjustment. I mean, they're just so bad now.......................

View PostDarthRevis, on 16 November 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

I guess you didnt read about what they plan to do to Clan XL. Taking a side torso may be a big deal now.

yeah I mean a clan mech with an XL is at such a disadvantage to an IS packing an XL now....... :ph34r:

#34 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

/thread

Bwahahahahahahha...

Really?

Bwahahahahhaha!

#35 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostPjwned, on 16 November 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Balance changes alone don't change something like what universe the game is set in.

MWO was either not a real Battletech game from the beginning or it still is one, it doesn't suddenly change because of your whining and crying.

If you'll shut the hell up finally then go ahead and cancel every pre-order, I drink your tears of regret for spending ridiculous amounts of money on a game like this.

well...in fairness....once or twice they actually were.....

of course....the other 99% of the time.........

View PostMystere, on 16 November 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

Who is paying for the refund of all Clan Mechs bought and paid for, you?

Apparently all Clanners have quite the game because Clan Tech Crutch no longer dominates the IS in every conceivable way (just most) if Gyrok and crew are to be believed.....so if they all quite, they'll never know that the Clans are gone, and so won't need a refund! Brilliant!

#36 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 November 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 16 November 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Apparently all Clanners have quite the game because Clan Tech Crutch no longer dominates the IS in every conceivable way (just most) if Gyrok and crew are to be believed.....so if they all quite, they'll never know that the Clans are gone, and so won't need a refund! Brilliant!

Well, if PGI does grant Hillsam's demand to remove the Clans, the best move is to stay at least until refunds are given ... plus interest of course. :D

#37 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:04 PM

Kicking and screaming in the face of change. Sounds about right.

#38 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

View PostGyrok, on 16 November 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

Can we not just advance the timeline to bring about IS tech that is actually equivalent to the Clan Tech out now?

Where exactly on the BT timeline is IS tech ever equivalent to Clan tech? Just curious, because Clans have always kept their tech advantage, even moving into the Dark Ages timeline, where the only equalizer was that other factions (like the Republic) had access to Clan tech.

IS tech is always heavier, bulkier, and usually loses out in range/damage (if not both). So just wondering where this dream time of technical parity exists? Certainly never existed in BT.

IS ER lasers vs Clans, same heat, lesser range, same damage as IS standard lasers
IS UAC's vs Clans, lots heavier and more crit slots, lower range
IS LBX's vs Clans, heavier and more crit slots, lower range for class 2 and 5's
IS SSRM's vs Clans, heavier and lower range

Oh and Clans have 7 slot endo and ff, and get XL engines that don't die with a single side torso loss. IS gets LFE, which costs you half of the weight savings of an XL to get a comparable level of survivability, or their XL and death with one side torso gone.

Just bringing in more unbalanced items into the game isn't going to fix anything, or suddenly make IS and Clan equal.

#39 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 November 2015 - 03:36 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 November 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Should I start a thread about a Petition to end over-dramatizations in the MWO forums?

They are trying to balance the game we have now, and they aren't on the hook to release new IS weapons for YEARS until they advance the timeline, so lets cross that bridge when we get there.

Probably you should.. cose' these prissy drama queens are getting their thongs in a bunch again.. and over a legitimately good thing this time..

When IS tech catches up to Clan tech.. it will look like when a Jade Falcon attacks a Wolf.. an even interesting fight..

Please, OP, if you think the fact you spent 2K$ for this game gives you ANY right or privilege to post spoiled bratty rants like this, just leave.. nobody needs this bile of yours here..

The rebalance is happening, and it needs to happen, and the game will be better because of it.

The fact that the backend numbers don't match TT values do not make this game any less Battletech.. and nobody said TT values were ever well balanced or meant for a real-time type play.

So please.. go play something else.. your money is no good here.. :P

Edited by Vellron2005, 17 November 2015 - 03:38 AM.

#40 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:19 AM

View PostGyrok, on 16 November 2015 - 02:19 PM, said:

I would like to start a petition to have "A BattleTech Game" removed from the title of MechWarrior Online.

You call yourself a clanner? You start this petition now, over stat changes???? Where was your call to change the name when CW came out and clanners were able to attack clanners?

You true colors are showing. You care only for the lore based clan advantage and care nothing for the lore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users